• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

I forgot about this movie but was with BAD movie thread going on in the General forum, i had to share this with you guys.

Night of the Day of the Dawn of the Son of the Bride of the Return of the Revenge of the Terror of the Attack of the Evil, Mutant, Hellbound, Flesh-Eating Subhumanoid Zombified Living Dead, Part 3 In Shocking 3D

if you havent seen it, do yourself a favor and WATCH IT NOW!!

The Walking Dead #60

Preview is up:

http://comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=2389&disp=table

:headbang:

Look very good! My comic guy told me to expect it on Weds. so, I will be hitting my LCS when it opens! :headbang:

I hate my LCS. I go in and get the best copy I can find of WD and that was no easy task since there seemed to be a lot of blemishes on the lower right hand side. Then I ask the guy behind the counter for a bag and board. I CAREFULLY place the comic in the board and then he grabs it, flips it in the air, rubs it on his chest and just generally molests the book before giving it back to me... I hate him.

Spoiler alert (even though there wasn't much going on)

Anywhey, I read it and it was kinda of a "set up" issue. Just helping move the plot along. It was ok but I was hoping for more. I was happy about Maggie "revelation" since she is one of my favorite characters. I also love me some Andrea and Dale and I think Dale has a very strong point. Rick does put them in danger too often! However, in this worl it would be hard to live without danger coming up on you constantly. If Andrea leaves with Dale at some point, that would be a big blow to the team.

I am anxiously waiting for the next issue! I remember getting frustrated with having to wait a month between issues on Preacher and I just stopped reading it until the last issue came out. Then I just read them all in like a day or two. I don't think I'd be able to quit WD though...

Since the breach at the prison, all issues have pretty much been set-ups. I was spoiled up until that point because I was reading them as the trades came out. Now that I'm buying them off the shelf, I'm starting to feel let down when I go through 5 issues of nothing.

Now, mind you, I understand that after the breach where every-friggin-body died, that they have a job ahead of them to get another climax started. However, there hasn't even been a notable roamer killing for a long time. The "heard" is danger, but it feels like something that's being handled at arms length, and there's no real danger. Everyone is able to keep away from them.

What I've enjoyed about the series so far is the fact that a) it's been handled as I feel it would be handled if this situation were real, and b) the fact that the characters, no matter how *important* we think they are, can be killed in a matter of a few panels.

If it doesn't pick up in another issue or two, I may forget it for about a year, then set aside an hour to read what I've missed in that time.

Don't get me wrong. I love the series and will continue to buy new issues to support it. But I may start letting them pile up for 10-12 months before reading them. The 5 minute fix every month is not enough. Especially when you're in the midst of a 6 issue set-up.

Don't get me wrong. I love the series and will continue to buy new issues to support it. But I may start letting them pile up for 10-12 months before reading them. The 5 minute fix every month is not enough. Especially when you're in the midst of a 6 issue set-up.

It was brutal when I switched to monthly as unfortunately I did it at the start of The Calm Before the Storm. That storyline dragged and then reading it an issue at a time made it worse. I jumped back onto TPB's one issue into the story line with the massacre, but I'm not going to lie. The long dragged out really took a lot out of the big pay off and by then I didn't really care. It may have been better to let them all accumulate and read them, as I was absolutely fixated on reading the first 6 TPBs all in one shot. But then again maybe the storyline really did just drag too long by that point.

So true, I never looked at it that way, "The 5 minute fix..."

So true, I never looked at it that way, "The 5 minute fix..."

I concur. I too picked up the first 8 tpb and it was great reading through them cuz the way they are set up you dont really know where one issue left off into the next. Hopefully starting in the next iss. we will find out who these "watches/stalkers" are..

WD garners a voter award! :banana:

From the latest Wizard mag:

jpdmq1.jpg

I finally read 60. Good stuff but yeah I agree another set up issue. But I get the feeling with 61 sheit will start hitting the fan again. I'm surprised no one has mentioned the cover of 61 yet. Looks like a new character, a priest no less. Looks like he’s just strolling through all the zombies protected by his faith?

I finally read 60. Good stuff but yeah I agree another set up issue. But I get the feeling with 61 sheit will start hitting the fan again. I'm surprised no one has mentioned the cover of 61 yet. Looks like a new character, a priest no less. Looks like he’s just strolling through all the zombies protected by his faith?

Yeah. That seems to work for people that jump over the wall of the lion exhibit at the zoo all the time, too. :screwy:

Yeah. That seems to work for people that jump over the wall of the lion exhibit at the zoo all the time, too. :screwy:

I don't understand your comment (shrug)