• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Anyone read #57 yet? All I can say is "WOW" :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Definite WOW issue. Rick attacking like a zombie is brilliant! The page of him covered in blood, chasing down and killing the rapist while Carl looks is incredible. Adlard is so awesome.

This will be of interest to many of you... The next Romero "Dead" film. I didn't even know this was being made.

Romero's ...Of the Dead

Any one know when this is scheduled for release? (shrug)

it's just listed as 2009 and still in process of edit. the filming started in sept of last year and this is a pseudo sequel to diary (as long as he doesn't cast another canadian whose character is from baltimore "what is that aboot?")

i hope he gets a few more out before he becomes one of them...

J

I've avoided seeing Diary...

I did catch up with some zombie entertainment over Christmas: Dead Set (AWESOME), Resident Evil Degeneration (not great), and World War Z (not done yet but so far it's incredible).

Resident Evil Degeneration (not great), and World War Z (not done yet but so far it's incredible). [/quote"]

degeneration was good until they left the airport. world war z? great read! the last good thing to come from anyone related to mel brooks.

#57 was great! i don't think he's ready to kill rick off yet. but the end is nigh for him most definately.

J

Resident Evil Degeneration (not great), and World War Z (not done yet but so far it's incredible). [/quote"]

World War Z (novel) was great and I'm looking forward to the movie. Have you read: Zombie Survival Guide: Recorded Attacks? Its a promo comic with a preview of the upcoming 160 page graphic novel.

http://www.randomhouse.com/crown/recordedattacks/

Looks like this:

MxBrooksSS.jpg

I must be the older twin based on the serial. :grin:

zsg.jpg

Image stolen and used without Jonjespers permission

No rights reserved

World War Z (novel) was great and I'm looking forward to the movie. Have you read: Zombie Survival Guide: Recorded Attacks? Its a promo comic with a preview of the upcoming 160 page graphic novel.

http://www.randomhouse.com/crown/recordedattacks/

Max Brooks came to my college and gave a lecture on Zombie Survival. It was awesome, he played it completely straight and brought out various weapons, like a shot gun vs. a katana.

(Katana is better because it doesn't attract more zombies with noise)

He also did a Q&A. It was hilarious. He answered questions like "Can you really walk through a field of zombies by pretending to be a zombie?" (Answer: No).

Any other decent zombie/horror books currently running?

if you want regular nont comic books, there are 2 of a trilogy out by a z.a. recht, plague of the dead and thunder and ash as well as brian keene, the rising and city of the dead.

all are good, the keene books are better.

J

Edited by Junkenstein99