• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Anyone else getting bored with the book?

I've been 100% behind this book since the early days, but lately......

This stuff with Carl is tough to swallow. I have no problem suspending disbelief, but the recent ongoings have stretched that beyond the point that Kirkman should have.

Well f all the people who run Horrorhound and f the show in Cincinnati this weekend. I get to the show pretty much aware that Reedus will not be there and then after a couple hours of them telling us Jon Bernthal is on his way we really find out oh he has actually cancelled. Then they tell us that Norman Reedus though is now on a flight from ATL to CIN and will be here around 4PM. Wait around until 4PM and find out from Sean Patrick Flanery that this is pretty much BS Reedus isn't on a plane and is stuck in the airport waiting for a seat to open up.

After waiting 5 hours to find this out I go to the registration area trying to get a straight answer and pretty much tell them they are feeding everyone BS and that I want to know if Reedus shows up for tomorrow are you going to expect me to pay you $20 more to get a single autograph even though your website shows him and Jon Bernthal as still being in attendance today and you have pretty much lied to everyone all day long. They couldn't give me an answer and said it would be up to the owners of HorrorHound but they were not available. I ended up leaving pissed. If I find out Reedus shows up tomorrow I will be getting his autograph on a couple things without paying them $20 again to get in or I will be making one hell of a scene.

Ok now that I have cooled down I did start what I think will be a cool project for my Walking Dead collection.

Originally I planned to get one of the latest variants from the Toronto Fan Expo (Thanks again Jeff for helping me get a couple of these) signed by everyone in attendance from the Walking Dead and to continue to add to it, but once on site decided against this since everyone wanted $20 or more for there sigs including Addy Miller and Keisha Tillis who always charged $10 before. I would have still went along with it if I could have had it Signature Series but this didn't happen for this event.

Instead I brought along one of the full size prints that Tony Moore sells at comic cons of the cover to issue #1 to get signed by everyone in either Silver or Gold. So I was able to add Addy Miller (1st Zombie shown aka little girl with doll zombie), Keisha Tillis (Morgan's wife the zombie), Madison Lintz (Sophia) and finally Michael Rooker (Merle). Was hoping to get Reedus and Bernthal but hey it fell through. I will post a pic of it here in a little but I think this will turn out pretty sweet. Rooker thought it was a pretty damn cool piece to sign. I hope to get around 18 total sigs on it when it is completed.

This stuff with Carl is tough to swallow. I have no problem suspending disbelief, but the recent ongoings have stretched that beyond the point that Kirkman should have.

Iss. 90 was perhaps the most boring of the series, IMO. Hopefully the closer it gets to #100 the more it will pick up.

Ok now that I have cooled down I did start what I think will be a cool project for my Walking Dead collection.

Originally I planned to get one of the latest variants from the Toronto Fan Expo (Thanks again Jeff for helping me get a couple of these) signed by everyone in attendance from the Walking Dead and to continue to add to it, but once on site decided against this since everyone wanted $20 or more for there sigs including Addy Miller and Keisha Tillis who always charged $10 before. I would have still went along with it if I could have had it Signature Series but this didn't happen for this event.

Instead I brought along one of the full size prints that Tony Moore sells at comic cons of the cover to issue #1 to get signed by everyone in either Silver or Gold. So I was able to add Addy Miller (1st Zombie shown aka little girl with doll zombie), Keisha Tillis (Morgan's wife the zombie), Madison Lintz (Sophia) and finally Michael Rooker (Merle). Was hoping to get Reedus and Bernthal but hey it fell through. I will post a pic of it here in a little but I think this will turn out pretty sweet. Rooker thought it was a pretty damn cool piece to sign. I hope to get around 18 total sigs on it when it is completed.

Dude... what a cool project! When you are finished give us here a gander! (thumbs u

Here is the start of the project.

photo24wx.jpg

Madison Lintz is at the top left and Michael Rooker is near the middle right, kind of hard to see in this picture. My drunk buddy was near the front of Rooker's line so I gave it to him along with a gold pen to have him sign. Well my buddy put the pen behind his ear and when he had Rooker sign he forgot to ask him to use my gold pen.

At least he signed in silver but I was going to have all the females sign in silver and all the males in gold. Rooker's silver pen was a fairly small tip too which makes it harder to see.

Also he almost had him personalize it to my buddy, if that happen I would have killed him.

Iss. 90 was perhaps the most boring of the series, IMO. Hopefully the closer it gets to #100 the more it will pick up.

I think Kirkman has lost some focus, lately. The characters seem to just be going through the motions.

For example, when Carl got shot, it was a major event but it didn't seem like much thought has gone into developing that incident. 2c

So was a book store a few days ago and saw this , didn;t know it existed , havn;t tried it yet but looks cool

bg.jpg

If you are in the Secret Santa and you get me...just to let you know, :takeit: as my gift! :D

Here is the start of the project.

photo24wx.jpg

Madison Lintz is at the top left and Michael Rooker is near the middle right, kind of hard to see in this picture. My drunk buddy was near the front of Rooker's line so I gave it to him along with a gold pen to have him sign. Well my buddy put the pen behind his ear and when he had Rooker sign he forgot to ask him to use my gold pen.

At least he signed in silver but I was going to have all the females sign in silver and all the males in gold. Rooker's silver pen was a fairly small tip too which makes it harder to see.

Also he almost had him personalize it to my buddy, if that happen I would have killed him.

So freakin cool!

one of my friends is whining about how the cover to 91 is a spoiler ...

Has anyone read the issue yet?

Who could that mysterious figure possibly be on the last page?

Yes.

DAVIDSON Returns!!!!!!

Otherwise, it's just a new character that's a scout from another group. I doubt it's a loner like Michonne was. He was well equiped.

Plus, Kirkman hinted at SDCC that new communities were going to be a part of the story.