• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Nope. You are definitely off track. Davidson is not the Governor of Woodbury. See below.

He died in issue #48. It wasn't off panel. He was shot in the head from behind and it blew his other eyeball out. Then he was kicked into the zombies and they started eating him. (thumbs u

WD-019.jpg

Edited by maloney414

I like Adlard's interior work better than Moore's. It has a darker tone that better fits the series. Moore's interiors were sometimes cartoony.

However, Tony Moore's covers have always been superior in my opinion. 2c

Not entirely, he could have settled in Woodbury for his "Gubernatorial term" after roaming abroad.

bingo, I dont think anyone is thinking the Governor is coming back (be mighty tough lol).

Not entirely, he could have settled in Woodbury for his "Gubernatorial term" after roaming abroad.

bingo, I dont think anyone is thinking the Governor is coming back (be mighty tough lol).

Don't overlook that there may be more than one Gov'na.

He has the tell tale fashion accessory that's a dead giveaway that there is a twin out there somewhere.

THE EYE PATCH. :o

ds_05091_03_car_v6.jpg

Yeah I don't think so either I'm saying he WAS there before they managed to kick him out & moved to where ever ... with his run in with rick!

I hope he isn't Davidson. In issue 29, the doctor says that The Governor was in the group early on after this all started and in issue 73, the guy who is out with Abraham tells him that he will find who Davidson is. It would seem too coincidental and inconsistent if the Gov was Davidson.

As already said, I believe Tony Moore did some great work with the early covers but I actually prefer Adlards inner pages. It suits the story and gives the books a feel that Moore couldnt get, there is just something authentic and real about Adlards art. I always felt Moore's work was a little more like caricatures than real people. Looked awesome and I would have loved him to have continued with the series. Although not as pretty as Moores, Adlard's art really works with the book 2c

Moore is an amazing artist, I would love to see him do more horror related comics. Adlard art for the Walking Dead right now fits perfectly. But if you had a choice of another artist for the series, who would it be?

Rob Liefeld. Have you seen Headpool? Man, now that guy can draw a zombie!

I don't care what people say about Rob Liefeld, the man drew some of the hottest characters of the 90s when most of us were first starting out on comics. Cable, Stryfe, Deadpool, and all of X-Force!

So with his recent work on Deadpool Corps I'd say he is unequivocably ready for Walking Dead.

Am I wrong?

:baiting:

Oh and before I forget...

:jokealert: