• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

This is OT for Walking Dead but kind of fun for zombie lovers. I have been dabbling a bit in collecting factory sealed video games and recently picked this one up.

Brings back fond video gaming memories. :cloud9:

ZombiesFront.jpg

ZombiesBack.jpg

And now back to our regularly scheduled program...

Is that game fun? what's it like? Is it s comedy (shaun of the dead) type thing or is it serious? (as serious as reanimated dead people can be...)

This is OT for Walking Dead but kind of fun for zombie lovers. I have been dabbling a bit in collecting factory sealed video games and recently picked this one up.

Brings back fond video gaming memories. :cloud9:

ZombiesFront.jpg

ZombiesBack.jpg

And now back to our regularly scheduled program...

Awesome pick-up Cristian!!!

I remember that game :cloud9:

Is that game fun? what's it like? Is it s comedy (shaun of the dead) type thing or is it serious? (as serious as reanimated dead people can be...)

It is a humorous take on the great 1950's & 60's low budget Monster/Horror Movies. It is fun but gets very difficult in later levels. I remember my buddy and I coming close to beating it but never quite finishing the game.

I could be way off, but I have a feeling now that Abe is setting them up some how.

Interesting... that would be a twist.

It did seem obvious the new preacher is the one setting them up for these new mystery villians. With him rather quickly learning about the group and their past.

Here's something I just wrote about the priest on the image message boards:

I am hoping that he the priest is not part of the hunter's group. I would love to see what the priest would do when he is forced to live in this new world. What are his explanations for the zombies? How will his faith be tested? This character has more potential for development than just about any other character in the series.

I could be way off, but I have a feeling now that Abe is setting them up some how.

It did seem obvious the new preacher is the one setting them up for these new mystery villians. With him rather quickly learning about the group and their past.

I am hoping that he the priest is not part of the hunter's group. I would love to see what the priest would do when he is forced to live in this new world. What are his explanations for the zombies? How will his faith be tested? This character has more potential for development than just about any other character in the series.

Until they off him without doing any of that.

Yeah I hope he get more into the priest. So far he's really just been glanced over. I want to see where he's living and how he's survived.

Yeah I hope he get more into the priest. So far he's really just been glanced over. I want to see where he's living and how he's survived.

I wanted Axel to be explored but he was just wasted. Meanwhile we were left with boring old Rick. zzz

+1 (thumbs u

Freaky. I didn't expect that from the twins. Heck, I never expected ANYTHING from the twins!!!! They were never fleshed out at ALL and they've been there forever. Something should be expected from Carl and that was interesting. Freaky actually... I wonder if Rick knows that Carl wasn't in the tent or if he's covering for him. hm

A preacher in Walking Dead?? He could become a very interesting character even though he's no Jesse Custer. :roflmao: Alright... Stoopid joke. :sorry:

Please use the spoiler tag in the future...for us poor souls who haven't read it yet.

Freaky. I didn't expect that from the twins. Heck, I never expected ANYTHING from the twins!!!! They were never fleshed out at ALL and they've been there forever. Something should be expected from Carl and that was interesting. Freaky actually... I wonder if Rick knows that Carl wasn't in the tent or if he's covering for him. hm

A preacher in Walking Dead?? He could become a very interesting character even though he's no Jesse Custer. :roflmao: Alright... Stoopid joke. :sorry:

Please use the spoiler tag in the future...for us poor souls who haven't read it yet.

I thought I was being vague! It's not like I explained that Ben gutted Billy. I sure as hell didn't mention that Carl then capped Ben! That would have been a spoiler!

Seriously, this is a WD "discussion" thread. I was just trying to promote a discussion. I don't go on the Goon or RASL threads because I am not caught up and I know there are bound to be spoilers.

Since the cat is out of the bag already, I won't spoiler tag my thoughts below.

I am generally displeased that Kirkman kept Billy and Ben around for this long time only to simply dispose of them.

I do however, like the message that it sent home:

1. The kids ARE being negatively impacted. This theme was started many issues ago when Carl started exhibiting passive behavior to the killing and the increasingly aggressive behavior, leading to his attempted rape. The kids behavior is just sending that message home.

2. It showed how different people react to the same situation. Carl is using his aggressive behavior to channel his issues to remain "sane"; whereas Ben suddenly snapped. Of course, we as the reader can only conclude to that fact because they have had no screen time and Kirkman doesn't do inner dialogue.

3. I forgot the names of the twin sisters that were killed by the inmate that later scarred Andrea...but I thought of them when Billy and Ben died. The sisters were victims as were Billy and Ben; only more sick and twisted.

4. After issue #6, it is clear to me that Carl's path will be violent one. It will be interesting to see how he progresses as a character...provided Kirkman just doesn't get rid of him.

In general, there have been opportunities for Kirkman to flesh out characters that he has missed. I hope he continues to "take chances" with his method of perspectives and story telling to do this...especially since the actual story line hasn't really progressed all that much since #48 (it seems like yesterday and it's already been 12 issues).

As a side note, I've noticed lots more cursing in the last few issues...which appear out of context with the characters built thus far. I'm ok with things changing and people changing, but it appears to be happening "across the board". I'm rationalizing that this is a very stressful time (yet when was it not) but it seems a bit out of place from where I sit.

A comment on Charlie's artwork...there are issues where every panel is supreme; early on a lot of it was more "rough"...in this issue I saw a good mix of the two...it was glaring to see many details missing on Andrea's face next to panels with great detail and angles.

I am generally displeased that Kirkman kept Billy and Ben around for this long time only to simply dispose of them.

1. The kids ARE being negatively impacted. This theme was started many issues ago when Carl started exhibiting passive behavior to the killing and the increasingly aggressive behavior, leading to his attempted rape. The kids behavior is just sending that message home.

2. It showed how different people react to the same situation. Carl is using his aggressive behavior to channel his issues to remain "sane"; whereas Ben suddenly snapped. Of course, we as the reader can only conclude to that fact because they have had no screen time and Kirkman doesn't do inner dialogue.

3. I forgot the names of the twin sisters that were killed by the inmate that later scarred Andrea...but I thought of them when Billy and Ben died. The sisters were victims as were Billy and Ben; only more sick and twisted.

4. After issue #6, it is clear to me that Carl's path will be violent one. It will be interesting to see how he progresses as a character...provided Kirkman just doesn't get rid of him.

In general, there have been opportunities for Kirkman to flesh out characters that he has missed. I hope he continues to "take chances" with his method of perspectives and story telling to do this...especially since the actual story line hasn't really progressed all that much since #48 (it seems like yesterday and it's already been 12 issues).

As a side note, I've noticed lots more cursing in the last few issues...which appear out of context with the characters built thus far. I'm ok with things changing and people changing, but it appears to be happening "across the board". I'm rationalizing that this is a very stressful time (yet when was it not) but it seems a bit out of place from where I sit.

A comment on Charlie's artwork...there are issues where every panel is supreme; early on a lot of it was more "rough"...in this issue I saw a good mix of the two...it was glaring to see many details missing on Andrea's face next to panels with great detail and angles.

I'm sure it's hard for Charlie to get a lot of detail drawing on 3x5 note cards. I wish he hadn't switched from 8.5x11, but the deadlines were looming

I don't think you can chalk it up to "how different people react to the same situation". Only because Carl has MUCH more of a father figure. An aggressive, take charge one at that. It's no wonder he's turning out the way he is.

2c

I don't think you can chalk it up to "how different people react to the same situation". Only because Carl has MUCH more of a father figure. An aggressive, take charge one at that. It's no wonder he's turning out the way he is.

2c

Oh I definitely agree with you...which obviously impacts how differently they both reacted to the situation.

On that note, are you saying that Andrea and Dale are bad parents? We've definitely seen Rick's parenting skills...not so much on the former.

I'm sure it's hard for Charlie to get a lot of detail drawing on 3x5 note cards. I wish he hadn't switched from 8.5x11, but the deadlines were looming

I didn't know...thanks for the info!

I am pleased that they've been ON TIME this year so far. I will give them props for that. I just don't want quality to suffer....

Pirate,

A comment that you made in this thread was brought to my attention, so I wanted to clarify things and set the record straight.

You had stated that: "I'm sure it's hard for Charlie to get a lot of detail drawing on 3x5 note cards. I wish he hadn't switched from 8.5x11, but the deadlines were looming"

To clarify, Charlie Adlard illustrates his Walking Dead interior art on 8 1/2 X 14" Image comic art boards. He has drawn this way since issue 37. Typically his covers are on 11 X 17" standard Image comic art boards, but he has never drawn published comic art on 3 X 5" note cards.

I am Charlie's original art dealer, and have corresponded with him today to verify that his methods have not changed since that last issue of originals that I have in my possession.

I am responding to this thread so that no collectors get incorrect information on how he is doing his originals.

In case anyone is interested in any of Charlie's art, I'd be happy to take care of them. Thanks

Mark Hay

Splash Page Comic Art

www.splashpageart.com

Charlie Adlard's Original Art Dealer

Do you think they will ever do a special all colour issue, I was hoping that issue 50 was going to have it as a wee treat, or even as another 'milk the money cow to cream' reissue the trades in colour. I'm quite sure they would sell. I'd buy them anyway.

Do you think they will ever do a special all colour issue, I was hoping that issue 50 was going to have it as a wee treat, or even as another 'milk the money cow to cream' reissue the trades in colour. I'm quite sure they would sell. I'd buy them anyway.

I believe that Robert Kirkman posted somewhere (either on his messageboard,

or in the letters column) that the series would NEVER have a colored issue.

To be honest, I'm fine with this...

I think the series works rather well in black and white :cloud9: