• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

hm

For all the fans that have supported the title and the genre for decades. If they can make a few bucks then why not? Also when is it an issue to spend time and offer unique items??

For the time spent it's probably less than minimum wage. What a milker. ;)

Wow, if this show was a cow it'd be dead due to dehydration...Talk about milking it :(

If Marvel's not dead after doing the same thing for 50 years the Walking Dead aren't even close.

Moderns are EVIL! :baiting:

But, I hear the fustration. This once little affordable book is becoming something a little too commercial for alot of tastes. Collecting everything can seem daunting. Or being forced to buy various wares can seem insulting to the purists. It loses the book's impact a little with each Walking Dead/Hannah Montana crossover into dolls, backpacks, costumes, etc. My 2c

But, I hear the fustration. This once little affordable book is becoming something a little too commercial for alot of tastes. Collecting everything can seem daunting. Or being forced to buy various wares can seem insulting to the purists. It loses the book's impact a little with each Walking Dead/Hannah Montana crossover into dolls, backpacks, costumes, etc. My 2c

Her career is dead now and will have to rise from the grave to become relevant...so I can see the tie in.

Her career is dead now and will have to rise from the grave to become relevant...so I can see the tie in.

^^

I've liked most of what has come out for WD. I'm tempted to get an action figure or 2 which is something I haven't done in about 25 years. lol

Variants on the comics I could do without. Once a year or less works for me. :)

I was just a little curious about the The Walking Dead Rise of the Governor. Is it a must read or something that will give you more insight on this character perhaps shedding light on how someone gets so twisted? I think I'll read not sure if what I'm in for so I wanted to get some other ideas.

I really wanted to like it, as the Governor is one of my favorite characters in the series.

However, the book is just ok. If you like zombie survival stories you'll like the book, but nothing really outstanding or special happens.

The ending is waaaaay predictable and ehhh.... I found myself reading it seeing the ending ahead of time saying, "I hope it doesn't end that way", and unfortunately it did.

plus if you re-read the regular titles, Dr. Stevens tells a whole other story of how they got there. You would think Kirkman would follow his own comic storyline. Wasn't a very good book.

I was just a little curious about the The Walking Dead Rise of the Governor. Is it a must read or something that will give you more insight on this character perhaps shedding light on how someone gets so twisted? I think I'll read not sure if what I'm in for so I wanted to get some other ideas.

I really wanted to like it, as the Governor is one of my favorite characters in the series.

However, the book is just ok. If you like zombie survival stories you'll like the book, but nothing really outstanding or special happens.

The ending is waaaaay predictable and ehhh.... I found myself reading it seeing the ending ahead of time saying, "I hope it doesn't end that way", and unfortunately it did.

plus if you re-read the regular titles, Dr. Stevens tells a whole other story of how they got there. You would think Kirkman would follow his own comic storyline. Wasn't a very good book.

I didn't want to say it, but yeah you are right it wasn't a good book. Pretty big let down that is for sure and the ending as predictable as it was I was still like WTF why are they doing it like this.

It's just the blatant milking that pizzes me of.

pre-hit tv show, how many variants ?

now it's dolls, games, backpacks, you name.

Not to mention all the effing variants...(i predict at least 4 or 5 for #100)

I'm seriously considering quiting at #100, that's how much it's starting to rub me the wrong way.

I'm seriously considering quiting at #100, that's how much it's starting to rub me the wrong way.

If you have this gut feeling about quitting now, don't wait until the marketers "milked" your wallet dry. I was gonna jump off Locke & Key at Head Games #1 when all those variants were announced, but stayed on for three arcs too long. Even the prop keys had variants. Don't make my mistake, and wait too long. :makepoint:

If you have this gut feeling about quitting now, don't wait until the marketers "milked" your wallet dry. I was gonna jump off Locke & Key at Head Games #1 when all those variants were announced, but stayed on for three arcs too long. Even the prop keys had variants. Don't make my mistake, and wait too long. :makepoint:

What is the time progression currently in the book - how much time has gone by since the beginning of the zombie outbreak?

After a while won't all the flesh just rot off the zombies and they would fall to pieces??? just saying... (shrug)

What is the time progression currently in the book - how much time has gone by since the beginning of the zombie outbreak?

After a while won't all the flesh just rot off the zombies and they would fall to pieces??? just saying... (shrug)

2 Years? (shrug) They have gone through two winters now right?

Downloading is pretty good for movies

I respectfully disagree. Why wait all that time for downloading? AND have to use up space on your hard drive? I can go find a movie right now on a stream and be watching it in a couple of minutes versus waiting around for a torrent download.

It's been my experience that movies can be found as torrents before they are streams. Sites like Demoniod and Fenopy usually have DVD rips online before the DVD's are released. So the selection is better.

I've got Fios, so they download fast, and you can delete them after you watch it, so hard drive space isn't an issue.

Viruses are an issue though.

Nice!!

Did you win an eBay auction or picked from his list?

I guess because it's signed to Doug then He did it at a convention, but then again I sould be totally wrong. Loving the sketch Doug, It's awesome (worship)

Nice!!

Did you win an eBay auction or picked from his list?

I guess because it's signed to Doug then He did it at a convention, but then again I sould be totally wrong. Loving the sketch Doug, It's awesome (worship)

You can win Moore con sketches on EBay :gossip:

Then you let him know whatyou'd like.