• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Myself, I got to a point in my Modern "niche" collecting focus of L&K, it wasn't worth grading every issue(especially paying premium of uber books and their variants). It was insane to go on as long as I did, in my opinion(now), but this retrospective is reserved for other collectors to make their own decisions. You have to decide what truly is important for yourselves. I had a number of deciding factors go my way(creator, variants, CGC, etc...)

Myself, I got to a point in my Modern "niche" collecting focus of L&K, it wasn't worth grading every issue(especially paying premium of uber books and their variants). It was insane to go on as long as I did, in my opinion(now), but this retrospective is reserved for other collectors to make their own decisions. You have to decide what truly is important for yourselves. I had a number of deciding factors go my way(creator, variants, CGC, etc...)

I would likely do what you did if Chew ever goes the variant route like L&K. I also feel very lucky that the creators of the title I collect seem to be great guys. I have yet to meet them but hear nothing but great things. It certainly helps me to maintain my passion for the title. :)

I would likely do what you did if Chew ever goes the variant route like L&K. I also feel very lucky that the creators of the title I collect seem to be great guys. I have yet to meet them but hear nothing but great things. It certainly helps me to maintain my passion for the title. :)

Both fellas on Facebook are great to their fans. I always appreciate John replying to a post of mine on his wall(Yes, John, I do like Speed Racer now.) lol

Any information entered is collected. They wouldn't let me delete my profile so I changed my name. EVIL!
I didn't know that.

...and to continue this conversation.

But, I kinda felt it was possible. I never included family, school, employment, phone number, out of paranoia. I enjoy it nonetheless keeping track of my friends(alot of boardies here). I keep my friends list small for more of a streamlined unit and never play the games. I just post alot of NH pics and the occasional video. I like to think I keep everyone somewhat entertained. I've heard cute kittens post pics of me on their wall. It only sucks when one friend un-friends you. Makes you down in the dumps. :baiting:

Going to be cracking out my #1 and #2 to get them signed by Tony Moore and reslabbed as Sig Series. What does the board recommend for placement of the sigs on these issues and best color of marker?

Placement is mostly personal choice. I like Title sigs but some do not.

I've mostly tried only black but I'm planning on silver and red next time. Maybe gold.

+1

I met Kirkman at SDCC & Adlard at Balt. Comic Con this summer. 1st time meeting each of them. If either of them turned out to be a :censored: that would have royally sucked.

The Stuff of Legend guys are also really cool. Especially Wilson & DeVito. I met them at the Philly con in June. When I came by their booth last month at the Balt. show they remembered me. By name in fact. As I walked up to the booth they greeted me 1st with a, "hey Maloney!" I know it was only 2 months, but I still thought it was cool.

2 great books with cool creators. Definitely helps make you stick around for the long haul. (thumbs u