• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Timely picture frame covers

36 posts in this topic

I don't know if you can really call The Witness a super-hero. He is a continuing character, but really just a "man in black" style narrator.

all timely/atlas superhero collectors i know consider the witness #1 and his several other appearances to be on their want list. that's all i mean by it.

(thumbs u The Witness #1 is a very cool bit of esoterica - wish I had one. Now post some pix frame covers :sumo:

-and I'm still waiting for other opinions as to whether Picture Frames are the end of the Timely era.

Absolutely stunning Subby 32 (worship)

Never really looked at Marvel tales #94 before - great cover! Timely seems to have had a thing for the "lost souls" motif.

Subby 32 is a picture frame, also Did anyone See the Amazing Mysterys on Lost the other night?

I caught that. It was in pretty bad shape considering it was being presented in a 1950's context. Although, I guess it was more realistic that the copy they used was a well read copy.

What kind of thought process do you think went on to use that particular book in the show last week, and do you think any special thought was given to the condition they wanted to portray?

For those that don't do "Lost", can you provide a brief background as to which book & it's context in the show? :wishluck:

In doing a little research, it appears the comic book on last week's Lost episode was Mystery Tales #40. It was shown during a flashback scene of one of the main characters during his childhood in the 50's. Here is a link with a little bit more info:

http://losteastereggs.blogspot.com/2008/05/comic-book-mystery-takes.html

Thanks!