• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

ive also gotta mention Adlard's art when he started was imo substandard, especially following after one of the all time greats, Moore. im happy to say though you can really see the improvement in his work from issue to issue...

personally, i've always enjoyed adlard's interiors more than moore's. toni moore, though, did WAYYYYY better covers. when i went back and re-read the early issues, it struck me how different the artwork was, and i realized that while i like toni's interiors, i much prefer adlard's interiors. on the flip side, while i like adlard's covers, he has yet to match any of toni's covers (1-24), with the exception of maybe #36. #48 was nice, but toni already did that better with #6.

It's hard for me not to feel like Moore is "the man" on this book, if only since he was there from the start. It's probably not fair to feel that way, since Adlard has done so much more work on the series as a whole. I agree that Tony's covers are better overall, but Adlard has done a few covers that I love. I do love Adlard's interior work - so clearly I like them both.

From a collecting standpoint, I gravitate towards Moore sigs and sketches (only on books, I don't have full size Moore sketches in my collection,) and just don't feel the same pull with Adlard. I mean I do have several Adlard sigs and one zombie sketched book, but I don't feel that same drive to get ahold of his work that I do with Moore. I can't really explain why any more than to say - personal preference.

Edited by Kathryn

Re-read my last post and I don't like how it sounds unappreciative of Adlard. so let me say for the record I love his work on WD :)

didn't sound that way atall...im appreciative of his work, definatly...it's just looking/ reading back you can see how much he's improved. 2c

Re-read my last post and I don't like how it sounds unappreciative of Adlard. so let me say for the record I love his work on WD :)

didn't sound that way atall...im appreciative of his work, definatly...it's just looking/ reading back you can see how much he's improved. 2c

That's good. Sometimes I imagine if the writers/artists saw our posts - how would they feel? And I would hate to think I ever came off as unappreciative of their work, especially since WD is my favorite.

That's good. Sometimes I imagine if the writers/artists saw our posts - how would they feel? And I would hate to think I ever came off as unappreciative of their work, especially since WD is my favorite.

as long as it was constructive critizism, id hope they'd use it to become better artist/ writers....in Adlards case as you read from issue to issue you can see him improve gradually...

easy then...your offered a piece of More WD art and Adlard WD art...which do you choose?

Already got the Charlie art :cloud9:

CharlieAdlardSketch.jpg

(worship):applause: but still no Moore WD sketch IMO.

gav, where he do that commision for you?

Bristol Comic Con (thumbs u

Rathburn :sumo:

lol

Gav and Gary love Charlie since they're all "neighbours" over there. Did I spell that right?

ha, i don't think they're quite neighbours...i think Gav first met Adlard when he served him with a restraining order...

and for the record, ive owned Adlard WD OA and loved it....still prefer Moore though. 2c

easy then...your offered a piece of More WD art and Adlard WD art...which do you choose?

depends. if it's a choice of covers, moore all the way. if it's interiors, of course i'll take early issues first, which just happen to be moore. but i'd rather have issue #19 interiors than almost any moore interiors.

depends. if it's a choice of covers, moore all the way. if it's interiors, of course i'll take early issues first, which just happen to be moore. but i'd rather have issue #19 interiors than almost any moore interiors.

is that the one where Michonne arrives/ Dexter gets shot in the head?