• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Nice!

Good point, here's hoping!

I liked Maggie as soon as she asked Glen if he wanted to get busy! :o:banana:

:applause:

BTW, did anyone have problems finding a nice copy of #55? Over 60% of mine were dinged.

So many 9.8s at my LCS... selecting a copy was a walk in the park :cloud9:

I got one too...but the pickins were slim.

Walking Dead Omnibus #2 is coming out soon. I'm trying to decide whether to get the signed/limited (3000 copies) edition or the regular edition. $50 difference.

Where did you hear it was 3000 copies?

The S&N version of Omnibus 1 was limited to 150 copies....I was under the impression it was the same with the 2nd version. The first volume also had retail prices of $100 and $150, just like volume 2. I have the S&N version on preorder, to go with my S&N Vol 1 :)

How soon do you think before they show some sort of authority/control? I know its a comic book/fantasy land but if Rick and his merry band are able to take control of the prison/etc then there has to be much more out there where either military/police have taken over a large area and are slowly regaining control. I mean no helicopters/air planes seen all this time? Or am I being too critical?

Walking Dead Omnibus #2 is coming out soon. I'm trying to decide whether to get the signed/limited (3000 copies) edition or the regular edition. $50 difference.

The S&N version of Omnibus 1 was limited to 150 copies....I was under the impression it was the same with the 2nd version. The first volume also had retail prices of $100 and $150, just like volume 2. I have the S&N version on preorder, to go with my S&N Vol 1 :)

Whoops! That was a typo. :P It is 300. The back cover of WD 55 says "Signed & numbered edition limited to only 300 copies!"

Is there any difference between the two besides the number and signature?

Where did you pre-order it from?

Whoops! That was a typo. :P It is 300. The back cover of WD 55 says "Signed & numbered edition limited to only 300 copies!"

Is there any difference between the two besides the number and signature?

Where did you pre-order it from?

300 sounds more like it (thumbs u

I preordered Vol 2 from here:

http://www.scifigenre.com/itemDetail.aspx?nItemID=63123&sid=S1VIO1XQT0WWIU1

I can't speak for Vol 2, but the only difference in Vol 1 is the inclusion of this page at the beginning of the book:

th_LEOmnibus1.jpgth_LEOmnibus2.jpg

I hope that helps!

--Steve :)

i actually meant the last page of issue #55. it's a preview of the next issue, and maggie is right next to glen.

Ummm...and there were Zombies about to attack what's his name on #55...but that didn't happen. Covers are sometimes misleading.

well, everything else about the cover was right, and zombies did attack later in the issue, so i'll take the last page of #55 as a preview of the next issue. we'll see if i'm wrong.

Very helpful. :headbang: Thanks Steve. (thumbs u

I think I am sold on the signed and numbered edition.

Heck, I've been offered $400+ for my S&N Vol 1, so I don't really think you can go wrong (even though Vol 2 is not as limited - 150 vs 300)

Glad to be of help Cristian :headbang:

Heck, I've been offered $400+ for my S&N Vol 1, so I don't really think you can go wrong (even though Vol 2 is not as limited - 150 vs 300)

Ordered it today along with a signed/numbered hardcover #4. :grin:

Ordered it today along with a signed/numbered hardcover #4. :grin:

Nice!! ^^

:bump:

I generally don't follow the thread so I hope no one's mentioned it before.

All WD fans should try out this book:

Go-Go Girls of the Apocalypse by Victor Gischler

Go get it at your local library and enjoy. It's very similar in tone to WD. No, it's not a Zombie story but might as well be. I'm 2/3rd in and I can't stop making comparisons.

Here's the final line of the back cover summary to further whet your interest:

"What little civilization remains revolves around Joey Armageddon's Sassy A-Go-Go strip clubs, where the beer is cold, the lap dances are hot, and the bouncers are armed with M16s." :grin:

:bump:

I generally don't follow the thread so I hope no one's mentioned it before.

All WD fans should try out this book:

Go-Go Girls of the Apocalypse by Victor Gischler

Go get it at your local library and enjoy. It's very similar in tone to WD. No, it's not a Zombie story but might as well be. I'm 2/3rd in and I can't stop making comparisons.

Here's the final line of the back cover summary to further whet your interest:

"What little civilization remains revolves around Joey Armageddon's Sassy A-Go-Go strip clubs, where the beer is cold, the lap dances are hot, and the bouncers are armed with M16s." :grin:

Sounds interesting, thanks for the recommendation, I'll have to check that out!

I thought the issue was alright, I was looking for a little more action but I was really surprised at the ending though. Mr Big Bad @ss crying like a baby.

That cover to 59 is awesome, cant wait!