• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics #2 CGC 4.5 White Pages

92 posts in this topic

Wish I could afford this puppy, but in the middle of buying another house atm...bad timing :(

And if I were to own this book, I'd definately restore it. If to just preserve it.

House or your grail? I know what i would choose.

You know fox, you're ok for a Brit.

If that book were cleaned, pressed and staples replaced, I bet it'd garner an 7.0-8.0 purple label.

Would it be worth more?

Davidking623

Probably less, though the book would look way nicer.

Actually the Court Copy, a SP 7.0 sold in February for $14,340.

I've seen that book in the current owner's hands, and boy, is it nice. I believe there was a slight (~5-10%) premium paid because it was the Court Copy, but I could be wrong.

If that book were cleaned, pressed and staples replaced, I bet it'd garner an 7.0-8.0 purple label.

Would it be worth more?

Davidking623

Yeah but that book had tons of historical value. The high bidder was a fellow boardie, and I know he wouldn't have even bid if it wasn't the court copy (thumbs u

Good luck with the sale B! :wishluck:

Very true. :gossip: (thumbs u

Would it be worth more?

Davidking623

I've seen that book in the current owner's hands, and boy, is it nice. I believe there was a slight (~5-10%) premium paid because it was the Court Copy, but I could be wrong.

To be honest, I didn't pay any attention to what the guide or resale "value" would be, just simply how much I was willing to pay for that particular copy. And I would have paid higher. :gossip:

Would it be worth more?

Davidking623

To be honest, I didn't pay any attention to what the guide or resale "value" would be, just simply how much I was willing to pay for that particular copy. And I would have paid higher. :gossip:

nice one mark!

thats how i feel about buying too.

Lest we digress too much (worship)

Action Comics #2 CGC Universal 4.5 with WHITE Pages

Price: $14K

Postage: $50 (couriered with full insurance and tracking)

Paypal or Bank-Wire ONLY

Time Payments available (PM me)

actF.jpg

actB.jpg

action2L.jpg

selling to fund new baby stuff.

(thumbs u

B.

So if the slight P copy were not the court related copy but everything else were the same. Which issue would you rather have CGC 7.0 SP or Blue CGC 4.5 listed here.

So if the slight P copy were not the court related copy but everything else were the same. Which issue would you rather have CGC 7.0 SP or Blue CGC 4.5 listed here.

The restored copy. What is the price delta? I assume the restored copy is less expensive

Not accounting for the provenance.......with the market the way it is currently, I'd say the unrestored would be the long term bet.

I wonder what grade the 4.5 White pager would get if the cover were cleaned/pressed and staples replaced with Vintage.....I still say 7.0-8.0.

Some day restored books will be in favor again or at least not relegated to the back of the bus. On keys like the 2nd Superman appearance, I'm not sure it get's dinged much for being restored.

Do you know what the 7.0 court copy grade was before restoration. Someone has to have a before restoration image somewhere. Since the cover was reinforced, it's possible that the cover was popped at a staple or 2 rendering it a technical G/VG or so. With tear seals, spine split seals, cleaning etc. I would bet it was similar in grade to the unrestored copy or possibly lower.

This is all speculation of course....Esquire...........?