• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

we have to go through DWC as well or something for a tony signing don't we ?.. cause he charges that $5 or whatever

It was me originally, but have set it up so that Facilitators and/or 'preferably' CGC or myself can take the books and money to Tony. Andrew will be fine at Cincy for anyone wondering...

Edited by jonjesper

we have to go through DWC as well or something for a tony signing don't we ?.. cause he charges that $5 or whatever

It was me originally, but have set it up so that Facilitators and/or 'preferably' CGC or myself can take the books and money to Tony. Andrew will be fine at Cincy for anyone wondering...

:acclaim:

I think I am going to get Tony to sign my #1 and #2 from Argentina. Was going to get the #10 signed with the 1st Michonne cover, but there is a slight crease on the back which almost looks like it is from a nail being slammed into it.

I don't think it would grade about a 9.2 so not sure if it would be worth getting it signed and slabbed.

Take them to the booth and let them crack them out unless you want to learn how to crack them. :)

Any SS slab MUST be cracked by them for the signatures already on the book to be recognized SS by CGC again.

I personally crack my own and don't recall ever losing my pre-crack grade. In fact I have cracked a 9.6 universal and it returned 9.8 SS. :)although I'm sure that's rare.

Honestly on modern books that is quite common.

But good for you none the less. :headbang:

Well my issue #1 and #2 have been cracked from their slabs and are prepped to get signed by Tony this weekend. Wow getting stuff SSed and slabbed starts to add up quickly. :)

Not to mention getting some sketches also done at the show. Looks like I might spend a grand on SS books and sketches alone.

Well my issue #1 and #2 have been cracked from their slabs and are prepped to get signed by Tony this weekend. Wow getting stuff SSed and slabbed starts to add up quickly. :)

Not to mention getting some sketches also done at the show. Looks like I might spend a grand on SS books and sketches alone.

Is that one grand? :cool:

Yes, which is pennies compared to someone like you Jeff. :) I am scared to see how much you spend in a year getting stuff signed and slabbed.

Excited to add hopefully a few more #19 to the 9.8 category w/ Tony's sig on them. I thought long and hard about cracking and getting signed the one I got from you but my luck it would somehow get damaged and downgraded. So it will stay in its slab.

Edited by brendanb438

Just don't ask for any sketches on them...and make sure to talk to GACollectibles before you get them signed!

Is this something Tony flat out refuses to do? I am meeting up with Andrew before getting anything done at the show so I won't make the mistake of getting it signed without a witness there. I can only imagine that is something that happens all too often.