• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Very nice sir. You have some of the best WD artwork out there.

Here is an updated picture of one of the walls in my mancave with WD stuff on it. Now if only I could figure out a way to mount my AR15 and a couple AK47s on the wall also for a true Zombie Apocalypse feel that doesn't scream pure redneck.

I know we discussed before about whether I am worried about sunlight damaging the comics, but I usually have dark blue drapes covering the window which I took down just to take this picture with some natural light. I would say almost zero sunlight normally gets into my room.

photo42d.jpg

Here is an updated picture of one of the walls in my mancave with WD stuff on it. Now if only I could figure out a way to mount my AR15 and a couple AK47s on the wall also for a true Zombie Apocalypse feel that doesn't scream pure rednec

Well you probably don't want to temp any would be thieves buy hanging AKs all over the walls. One has to know enough about comics to understand the value of your comics / art work but everyone understands the value of guns...especially common street thugs.

Anyhow, has the group landed any ARs or AKs yet? I haven't read past 45~ so I don't know. You would think they would, I mean in real life you're going to run across someone like our selves who actually owns something besides a shotgun and revolver.

Here is an updated picture of one of the walls in my mancave with WD stuff on it. Now if only I could figure out a way to mount my AR15 and a couple AK47s on the wall also for a true Zombie Apocalypse feel that doesn't scream pure redneck.

I know we discussed before about whether I am worried about sunlight damaging the comics, but I usually have dark blue drapes covering the window which I took down just to take this picture with some natural light. I would say almost zero sunlight normally gets into my room.

photo42d.jpg

What about high quality UV blocking glass?

Kirkman was in town recently I guess visiting his family. He did a signing at a shop called A+ Comics. About 150 people showed up and went through really fast. I think everyone was gone 30 minutes before the whole event was over.

Here is a photo of the shop.

IMAG0149.jpg

Here's me with Kirkman.

IMAG0150.jpg

I got some of my OA signed by him as well as this..

IMAG0151.jpg

Pretty cool event overall, there was a father/son combo behind me who had never even been into a comic book store. The son liked the show and brought some action figures to get signed and got a lunch box signed too. They thought it was really cool that Kirkman worked on so many different titles every month that they didn't know about.

I saw one guy getting a sketch doodle on the Ultimate Comics blank, but mainly it was trades, hardbacks, toys getting singed. I didn't see many single issues getting signed.

Hopefully next time I'll get more pictures for everyone.

lol That's an awesome picture of you and Robert! :banana:

Just figured I'd keep this thread alive and post some of my recent additions to my Walking Dead collection :)

DSCF0004.jpg

Firstly, HUGE thanks to Kris for getting this done for me at SDCC 2011... It's signed by Frank Darabont (Director), Andrew Lincoln (Rick), Robert Kirkman (Writer), Laurie Holden (Andrea), Jon Bernthal (Shane), Steven Yeun (Glenn), Jeffrey Demunn (Dale) and Gregory Nicotero (Key Make-Up Artist).

Darabont.jpg

Secondly, HUGE thanks to Steve for this one, which was also done at SDCC 2011. It's the only copy that is signed JUST by Darabont I believe, makes it kind of cool I think.

I won't be cracking and adding to the two above (I think they look great as they are), but I am missing a few signatures, i.e. Chandler Rigs, Norman Redus, etc, and I will be adding them to this book below in the future (Which I got a few months back from Jeff - so HUGE thanks to Jeff for this one - currently it's just signed by Jon Bernthal (Shane), Laurie Holden (Andrea), Tony Moore and Robert Kirkman, has lots of cool space for sigs):

DSC05240.jpg

Then there are my Charlie Adlard books from my recent signing with Charlie :banana: I'm hoping they're all 9.8's, but we'll see when they're back from CGC lol.

wd482.jpg

wd192.jpg

GovernorWD27.jpg

WD75Rick.jpg

michonne3.jpg

and these were done on sketch boards...

rickmichonne.jpg

rickzombie.jpg

and here is my girlfriends sketch (I gave her the idea of getting the Governor's daughter with his eye on a stick, like a lollipop, but for some reason he did Michonne? lol, It's still cool though, and she still loves it.

michonne2.jpg

Hope you enjoy seeing them :)

Edited by LloydJBailey