• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

A comment on Charlie's artwork...there are issues where every panel is supreme; early on a lot of it was more "rough"...in this issue I saw a good mix of the two...it was glaring to see many details missing on Andrea's face next to panels with great detail and angles.

I'm sure it's hard for Charlie to get a lot of detail drawing on 3x5 note cards. I wish he hadn't switched from 8.5x11, but the deadlines were looming

:roflmao:

Do you think they will ever do a special all colour issue, I was hoping that issue 50 was going to have it as a wee treat, or even as another 'milk the money cow to cream' reissue the trades in colour. I'm quite sure they would sell. I'd buy them anyway.

I believe that Robert Kirkman posted somewhere (either on his messageboard,

or in the letters column) that the series would NEVER have a colored issue.

To be honest, I'm fine with this...

I think the series works rather well in black and white :cloud9:

I agree. I did a double-take when I started the series, but it feels very natural doing it this way, and I think actually goes further than color ever could.

Do you think they will ever do a special all colour issue, I was hoping that issue 50 was going to have it as a wee treat, or even as another 'milk the money cow to cream' reissue the trades in colour. I'm quite sure they would sell. I'd buy them anyway.

I believe that Robert Kirkman posted somewhere (either on his messageboard,

or in the letters column) that the series would NEVER have a colored issue.

To be honest, I'm fine with this...

I think the series works rather well in black and white :cloud9:

I agree. I did a double-take when I started the series, but it feels very natural doing it this way, and I think actually goes further than color ever could.

Exactly (thumbs u

Carl's getting a little attitude! How much longer until he calls Rick a wuss?

i think it is destined that carl will be the one that kills rick. since kirkman has stated that the series will run as long as possible, i wonder how far in the future ultimately this documentary will go. carl in his teens, twenties? if he survives at all?

this is the book that i pick up every time. without this book i'd have a hard time being into comics as much as i am now (prior to, my interest was waning, until i picked up iss 3).

now with the immediate future and where it is going....

I wouldn't be surpised if the group of survivalists uses a man of the cloth (if he isn't just disguising himself) as bait. I'd like to know if it is a splinter group of (former) military after the collapse of society.

j

Yeah, for the series to grow, Rick needs to be taken off center stage for a while. I like him because he is imperfect and makes a lot of wrong decisions but he is getting a little stale. He could die. He could be ousted from the group. He could get lost. He could get taken again.

If Carl kills him, I would be surprised. Not shocked though. I just think that if Carl is going to assume a leadership position, he needs Rick around for at least 10 yrs. The kid needs some meds though.

Rick and the phone was very interesting and I wished they had explored that a little more. Stuff can still be done with him but you are right, he is getting stale.

I can totally see this point however Rick is the center of the story. It began with him and we rarely leave his viewpoint. Plenty of stuff still manages to happen around and without him.

Even though Rick has lost a lot, I'm sure Kirkman can come up with plenty of things to take away......think about it.

The one thing I've learned from this series is that no one is safe, including Rick.

:o

Subject: Glenn

Reasons He Might Live: I honestly can't think of one good reason for Glenn to live. Hmmm.

Reasons He Could Die: We've done a lot with Glenn over the years. He's been around since issue #2. Maybe it's his time.

Survival Odds: 20 to 1

Final Word: Glenn's a goner.

Reasons He Might Live: I honestly can't think of one good reason for Glenn to live. Hmmm.

Reasons He Could Die: We've done a lot with Glenn over the years. He's been around since issue #2. Maybe it's his time.

If that's true, there is going to be a riot!

That's what I'm thinking :popcorn:

That's what I'm thinking :popcorn:

I always thought of him and Maggie as the hope for humanity's future. I really want them to make it. Yeah, he's kind of p-whipped and he handled the whole thing at the Governor's place pretty poorly but I still don't want to see him go. I want to see SOME love and happiness in the book. SOME hope, at least.... Aw hell. There's no hope. He's a goner.

What was more disturbing is what they said about Andrea.....