• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

A while back there was a thread about recommendations for people who like Zombie books like "The Walking Dead." In that thread a book called CROSSED by Garth Ennis was mentioned (put out by Avatar Comics).

I tracked them down and love it. I bring it up here because if you liked the "Fear the Hunters" storyarc, Crossed #3 is VERY similar! The theme and the ending.

Edited by maloney414

sometimes it's fun to go back and see what people were saying about the book not long after it came out. i found this post from 2004.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=17&Number=466175&Searchpage=5&Main=25594&Words=walking+dead&topic=0&Search=true#Post466175

Edited by Hawkman

sometimes it's fun to go back and see what people were saying about the book not long after it came out. i found this post from 2004.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=17&Number=466175&Searchpage=5&Main=25594&Words=walking+dead&topic=0&Search=true#Post466175

I stand by my comments from back then, this book is awesome. It just gets better and better.

WOW :o

Walking Dead fans would probably be interested in this news :whee:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2009/oct/01/george-a-romero-zombie-novel

Cult director George A Romero to pen zombie foundation myth

Director of zombie classic Night of the Living Dead receives a rumoured $300,000 advance for debut novel

The zombie invasion of the literary world has stepped up a pace with cult zombie film director George A Romero signed up to write his debut novel, The Living Dead, which will reveal "the origin of the zombie realm".

The book will, according to its UK publisher Headline, see the founder of modern zombie culture tell "the full story behind the living dead: how they came to be [and] what they can and cannot do". It starts in San Diego, where a corpse sits up and begins to walk during an autopsy, while a reporter from Atlanta shows viewers "glimpses of

increasing chaos from around the globe". Headline is believed to have paid a $300,000 advance to Romero for the book and a sequel, although the publisher would not comment on the amount.

Publisher Vicki Mellor said that zombies were "one of the new buzz words in publishing". "I think that the world is ready to re-embrace the zombie culture - after the massive amount of vampire novels that have been published, it's time for a change of antagonist," she said. "We are very aware that there is going to be an explosion of zombie novels being published over the next year, but we absolutely believe that we have the definitive novel from the one author whom every fan of the genre will want to read."

Romero's classic film Night of the Living Dead was released in 1968. He has followed this with five sequels combining horror with social satire, most recently Survival of the Dead, which was screened at last month's Venice film festival.

"There is no one more qualified to write a zombie novel," said Mellor, who pointed to the success of the films Shaun of the Dead, I Am Legend and 28 Days Later, and the runaway bestselling book Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, as proof that the genre "has legs". "You just have to look on the internet and around the world at the enthusiasm with which Romero, and zombies, are greeted, to see that there's a huge amount of potential for these books," she said. The Living Dead will be published in July next year.

thank god i only paid $1.50 for this a few weeks ago...

th_agents6.jpg

ahead of the curve for once....

seriously. i paid 2.98 for mine. bought a second copy for 1.98. still should be bale to find some in bargain bins.

i thought someone paying $12 was a lot. now it's going for $20

I listed it at $12 here and within 5 minutes had 2 people take it (one via PM). I thought it's something that many aren't aware of and it's showing now that the price is selling at $20. Someone needs to list the Capes #1 to let those not reading the Modern section know about it.

i thought someone paying $12 was a lot. now it's going for $20

I listed it at $12 here and within 5 minutes had 2 people take it (one via PM). I thought it's something that many aren't aware of and it's showing now that the price is selling at $20. Someone needs to list the Capes #1 to let those not reading the Modern section know about it.

SHHHHH. lol

Edited by Hawkman

i think it will probably come down to the $6-8 range long term.

it is a preview after all.

I actually sold 6 of them for $20 so far. One on ebay did $30 a couple of days ago and no one really even knows about it yet. If Chew previews can sell for $15-$25 per (which is insane) than a Walking Dead preview (with a printrun of about 10% of the chew preview) should be worth a lot more. That is my take on it and I think once the general public gets wind of it the book will go up to loftier heights.