• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280458745526&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Looking good for us fellow #1 9.8 club members (thumbs u

this could be a short run up because of the new animated series coming soon.

It's going to be live action, not animated. But yes, I agree with the aggressive prices due to the hype from the upcoming AMC series!

Pilot shoots in May

In Hollywood, nothing is official until the audience is sitting in front of the screen, but getting a TV pilot underway is possibly the biggest step towards getting story out there short of official release. And today, word came out that the cameras will roll on AMC's planned adaptation of "The Walking Dead" from Robert Kirkman and Image Comics.

Horror news source Bloody Disgusting is reporting that writer-director Frank Darabont's pilot for a proposed "Walking Dead" TV series will begin filming in May in Atlanta, Georgia. Focusing on the years-long survival story of southern sheriff Rick Grimes in the fact of a devastating zombie plague, the comic book was long-cited by fans as a prime example of a "would work better as a TV show than as a movie" wishlist item.

With only a few short months until filming begins, it only reasons that casting announcements for the potential series will spring up soon, something Kirkman himself professed excitement for in a September interview with CBR, saying, "I'm excited about the casting and I'm excited about being able to watch the show. I'm excited about everything, but it's kind of odd… my dad sent me an e-mail and he goes, "Congratulations about the TV show." I never thought I'd get that e-mail from my dad – it's kind of bizarre. It's kind of a whole surreal thing."

Look for more news on the "Walking Dead" pilot and possible fully-fledged series as it becomes available right here on CBR

Edited by Fastballspecial

anybody been buying any OA from this series lately? I haven't seen much pop up on CAF.

I'm not sure how much of the recent OA has been selling. I'm actually a fan of Adlard's art in the series, but even I have hard time with his rep's pricing. Couple that with the fact that Adlard is working on smaller paper these days, and I'm not really surprised that not a lot is showing up on CAF.