• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

I wonder if Tony Moore had any idea how big this book was gonna get when he left, wonder if he's kicking himself now especially with the TV show starting soon.

p.s. I know no one will respond to my post as I'm not part of the super cool WD club here on the boards. That's ok, I'm just thinking out loud. Carry on.

I was totally thinking this when I read the Charlie Adlard interview this morning.

p.s. :foryou:

lol Thanks for the flowers.

Lets hope he's fine with it. What book is he drawing now? I know he was or is still doing Fear Agents.

I wonder if Tony Moore had any idea how big this book was gonna get when he left, wonder if he's kicking himself now especially with the TV show starting soon.

p.s. I know no one will respond to my post as I'm not part of the super cool WD club here on the boards. That's ok, I'm just thinking out loud. Carry on.

I was totally thinking this when I read the Charlie Adlard interview this morning.

p.s. :foryou:

lol Thanks for the flowers.

Lets hope he's fine with it. What book is he drawing now? I know he was or is still doing Fear Agents.

And he did the "Frankencastle" Punisher stuff for Marvel :headbang:

OK. I got caught up on 73 and 74 last night. Who else is ready for the shizzy to hit the fan!!!!!

:acclaim: ME!!

I think #75 will end with a cliffhanger and #76 will be where all :censored: breaks loose. hm

I think #75 will end Rick waking up, hearing someone in the shower, going into the bathroom and finding Lori alive, he still has his right hand, and it was all a terrible dream. The bathroom mirror will be steamed over with a message scrawled on it: GOTCHA!!! , Love Robert

:whistle:

:devil:

I think #75 will end Rick waking up, hearing someone in the shower, going into the bathroom and finding Lori alive, he still has his right hand, and it was all a terrible dream. The bathroom mirror will be steamed over with a message scrawled on it: GOTCHA!!! , Love Robert

Then zombie Bobby Ewing bites Lori, gets shot by Carl and we're off . . .

wonder what the Vegas odds are that Carl ends up killing everybody hm

He could kill everyone and then turn into Galactus. He already has the giant head . . .

He could kill everyone and then turn into Galactus. He already has the giant head . . .

Nah, he'll just find a black t-shirt with a white skull printed on the front and decide to "punish" the zombies for killing his loved ones :D

I'm right on the brink of selling my WD lot from #5 through #73 on eBay with a couple of enquiries pending (I really hope that doesn't offend Mr Kirkman :eek: ), and although I really need the cash at the moment, I'm gonna miss those damn books.

I swore I'd only buy the compendiums and I've steered well clear of this thread, but it's like a car crash, you've got to take a look. And now the addiction I've worked so hard to ignore is kicking back in again :cry:

The Walking Dead crash is finally here...

sexynews.jpg

Comichron has just corrected it's sales data of The Walking Dead from issue #70. It is now back down from 40,000 copies to around to an average print run of 25,000 issues ordered with an estimated 25,645 copies for #73 alone.

TV UPDATE:

Only in our dreams could Frank Darabont write and direct every last episode of the Walking Dead TV series. Such are the demands of producing serial TV in the US that no show can really be the work of one writer-director. So who are his deputies?

Here’s the talent roster, which is just as Darabont supplied it to Herc at Aint It Cool, which means “Me” reads “Frank Darabont”:

1) Me.

2) Michelle MacLaren (Breaking Bad, X-Files)

3) Gwyneth Horder-Payton (The Shield, BSG)

4) Johan Renck (Breaking Bad)

5) Ernest Dickerson (The Wire, Dexter)

6) Guy Ferland (The Shield, Sons of Anarchy)

The writers for the first six are:

1) Me

2) Me

3) Me, Chic Eglee, Jack LoGuidice. (Chic: The Shield, Dexter. Jack: Sons of Anarchy)

4) Robert Kirkman (wrote some comics I think)

5) Glen Mazzara (The Shield, Hawthorne)

6) Adam Fierro (The Shield, Dexter, 24)

Here are additional notes on some of the talent, just to remind you of some of their other credits:

■Renck has directed a series of interesting music videos and the feature film Downloading Nancy.

■Ernest Dickerson was a cinemtatographer on several Spike Lee pictures who later directed a few feature films, some of them in the horror genre, and a lot of TV, including several episodes in multiple seasons of The Wire; for his sins.

■Guy Ferland’s best-known movie was Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights.

Note that Robert Kirkman, the creator of the original Walking Dead comics, has scripted the fourth episode. That’s going to generate a great deal of discussion, I bet

TV UPDATE:

Only in our dreams could Frank Darabont write and direct every last episode of the Walking Dead TV series. Such are the demands of producing serial TV in the US that no show can really be the work of one writer-director. So who are his deputies?

Here’s the talent roster, which is just as Darabont supplied it to Herc at Aint It Cool, which means “Me” reads “Frank Darabont”:

1) Me.

2) Michelle MacLaren (Breaking Bad, X-Files)

3) Gwyneth Horder-Payton (The Shield, BSG)

4) Johan Renck (Breaking Bad)

5) Ernest Dickerson (The Wire, Dexter)

6) Guy Ferland (The Shield, Sons of Anarchy)

The writers for the first six are:

1) Me

2) Me

3) Me, Chic Eglee, Jack LoGuidice. (Chic: The Shield, Dexter. Jack: Sons of Anarchy)

4) Robert Kirkman (wrote some comics I think)

5) Glen Mazzara (The Shield, Hawthorne)

6) Adam Fierro (The Shield, Dexter, 24)

Here are additional notes on some of the talent, just to remind you of some of their other credits:

■Renck has directed a series of interesting music videos and the feature film Downloading Nancy.

■Ernest Dickerson was a cinemtatographer on several Spike Lee pictures who later directed a few feature films, some of them in the horror genre, and a lot of TV, including several episodes in multiple seasons of The Wire; for his sins.

■Guy Ferland’s best-known movie was Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights.

Note that Robert Kirkman, the creator of the original Walking Dead comics, has scripted the fourth episode. That’s going to generate a great deal of discussion, I bet

beat me to it. but the link has some pics from the show.

http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/node/45801

whats up with the pic with Rick in the tank?

been a while since I read the early issues but I thought the first tank was at the national guard armory. that would be to late in the story to be in the first season of the show right?

or maybe an abandoned tank in atlanta I guess is possible since they mentioned military presence in the big cities. (shrug)