• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Power Man #24 -1st Black Goliath

30 posts in this topic

[font:Century Gothic]LUKE CAGE, POWER MAN # 24

COVER BY: GIL KANE

WRITER: TONY ISABELLA

PENCILS: GEORGE TUSKA

INKS: VINCE COLLETTA

THE STORY:

"Among us Walks...Black Goliath!" Part 1 of 2. Guest-starring Goliath (Bill Foster). Luke Cage meets Claire's ex-husband, Dr. Bill Foster, former lab assistant to Hank Pym (Giant Man) and the super hero known as Black Goliath (1st appearance). And, the big man isn't too happy when he finds the woman he still loves in the arms of another man. Everyone knows what follows next...super-hero tussle in the mighty Marvel fashion.

Price Shipped …$44.99 [/font]

pm24A.jpg

pm24B.jpg

An oversight on their part. doh!

He first appeared in an earl y Avengers (32 or 33 or something) as Dr. Bill Foster. But didn't become Black Goliath until this ish.

CGC misses out on a lot of 1st apps. If they don't feel its important enough.

[font:Century Gothic]LUKE CAGE, POWER MAN # 24

COVER BY: GIL KANE

WRITER: TONY ISABELLA

PENCILS: GEORGE TUSKA

INKS: VINCE COLLETTA

THE STORY:

"Among us Walks...Black Goliath!" Part 1 of 2. Guest-starring Goliath (Bill Foster). Luke Cage meets Claire's ex-husband, Dr. Bill Foster, former lab assistant to Hank Pym (Giant Man) and the super hero known as Black Goliath (1st appearance). And, the big man isn't too happy when he finds the woman he still loves in the arms of another man. Everyone knows what follows next...super-hero tussle in the mighty Marvel fashion.

Price Shipped …$44.99 [/font]

pm24A.jpg

pm24B.jpg

Can't resist any longer, :takeit:...pending PM on shipping.

damn... I need a 9.6/9.8

:sorry:

So do I Bruce... that 9.8 is tough, tough to get. Especially since there aren't any on the census. :)

Only two 9.6s. I want one of those. But since I got the 9.4 WP Winnipeg...I think I might not upgrade.

Only four 9.4s BTW...

I know I have more than a few nice raw copies. I was really on a Luke Cage kick around 2003-2005 - tres cool books. :acclaim:

I think I have 4 HG copies of this ish . . . :whistle: Never knew anyone cared. (shrug)

Any of you UNDERCOVER Power Man collectors got a #48 in HG(9.6-9.8ish)?

Seems like none of you are guys slabbing your stuff...waiting for the Luke Cage movie to rake in $150 mil?

;)

Well, as JC and others have elucidated, the profit margin of slabbing mid to late Bronze books is very small, hence the low census numbers . . . BUT we're all HUGE Luke Cage fans :)

I have about 50-60% of the first 30 issues in NM- and up. Never thought anyone here liked cage. I mean the shirt and tiara are bad , just never hear anything.

And can anyone actually sell the black goliath series I have the comnplete run, I think "oh yea, clone thor"

I need a #3 for my black cover picture frame collection :wishluck:

Back when greggy and I weren't mortal enemies, I bought a couple of copies off him, a CGC 9.4 that he was hoping for a 9.6, and a raw NM-something - I think it's a 9.0 - probably too LG for you. hm

Here's a bad scan of the CGC copy.

58154-hfh_3_cgc.jpg.3402dace447975840ef04467d31e2971.jpg