• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

What do we think the Escape variants will go for? Do we know the print count on those?

The press release I read said that all participants and spectators were getting a copy so I doubt that they will go for much ... I imagine that people will be selling their copies to others in attendance for $10 - $20 ... I'm frankly floored that anyone would pay the numbers that people are paying for this variant. If things keep going crazy like this the 1:200 variants are going to sell for $750 in CGC 9.8 on ebay when the Fast Track copies come back. Then some people seller barely got $700 for a Walking Dead No. 1 in CGC 9.6 yesterday. I almost bid on it, but assumed it would go for much more. Snooze you lose. lol

Only participants are getting a comic. Spectators are getting a poster of the cover of that comic. So the walkers and survivors are getting copies. Not sure how many that is but I'm assuming around 1,000? Just a complete guess. But those prices are insane.

At this point its cheaper to buy a plane ticket to CA and purchase a ticket to participate in the run :makepoint:

Slight exaggeration.

But seriously, it pains me to see people paying that much for them, that just means that's what the going rate will be now.

Another part of me feels like the sellers of those auctions shill bid with their friends to essentially make the price (since they were first to list, they pretty much set the tone). Im not saying thats whats going on but a part of me believes it as a possibility. The whole thing makes me angry. I'm not angry at the sellers, I'm angry at the buyers. Oooh what stupid people with lots of money do...

At this point its cheaper to buy a plane ticket to CA and purchase a ticket to participate in the run :makepoint:

Slight exaggeration.

But seriously, it pains me to see people paying that much for them, that just means that's what the going rate will be now.

Another part of me feels like the sellers of those auctions shill bid with their friends to essentially make the price (since they were first to list, they pretty much set the tone). Im not saying thats whats going on but a part of me believes it as a possibility. The whole thing makes me angry. I'm not angry at the sellers, I'm angry at the buyers. Oooh what stupid people with lots of money do...

Part of you feels these folks are shill bidding with there friends? Give us a break and don't be throwing around those type of accusations. Did you even look at the actual bidding on the auctions? If you did you wouldn't be saying such . Don't get butt hurt over people making money off such a thing either.

I am guess around 3000 copies will be made.

Question when it comes to 2nd printings I know that #33 goes for a crazy amount, but are any of the other 2nd printings worth more than their 1st printing counterpart? I know issue #34 also had a 2nd printing and any idea if it is as rare print wise as #33 2nd printing?

Don't get butt hurt over people making money off such a thing either.

I guess you didn't read the part where I said "I'm not angry at the sellers, I'm angry at the buyers".

Edit: And yes, I did look at the auctions. The one with 13 bids had the majority of the bids up to $150 then it jumped to $250, that person who did the jump didn't win it, but ultimately won another for that price. Of the 6 I was able to see completed there are only 3 sellers. I can't see who won the BIN's so I can't fantasize about those.

And again, I said "a part of me", I'm not throwing out accusations and holding them to it, it's just a simple subconcious thought that ran through my head. I'm allowed those ya know, especially when it comes to 100% honest sites such as eBay.

Edited by roastedbagel

For tonight at least....

I think that the $160 BIN currently available "pre-order" is overpriced or I would have already bought it.

Slight exaggeration.

According to Liam Brenner (coordinator of the escape) he said that the expectant participation is between 10-12k. Highly likely this will be an extremely common variant. Though I will be there offering $10-$20 at the end to purchase said variants.

Slight exaggeration.

According to Liam Brenner (coordinator of the escape) he said that the expectant participation is between 10-12k. Highly likely this will be an extremely common variant. Though I will be there offering $10-$20 at the end to purchase said variants.

:takeit:

No seriously, I'll buy one from you if you get enough to sell. As long as you aren't charging $250 :)

I was really planning on this variant going for ~$15-60 or so, but the $250 came out of left field for me. Sheesh.

Edited by roastedbagel

hmmmm....i'm gonna watch how these books pre sale for the next week. it's $80 + a train ticket, so i'd have to get $120-125 on ebay to cover everything. looks possible so far. i think if the book is still selling decently on july 1st, i'll buy a ticket if any are left (lots as of now)

Slight exaggeration.

Part of you feels these folks are shill bidding with there friends? Give us a break and don't be throwing around those type of accusations. Did you even look at the actual bidding on the auctions? If you did you wouldn't be saying such . Don't get butt hurt over people making money off such a thing either.

Question when it comes to 2nd printings I know that #33 goes for a crazy amount, but are any of the other 2nd printings worth more than their 1st printing counterpart? I know issue #34 also had a 2nd printing and any idea if it is as rare print wise as #33 2nd printing?

WD #2 2nd print is super rare

I can kinda understand the interest in a 2nd printing if it's extremely rare and it has a different cover (or different color cover), but I do not understand the interest in 2nd prints of issues 2, 7, and 8. Bottom line, they are just reprints. Who cares what the print run is? It's still just a re-run.

Yeah, I like #2 second print too. It's not more valuable than the first print, but Isn't the #2 second printing the least printed issue or something?

probably. i'm not sure what #7,8, 33, 34, 0r 50 2nd print print runs are tho.