• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Ok, so here is something different for this thread that some of you may find interesting. It's not a comic book, but it's Walking Dead related.

I also collect G.I. Joe 3 3/4 figures and have always found customized toys to be pretty cool. I've never actually bought a customized figure before, but I often search for them on eBay to admire others work.

note: a customized figure is a toy you make yourself from parts of existing toys. Usually, people will make characters that don't already have a toy line. You usually have to remodel them various ways either with sandpaper or modeling clay, and then repaint them.

So this past week I decided to give it a try and actually make a customized figure myself. Bear in mind I've never actually tried to make a formal customized figure until this past week, so this was my rookie attempt.

I decided to make The Governor of Woodbury!!!

But as I was planning the figure, I couldn't decide which type of Governor to make. The early version of him, or the 1 arm version that attacks the prison.

So I made both. :headbang:

Believe it or not, the 1st figure came from 6 different existing figures and the 2nd figure came from 7 different figures.

At 1st I thought they were cheesy, but they are growing on me and now I think they are really cool. :whee:

Here are some pictures:

Gov1Carded.jpg

Gov1.jpg

Gov2Carded.jpg

Gov2.jpg

sweeeet!

:applause:

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/Image-Firsts-Dollar-Issues-100113.html

imagefirsts-wdead_02.jpg

Very interesting!

This March and April, in the 5 weeks leading to Free Comic Book Day 2010, Image will be re-releasing ten of their biggest #1s at only one dollar an issue.

Well-established books like Invincible, Savage Dragon, and Spawn (in case you can't find one of the 1.7 million copies originally printed) are joined by newer books like Proof and CHEW in the initiative. In a press release about the program, Image Comics Publisher Eric Stephenson explained, "As discussions for Free Comic Book Day began, many of our retail partners brought up how helpful it would be to have additional, inexpensive supplements to our featured title, Silverline's FRACTURED FABLES, as a way of bringing in an even wider range of fans."

Each week, from March 31, 2010 through April 28, 2010, two of the #1s will be released along with other comics on wednesdays. All ten will appear in the February issue of Diamond Comics Distributors' Previews.

All of the titles, plus the dates in which they'll appear, are listed below:

IMAGE FIRSTS: YOUNGBLOOD #1

story ROB LIEFELD & JOE CASEY

art & cover ROB LIEFELD

MARCH 31

32 PAGES / FC

$1.00

The original celebrity superheroes make their debut in this remastered tale by Rob Liefeld and Joe Casey.

IMAGE FIRSTS: THE WALKING DEAD #1

story ROBERT KIRKMAN

art & cover TONY MOORE

MARCH 31

32 PAGES / BW

$1.00

A continuing tale of survival horror in a post-apocalyptic world.

IMAGE FIRSTS: SPAWN #1

story TODD McFARLANE

art & cover TODD McFARLANE

APRIL 7

32 PAGES / FC

$1.00

Todd McFarlane's arcane superhero discovers the truth behind his unholy resurrection.

IMAGE FIRSTS: CHEW #1

story JOHN LAYMAN

art & cover ROB GUILLORY

APRIL 7

32 PAGES / FC

$1.00

Bizarre culinary crimes investigated by the FDA's premier psychic detective.

IMAGE FIRSTS: SAVAGE DRAGON #1

story ERIK LARSEN

art & cover ERIK LARSEN

APRIL 14

32 PAGES / FC

$1.00

A lone supercop fights against a city of organized supercrime.

IMAGE FIRSTS: AGE OF BRONZE #1

story ERIC SHANOWER

art & cover ERIC SHANOWER

APRIL 14

32 PAGES / BW

$1.00

Eric Shanower's epic retelling of the Trojan War.

IMAGE FIRSTS: WITCHBLADE #1

story DAVID WOHL & CHRISTINA Z

art & cover MICHAEL TURNER

APRIL 21

32 PAGES / FC

$1.00

The only weapon powerful enough to keep the forces of Darkness and Light at bay is in the hands of a New York cop.

IMAGE FIRSTS: GIRLS #1

story JOSHUA LUNA

art & cover JONATHAN LUNA

APRIL 21

32 PAGES / FC

$1.00

A small town trapped in an invisible dome becomes the epicenter of an alien invasion unlike any other.

IMAGE FIRSTS: INVINCIBLE #1

story ROBERT KIRKMAN

art & cover CORY WALKER

APRIL 28

32 PAGES / FC

$1.00

When a teenager inherits his father's superpowers, he learns there's much more to being a superhero than he ever anticipated.

IMAGE FIRSTS: PROOF #1

story ALEX GRECIAN

art & cover RILEY ROSSMO

APRIL 28

32 PAGES / FC

$1.00

This March and April, in the 5 weeks leading to Free Comic Book Day 2010, Image will be re-releasing ten of their biggest #1s at only one dollar an issue.

Well-established books like Invincible, Savage Dragon, and Spawn (in case you can't find one of the 1.7 million copies originally printed) are joined by newer books like Proof and CHEW in the initiative. In a press release about the program, Image Comics Publisher Eric Stephenson explained, "As discussions for Free Comic Book Day began, many of our retail partners brought up how helpful it would be to have additional, inexpensive supplements to our featured title, Silverline's FRACTURED FABLES, as a way of bringing in an even wider range of fans."

Each week, from March 31, 2010 through April 28, 2010, two of the #1s will be released along with other comics on wednesdays. All ten will appear in the February issue of Diamond Comics Distributors' Previews.

art & cover ROB LIEFELD

MARCH 31

32 PAGES / FC

$1.00

The original celebrity superheroes make their debut in this remastered tale by Rob Liefeld and Joe Casey.

story ROBERT KIRKMAN

art & cover TONY MOORE

MARCH 31

32 PAGES / BW

$1.00

story JOHN LAYMAN

art & cover ROB GUILLORY

APRIL 7

32 PAGES / FC

$1.00

story ROBERT KIRKMAN

art & cover CORY WALKER

APRIL 28

32 PAGES / FC

$1.00

When a teenager inherits his father's superpowers, he learns there's much more to being a superhero than he ever anticipated.

story ALEX GRECIAN

art & cover RILEY ROSSMO

APRIL 28

32 PAGES / FC

$1.00

w00t! more cheapie book variants!

wait a minute....can't you get the savage dragon #1 in the .10 bins for a nickel?

Since Invincible has been mentioned in here today, let me squeeze in a quick thank you to my buddy itssmeeeeee (Baoky), for sending me the first 3 TPBs to read. I know he'll see it if I put it here :)

I <3 you Baoky!

Since Invincible has been mentioned in here today, let me squeeze in a quick thank you to my buddy itssmeeeeee (Baoky), for sending me the first 3 TPBs to read. I know he'll see it if I put it here :)

I <3 you Baoky!

:whee:lol you know me so well...

imagefirsts-wdead_02.jpg

Very interesting!

art & cover ROB LIEFELD

MARCH 31

32 PAGES / FC

$1.00

story ROBERT KIRKMAN

art & cover TONY MOORE

MARCH 31

32 PAGES / BW

$1.00

story TODD McFARLANE

APRIL 7

32 PAGES / FC

$1.00

Todd McFarlane's arcane superhero discovers the truth behind his unholy resurrection.

story JOHN LAYMAN

art & cover ROB GUILLORY

APRIL 7

32 PAGES / FC

$1.00

IMAGE FIRSTS: SAVAGE DRAGON #1

story ERIK LARSEN

art & cover ERIK LARSEN

APRIL 14

32 PAGES / FC

$1.00

A lone supercop fights against a city of organized supercrime.

IMAGE FIRSTS: AGE OF BRONZE #1

story ERIC SHANOWER

art & cover ERIC SHANOWER

APRIL 14

32 PAGES / BW

$1.00

Eric Shanower's epic retelling of the Trojan War.

IMAGE FIRSTS: WITCHBLADE #1

story DAVID WOHL & CHRISTINA Z

art & cover MICHAEL TURNER

APRIL 21

32 PAGES / FC

$1.00

The only weapon powerful enough to keep the forces of Darkness and Light at bay is in the hands of a New York cop.

IMAGE FIRSTS: GIRLS #1

story JOSHUA LUNA

art & cover JONATHAN LUNA

APRIL 21

32 PAGES / FC

$1.00

A small town trapped in an invisible dome becomes the epicenter of an alien invasion unlike any other.

story ROBERT KIRKMAN

art & cover CORY WALKER

APRIL 28

32 PAGES / FC

$1.00

story ALEX GRECIAN

art & cover RILEY ROSSMO

APRIL 28

32 PAGES / FC

$1.00

:takeit:

imagefirsts-wdead_02.jpg

Very interesting!

story TODD McFARLANE

APRIL 7

32 PAGES / FC

$1.00

spawn #1 for a $1??? that's still .50 more than i can get an original copy for.

Edited by Hawkman

Thanks guys, I love that story arc so I thought those books were pretty cool.

I am torn right now b/c I'm trying to decide what I want my next purchase to be. I'm looking at a piece of Chew OA, or trying to hunt down a Tony Moore SS and sketched book. I promised my husband I wouldn't get both right now.

Thoughts? Since most of you love both, like I do? I have to admit I'm leaning towards the Moore sketch. At first I was sold on the idea of Chew OA, and I still really want a piece, but then I started thinking about how the only thing I really *need* is a Moore sketch.

:gossip: I hear Steve has the best Tony Moore sketched Walking Dead book.

:sumo:

That has been viewed by the general public... :ohnoez:

Wow, Nice one Kathryn :applause: How did you swing it, I thought you were only allowed to get one and you already brought the Chew OA (thumbs u

Making me very jelous at the moment as I want both and can afford niether at the moment (shrug)

Par2ch hm

Undermining my Ebay bid? (shrug)

Clever boys ;)

Gary - I was only supposed to get one....I got tired of passing up Moore sketches though, had to get one when it came up. So now any large purchases are off limits for me for a looong time. But I feel pretty satisfied with what I have. My Chew OA just shipped yesterday, it's coming UPS ground so it will be about a week still.

I can show a pic of the sketched book I'm getting, even though it seems some of you are familiar with it already lol

I don't have one of the Chew OA. I just looked in my Chew books from the list of available art and chose a page. I'll surprise you guys with it in the Chew thread when it comes next Friday.