• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Me too, but much much later. To me that's part of what makes this series so good is that there isn't an explained reason. Adds to the tension.

Agreed, I love that about this series :cloud9:

do you think that he built it up so much that it would be impossible to develop a cause for the virus that would be cool enough for the long time readers? especially after he revealed at the prison you come back once you die as long as your brain is intact?

i never want to know, my imagination won't let me down with the theories behind it.

j

Yeah, you might be right.....and actually I agree, I never want to know the actual cause either. Seems like whatever the cause ends up being, it could be a let-down.

Not me...I want to know the cause/where it came from/etc. Knowing it wont be a let down unless its absolutely stupid. If it were a government experiment gone wrong or something of the like or some meteor dust from outer space that contaminated the water that would be fine. But to never know what/how it all happened would leave an empty feeling in a great series, IMHO.

I think a good cause would be for some Al Qaeda types sneaking in some bio warfare plague into the US and releasing it in huge metropolitan areas.

There's only one zombie handbook for me!

4125B4ZVXHL._SL500_.jpg

Goes without saying....That book is required reading....Max Brooks is the man :headbang:

Edited by EvilAsh

There's only one zombie handbook for me!

4125B4ZVXHL._SL500_.jpg

Goes without saying....That book is required reading....Max Brooks is the man :headbang:

It was this book and World War Z that sparked my interest enough to pick up WD!

And Brooks is really funny guy too. When he was in town for a con last year, I got my set of these books signed and a set signed for a buddy. When Brooks asked me who the first set was too, I said "Joseph", so he signed it something like "Joseph, don't get bit, Max Brooks." When he asked me who to make the other set out to, me, not thinking said, "to me". He asked my name and then signed them "Always keep an eye out for the Zombies, to me (Jason), Max Brooks"

Needless to say, these occupy a reserved space on my bookshelf (thumbs u

speaking of books... hm

Late 2009 Early 2010 will bring Zombology III an anthology from LOTLD Press :applause: .

just so happens to have a story by Jay Franklin, who goes by the name Junkenstein99. The publisher has fooled the writer :o into believing he may have a career in writing by paying him to write the story.

The Filthy Rotten is my debut print story, that takes the zombie mythos and mixes it up a bit. The story follows a survivor who thinks that salvation lies in Dover, Delaware.

This is just one story within my zombie universe. I will be submitting a few other "traditional" zombie stories and a novel within the next few months hoping that a publisher will pick those up as well.

So not asking anyone to buy the book, but if you like zombies, this is as good an anothology you will find. The first volume is available now, volume II will be released to coincide with "Horror Realm" (formerly the zombie expo in monroeville). Leaving my story for later this year.

I will have contributor copies available close to the release date that I will probably sell for my cost. so if anyone would want one. i'll hook you up.

just thought i'd post it here since, well, i'm a zomboid and this is probably the most fitting arena for it.

j

oh yeah, any artists who are looking for work, the publisher is always looking for good cover artists, and i may need to utilize someone for print plates in between chapters of my novel :baiting: .

Edited by Junkenstein99

just so happens to have a story by Jay Franklin, who goes by the name Junkenstein99. The publisher has fooled the writer :o into believing he may have a career in writing by paying him to write the story

:applause:

thanks guys.

i'm hoping that this leads to much bigger things in the future.

i just want to get to the point of being a respected writer like kirkman (without the superhero credits though, i'm nothing but horror).

and ish 64 looks kick !

kind of reminds me of a story i read that will have it's adaptation released later this year, the movies name rhymes with nah toad.

j