• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

personally i think issue 59 was a little thin as far as content goes. still quality work, just lacking much content. a filler issue if you will. :whistle:

59 was not a very good issue at all. Nothing happened and the art looked very rushed. I'd rather the stories have content, the art be solid and the book be a little late then getting to book every 30 days with no content an halfazzed art.

I missed you Brian! Been fisting? :foryou:

:cloud9:

Finished reading up to issue 59. I read the first tpb about 2 weeks ago and got sidetracked. I went to my mom's and took the second tpb with me and finished that the first day! When I got back, I read all the rest of the issues in one day! So.... when does the next one come out????

This is one of the best comics I have ever read. Bar none. I am putting it right up there with Sandman and Preacher. I think it is better than Y and I am a big fan of that series as well. Michonne is definitely reminiscent of 355. She is badass but three fitty was awesomer! :cloud9:

Edited by agoodventure

Where's the love for #48? Beautifully stark in its rendering and design and the cover of one of the most upsetting comics I've ever read.

walkingdead048.jpg

Because it is just a rehash of the cover to issue 6.

Also, considering the content inside...this cover could've bee SO MUCH MORE. Too much ground on this one.

Actually, I think the amount of ground is supposed to be symbolic. A lot of people were given dirt naps in this one.

Finished reading up to issue 59. I read the first tpb about 2 weeks ago and got sidetracked. I went to my mom's and took the second tpb with me and finished that the first day! When I got back, I read all the rest of the issues in one day! So.... when does the next one come out????

This is one of the best comics I have ever read. Bar none. I am putting it right up there with Sandman and Preacher. I think it is better than Y and I am a big fan of that series as well. Michonne is definitely reminiscent of 355. She is badass but three fitty was awesomer! :cloud9:

Awesome! Glad you enjoy the series, and welcome to the addiction! :headbang:

And this is killing me. Push pins THROUGH the art???? That needs to be framed.

:takeit: ..push pins or no push pins!

Ditto, and I'll pay more than xsmanx for it :sumo:

:baiting:

I was just curious... I know everyone THINKS Lori and Judy are dead but is it possible they are not? I know that Lori got jacked up but the other people seemed to regret what they were doing and after killing the governor, they could have helped her out. I saw in some of the panel after she was shot, it kinda looks like there is a hole in Lori but it is also just vague enough for them to maybe write her back in. I would be disappointed but it is something that nags at the back of my mind.

I was just curious... I know everyone THINKS Lori and Judy are dead but is it possible they are not? I know that Lori got jacked up but the other people seemed to regret what they were doing and after killing the governor, they could have helped her out. I saw in some of the panel after she was shot, it kinda looks like there is a hole in Lori but it is also just vague enough for them to maybe write her back in. I would be disappointed but it is something that nags at the back of my mind.

There was some other speculations about this on Kirkman's message board right after the issue came out, and he came on and posted that Lori and Judy are, without a doubt, dead.

I just read the letters page from issue 50 and Kirkman is pretty emphatic that they are indeed dead. Good.

I have some other books on my "to read" list but I can only focus on Walking Dead now! :frustrated:

Ditto, and I'll pay more than xsmanx for it :sumo:

:baiting:

With my current unemployment situation...I would have to agree with you!

Kirkman sez they are dead...for sure. She lives on in Rick's mind though...in an insane kind of way. We might see them again...as zombies...the head was still intact you know.

So, I count 3 so far...

1. My question is will we ever see characters pontificating on why the zombie outbreak happened? I could see some cults forming around certain ideas and it could be fun to see the characters guessing about the nature of the world, kind of like how lots of people have different theories about life in the real world but not everything is explained.

I think they are too busy trying to survive...that's my guess. The mullet guy seems to be in the know, but Kirkman always trys to play us. So I'm not buying his bs yet.

2. Will there truly be an explanation for what happened to cause the Dead to walk?

Kirkman says we will get closer to the truth on this...whatever that means.

3. Why if someone dies (a regular death) they come back as a Zombie?

They come back. They need not be bitten or harmed by a zombie. This was explained way back in the beginning when Rick went back to Shane's shallow grave to kill him...again.

How about this one: Did you (asking Kirkman) ever think about having a female lead character instead of Rick? hm

Andrea and/or Michonne has had their spotlights from time to time...formidable for sure. I'm spotty on the new addition (I forgot her name--Rosia?).

How bout we shoot for 10 questions?

So, I count 3 so far...

1. My question is will we ever see characters pontificating on why the zombie outbreak happened? I could see some cults forming around certain ideas and it could be fun to see the characters guessing about the nature of the world, kind of like how lots of people have different theories about life in the real world but not everything is explained.

I think they are too busy trying to survive...that's my guess. The mullet guy seems to be in the know, but Kirkman always trys to play us. So I'm not buying his bs yet.

2. Will there truly be an explanation for what happened to cause the Dead to walk?

Kirkman says we will get closer to the truth on this...whatever that means.

3. Why if someone dies (a regular death) they come back as a Zombie?

They come back. They need not be bitten or harmed by a zombie. This was explained way back in the beginning when Rick went back to Shane's shallow grave to kill him...again.

How about this one: Did you (asking Kirkman) ever think about having a female lead character instead of Rick? hm

Andrea and/or Michonne has had their spotlights from time to time...formidable for sure. I'm spotty on the new addition (I forgot her name--Rosia?).

How bout we shoot for 10 questions?

Are there other towns, like the one the Mayor ran but safe?

Taking pointers from the movie 28 Days, are the zombies active all over the world or just certain countries?

Just a side questions, there's been so much going on, how much time has passed and how old is Carl now?

Someone mentioned in the letter pages in #59 about how all Zombie movies end with either all of the living dying or the military coming to rescue them.

My question (since I am in the military) is this: Why havent they seen any sort of military aircraft or personnel in the year that this has been going on?

I know Kirkman likes to keep it somewhat realistic and its impossible that the military would have been taken out, there are just too many installations that would be nearly impossible for the zombies to get into, not to mention an Abrams tank would squish thousands of zombies without even slowing down. Just my 4 cents.

There HAS to be military around. All we need to know is if they meet up with these characters. It looks like the military is "hunting" and "tracking" them on the upcoming teasers but you can't be certain. Could also be some weird group on individuals (cannibals or something) too.

We do not yet know exactly how all this started, so it is possible it started with the military and maybe wiped out much of the forces.