• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Can't wait for this :headbang:

The Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor

Release Date - September 27th 2011

ISBN: 0312547730

Hardcover

320 pages

0312547730.01-1.MAIN._SX300_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Following in the footsteps of the New York Times bestselling graphic novels and the record-breaking new television show, this debut novel in a trilogy of original Walking Dead books chronicles the back story of the comic book series greatest villain, The Governor In The Walking Dead universe, there is no greater villain than The Governor.

The despot who runs the walled-off town of Woodbury, he has his own sick sense of justice: whether it’s forcing prisoners to battle zombies in an arena for the townspeople’s amusement, or chopping off the appendages of those who cross him.

The Governor was voted “Villain of the Year” by Wizard Magazine the year he debuted, and his story arc was the most controversial arc in the history of The Walking Dead comic book series.

Now, for the first time, fans of The Walking Dead will discover how The Governor became the man he is, and what drove him to such extremes.

Looks awesome. I was hoping for more of a back story. Maybe one of Michonne too.

+1

She kind of gave a small one when she first came around about having a couple of kids and an ex-husband. We know who the zombies were that she was leading, but I would like to know a little more about her. My favorite character by far.

I will be reading the Governor one also, though.

New issue comments w/ spoilers

Even thought they didn't resolve anything with Carl, I loved the issue.

TONS of zombie violence and action. I thought it was cool that the others rallied to Rick's side to help him, and then they became such a force they overpowered the zombies. Even Eugene's line was priceless.

no one talking about the new issue?

Is the latest issue the end of the current story line (No Way Out pt. 5)? Kirkman's writing has gotten lazy to the point that I can no longer read it an issue at a time.

Soon...

granitecon2011.jpg

:headbang:

they are pimping him pretty good I wonder if the con will have any twd exclusives

I don't think there will be any con exclusives, just my guess, I know Tony won't have any and Image is not there...so... (shrug)

It should be. Chandler Riggs was told to be ready to go around that time.

I had mentioned this to my wife and she said "Oh great, I will never see you again." lol it's not like I'll be able to sneak onto the set and they'll go "Hey, you creeping kid...how would you like to be the star of our movie "The Creeping Kid""

Now let's see who knows that reference.