• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Very interesting. But if DC is a safe haven, weird that the gang hasnt seen any planes/helo's etc all this time.

Just because there are survivors, doesn't mean there would be pilots that survived. Plus with as much of the population that would be killed through the "zombie plague", there would be a lot fewer laborers to keep up all of the technology.

I would say there would be enough pilots that survived that were either in secluded locations or just happened to be in the air when everything was going downhill. But of course we have to wait and see how its explained.

Very interesting. But if DC is a safe haven, weird that the gang hasnt seen any planes/helo's etc all this time.

Just because there are survivors, doesn't mean there would be pilots that survived. Plus with as much of the population that would be killed through the "zombie plague", there would be a lot fewer laborers to keep up all of the technology.

I would say there would be enough pilots that survived that were either in secluded locations or just happened to be in the air when everything was going downhill. But of course we have to wait and see how its explained.

Thats IF they ever do explain how this all started..

They should, they must, they will!!!!

Well I hope they do.

They should, they must, they will!!!!

Well I hope they do.

Me too, but much much later. To me that's part of what makes this series so good is that there isn't an explained reason. Adds to the tension.

I'm hoping it's not one of those trick covers and Rick is having a dream or something. :wishluck:

(thumbs u

I'm hoping it's not one of those trick covers and Rick is having a dream or something. :wishluck:

(thumbs u

Hey, its been awhile since he was on the phone.

Me too, but much much later. To me that's part of what makes this series so good is that there isn't an explained reason. Adds to the tension.

Agreed, I love that about this series :cloud9:

do you think that he built it up so much that it would be impossible to develop a cause for the virus that would be cool enough for the long time readers? especially after he revealed at the prison you come back once you die as long as your brain is intact?

i never want to know, my imagination won't let me down with the theories behind it.

j

do you think that he built it up so much that it would be impossible to develop a cause for the virus that would be cool enough for the long time readers? especially after he revealed at the prison you come back once you die as long as your brain is intact?

i never want to know, my imagination won't let me down with the theories behind it.

j

Yeah, you might be right.....and actually I agree, I never want to know the actual cause either. Seems like whatever the cause ends up being, it could be a let-down.

all the smart people i know eat hot pockets, he has not once said anything about trying to find any or what it was like in the old days being able to have a meal fit in your hand like hot pockets do.

so he is not that intelligent to be any type of scientist.

it is called the hot pocket theory

j

all the smart people i know eat hot pockets, he has not once said anything about trying to find any or what it was like in the old days being able to have a meal fit in your hand like hot pockets do.

j

:roflmao:

i just call them like i see them. I don't think Mr. Mullet will make it much longer anyway. %That would kill the already non-existant morale that most of the group has since his "story" is the only thing keeping some of them going.

so kirkman can kill him off any time now, really make the survivors question if it is worth being survivors.

j

j

^^

i am currently shopping around a study on the hot pockey theory, all indenpendent universities have declined stating that you have to be a real "scientist" with "credentials" and "sound scientific knowledge".

so i took it to the federal government and they gave me $2.7 billion dollars for the study.

j

j

Yeah, you might be right.....and actually I agree, I never want to know the actual cause either. Seems like whatever the cause ends up being, it could be a let-down.

Not me...I want to know the cause/where it came from/etc. Knowing it wont be a let down unless its absolutely stupid. If it were a government experiment gone wrong or something of the like or some meteor dust from outer space that contaminated the water that would be fine. But to never know what/how it all happened would leave an empty feeling in a great series, IMHO.

I don't think he should reveal the cause. Usually the reasons are cheesy.

This really isn't a book about Zombies anyway, it's about the characters and their struggles. The Zombies have always been in the background.

I'm going with dream for that cover, or another small community like Woodbury that's near DC. Not DC itself.

Edited by maloney414