• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Here we go:

WD #8 Moore sketch!

It was up before, but now it's at auction and not a fixed price. I will be interested to see what it sells for.

hm:shy:

beware, i've heard this seller is so "evil" that he might burn the book to "ash," and send it that way.

Dammit...and he took the COOLEST Ebay name ever "SPAWN BATMAN"

Thank goodness he didn't take my number 2 choice as well, the 2nd best series of the 90's....

spawn-wildcats.jpg

Isn't that the same guy that bought one of those ugly WD 75 sketch covers?

Hi everybody. This is quite a thread, whew.....

I havn't read a modern (regularly anyways) since Mark Schultz' Xenozoic Tales or Dean Motters Mr. X or Terminal City so I know I'm waaaay out of the loop, but I was in Portland yesterday, dropping Mrs. Senormac off at the airport, and had a few hours to kill before meeting my daughter at the Horse Brass.........so I ventured into Excalibur Comics on Hawthorne .

I didn't really see anything I wanted, but asked the guy there, Peter I think his name was......what was a good read right now. What was "hot" or popular and he suggested ....The Walking Dead. I was gonna just buy the newest issue....but he was sold out and said I really should start at the begining of the series to know what was going on. So he went over to one of the many many boxes and pulled out a copy which reprinted the 1st issue and also had the scripts typed out on some pages so you could read what Kirkman wrote. It was like $4 ...... so ok, I bought it.

You know what .....?? I REALLY liked it !! and started thinking about tracking down the whole series, which I guess is on issue 70 something now .....but HOLY CARP issue #1 is going for $200 plus !! :o Then I started seeing all these different kinds of reprints and stuff. 2nd editions .....TPB's .... etc. One auction I was just checking the guy wanted $1000 BIN for the whole set !! Do alot of you here have the first issue ??

I read one place that said that this title barely printed enough issues of #1 to supply Joes comic store on main street, much less the whole country ?? Its gotta be a supply and demand thing . Anyways, I think I am about to become a "Modern issue reader again" lol

I wanted to add .... for a supposedly super rare book.....there are currently 9 copies of issue #1 for sale on the bay (shrug)

It is not super rare. But demand far outstrips supply and it is hard not to go ahead and cash out at the kind of bread that the #1s are bringing. I started reading the series at #6 or #7 I can't even remember, and still don't have the earlier floppies. I bought 6 or 7 (and read it), then the rest off the stands and waited until the 1st trade was published to read them and get caught up. Consistently one of the best 3 or 4 books I read each month. Come on in, the water is warm and full of zombies!

Its funny, cuz I'm not really a zombie guy or a horror guy but I really liked the movie Shawn of the Dead......so I now have some tollerance for them I guess hm

I was noticing .....while checking on #1 issues.... that there is more than one for sale in Brittain.... which kind of surprised me. Here we have this book that doesn't have enough issues to go around, and yet .... England seems to have a bunch.

Its funny, cuz I'm not really a zombie guy or a horror guy but I really liked the movie Shawn of the Dead......so I now have some tollerance for them I guess hm

Not sure if you know but that guy wrote into the comic one time to tell kirkman he enjoyed his book :headbang:

Welcome to the addiction Senor :insane:

TWD is the comic book series that got me back into collecting comics. I picked up the first 4 tpb's from Amazon about a year and half ago and read them all in like 3 nights lol I have since caught up and am now having my LCS pull the book for me monthly. It is the first book I read as soon as I get home.Currently we are at issue #75. Like many have said in this thread this series is consistently good. I have even got my brother hooked on this series and he isn't even a comic book guy, though he is a horror fanatic...

Alas I am not a member of the TWD #1 club :cry:

Someday :wishluck: