• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

I don't understand your strange Canadian combinations of emoticons.

The feeling is quite mutual with your video links. To interpret my emoticon use.

lol = funny guy

(tsk) = we both know you did not buy the cover. SillyPuss has not been paid.

Smoke less weed there video boy. Either that or smoke Canadian weed. Just like beer the American version is watered down.

The first interesting bit, gleaned from G4, is that the game will follow the canon of the comic book series rather than the extended version of events offered by the TV series. There goes my dream for a "Hacksaw off Merle's Hand" mini game.

The other bit, straight from the horse's mouth, is that we won't just be playing as Rick Grimes, but that players will jump into the shoes of many characters over the course of the game's multiple episodes. "You'll be playing as characters from The Walking Dead for sure," Kirkman explained, "and different levels you'll play as different people, so we'll see."

Good info, as I couldn't find anything. My only comment is: if you are playing multiple characters during the course of the game...that will only serve to disconnect the player from the story imo unless VERY well crafted...although obviously playing as different characters will accompany different styles/techniques that will be fun to technically play (who DOESN'T want to wield a sword and swoop through a dozen zombies in no time flat?--btw, anyone remember Nightmare Creatures?)

Turning back to the comic, I feel that the time in the prison was a great opportunity for a fixed location to drive home some of the storyline potential (although it can be argued he stayed there too long) and as such the community rebuild could be fertile ground for similar dispositions. I've been puzzled that after a dozen or so issues in the community we haven't seen much except for Jessie's family, which has now been dismembered (Kirkman, I hope you know that was a waste to save Jessie from an abusive relationship only to have her die a few issues later). We can all agree to disagree as to which character is worthy but the general feeling is we need less soundbytes from the cast and focus more on the key players so we can become more vested in them. That way, when Kirkman does his "no one is safe" routine we'll have something to complain about lol! I feel like I am getting a "tease" from Kirkman on many of the characters but simply doesn't flesh them out. Kirkman, please fix!!

I'm wondering if the Gov's start was as ambitious as Rick's is now. Anyone else seeing some eerie similarities? Did the Gov start out "acting in the group's best interests" only to become rabid with power?

Thanks all for your thoughts on the series...nice to have a decent discussion...and some of the thoughts here have crossed my mind as well. Let's keep it coming!

I don't understand your strange Canadian combinations of emoticons.

The feeling is quite mutual with your video links. To interpret my emoticon use.

lol = funny guy

(tsk) = we both know you did not buy the cover. SillyPuss has not been paid.

Smoke less weed there video boy. Either that or smoke Canadian weed. Just like beer the American version is watered down.

There is so much to dissect here. A) My video links are usually quite clever, I think. :P B) Lookwhoitis wasn't implying he bought it. He was just saying that SillyPuss obviously got a sizable offer to end the auction, hence "SillyPuss just got paid!" C) And there's plenty of American beer that isn't Budweiser/Coors/Natural Light swill. There are breweries down here that'll put your Canadian beer to shame, I dare say. :baiting:

Oh, and D) Anytime you'd like to send me a "special care package," well, hint hint... :grin:

Well that bad boy is probably gonna go for what around $4k off eBay? Would love to own that cover art.

If it went for $4k off of ebay then the seller may have left some significant cash on the table.

Well that bad boy is probably gonna go for what around $4k off eBay? Would love to own that cover art.

If it went for $4k off of ebay then the seller may have left some significant cash on the table.

MMMmmmmm, leaving cash on the table.

It was sold not too long ago by a dealer. I remember seeing the price and thinking it was expensive. I am sure the buyer has to have some kind of idea on the value. So, seanfingh, did you get it???

MMMmmmmm, leaving cash on the table.

I've got my money on someone else being the buyer.

There is so much to dissect here. A) My video links are usually quite clever, I think. :P B) Lookwhoitis wasn't implying he bought it. He was just saying that SillyPuss obviously got a sizable offer to end the auction, hence "SillyPuss just got paid!" C) And there's plenty of American beer that isn't Budweiser/Coors/Natural Light swill. There are breweries down here that'll put your Canadian beer to shame, I dare say. :baiting:

Oh, and D) Anytime you'd like to send me a "special care package," well, hint hint... :grin:

A) You think your links are clever. :whatev:

B) You say tomato and I say ...........it's open to interpretation. Since SillyPuss didn't sell the cover he did not get paid. Hence the emoticon. :makepoint:

C) :roflmao:

As for the special care I would hate to get you into trouble. Don't they tar and feather anyone using drugs other than those supplied by pharmacies down there? If you want to visit then maybe I could make a call and make the Hangover look like a boy scout jamboree. :banana:

We talking possible 5 figures for that cover? I would be shocked if this thing went way north of $4k which is my guessitimate.

I guess unless we hear from the buyer or seller we will never know.

Nice item though if a board member here got it congrats.

We talking possible 5 figures for that cover? I would be shocked if this thing went way north of $4k which is my guessitimate.

wait until michonne is introduced on the show....

wait until michonne is introduced on the show....

:gossip: Some beloved TWD characters don't transition to well on the show too(Carl :baiting: ). A heck of an investment if for that reason. I just hope a TWD super fan(or Michonne superfan, JJ I'm looking at you) got it and not someone plotting to sell it for a premium on eBay if her charcter is introduced.