• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

That's true. I forgot about 'Jesus'. I tend to think he's going to die in 100, unless he turns out to be Negan or something crazy like that. I've been arguing with Roastedbagel about that since the issue came out.

Normally I'd agree, but I think most of the speculation on his importance comes from this interview quote from Adlard:

Q: Paul Monroe appears to be a bad thus far, besting both Michonne & Abraham in combat, and his original art pages have sold extremely well. Without letting any cats out of the bag, can you give us any insight as what his role may be in the future?

A: Well, let's just say that he's not going to be just a fly by night character. Both Robert and I love him already and he's only been around for few issues.

Honestly, who knows? I guess he's just the best bet for 'next hot character' at this point.

For actual real keys there are six, #1, 2, 19, 27, 48 and 61 are proven examples. There are second tier books like 33, 45-48, 69, and 93 which I personally covet very highly, that may or may not be high on other peoples want lists. The 93 could possibly join the big six someday but that remains just speculation at this point.

There are only a hundred books, why not just complete that goal that you started on, don't worry about duplicate keys, why not put together a collection you can be proud of? :foryou:

And then hoard copies of #1 as they come up, if you want to "invest" as well.

Jim

I've certainly thought about that but I don't just don't have the room for all those books. I'd also like to get some splash art and other things also.

I've certainly thought about that but I don't just don't have the room for all those books. I'd also like to get some splash art and other things also.

I have ample room you can store all your keys at :grin:

As far as Jesus goes, I think he's a perfect fit for TV. Season 5 watch out!! :banana:

Edited by roastedbagel

Do you guys think #7 and #8 second prints are going to be worth anything? I know #2 and #33 will be. Didn't know about those.

These tend to hover around $20-30 on eBay. I don't see anything special about them. Although i'm bitter since i bought a #7 and #8 thinking they are first print when they are really second print since the covers are identical. :mad:

So I have a particular question for some of you WD fanatics. If you could add any issues to your collection what would it be? What key issues would you have to have if you were adding WD books to collection for good. Don't say "All of them". Just what you would keep as "key" books in the series and holding their value for the long haul. :)

#2 First Print

Only because this is the ONLY issue I am missing for a complete run! I should have bought it 2 years ago, gonna cost me now :cry:

For actual real keys there are six, #1, 2, 19, 27, 48 and 61 are proven examples.

Jim

The only thing about #61 is its only a key because of chew.

Absolutely true, but many keys are like that. Iron Man #55 isn't special because of the Iron Man story. There's also that 6 page preview in the last issue of that little anthology comic that commands a slight premium, AF #15 I think. But yes, if we are talking keys due to the WD portion of the book, #61,63 and 93 are out of the conversation.

Jim

So I have a particular question for some of you WD fanatics. If you could add any issues to your collection what would it be? What key issues would you have to have if you were adding WD books to collection for good. Don't say "All of them". Just what you would keep as "key" books in the series and holding their value for the long haul. :)

#2 First Print

Only because this is the ONLY issue I am missing for a complete run! I should have bought it 2 years ago, gonna cost me now :cry:

SOT...is that you? :devil:

Love me issue 2 :cloud9:

#2 First Print

Not sure what you mean by SOT, but I don't believe so.

#2 has been a thorn in my side for quite some time now. Imagine only needing one more issue to complete your current run, it....sucks!

It looks like the going rate for a clean copy is around $400. I would like to get a 9.8 but I cant afford that right now, SDCC is around the corner and I need every penny I can get my hands on for that.

Do you guys think #7 and #8 second prints are going to be worth anything? I know #2 and #33 will be. Didn't know about those.

These tend to hover around $20-30 on eBay. I don't see anything special about them. Although i'm bitter since i bought a #7 and #8 thinking they are first print when they are really second print since the covers are identical. :mad:

Didn't know. I actually have those 3 in 9.8. :)

#2 First Print

Not sure what you mean by SOT, but I don't believe so.

#2 has been a thorn in my side for quite some time now. Imagine only needing one more issue to complete your current run, it....sucks!

It looks like the going rate for a clean copy is around $400. I would like to get a 9.8 but I cant afford that right now, SDCC is around the corner and I need every penny I can get my hands on for that.

SOT is a member here Spidey-On-Tilt. In this thread last week he was going on and on about how WD #2 is his favourite book in the series and that he is more impressed seeing those then he does issue #1. It got a little heated to say the least.

Jim

SOT is a member here Spidey-On-Tilt. In this thread last week he was going on and on about how WD #2 is his favourite book in the series and that he is more impressed seeing those then he does issue #1. It got a little heated to say the least.

Jim

Ah lol, yeah no.

My pick was out of sheer need, not preference. #1 is and always will be more sought after than #2 as well as more valuable, despite what certain people care to believe.

2K+ SOT, 2K+ :grin:

Question:

I just commissioned several artists to do some walking dead art for me on blank back #85 Infinity Variant comics. They are all working on the walking dead card series coming out next month. What is everyone's opinion:

Should I have them do their own originals or have them do homage covers I like? (i.e. Issue #1 and #19)

Edited by campbelljh3

I think the governor arc 43-48 are some of the most exciting comics in the series since there is so much chaos and death, but most people think key's are something major happening or introduction/death of a character.

But if you search on eBay for 'key issue', I think you'll find that issues 1-99 are all " KEY ISSUE!" :facepalm:

lol:roflmao:

Personally for Me this is why:

10 1st Hershel & Maggie among others

7 1st Tyrese and Lori reveals pregnant, and first Adlard Art (Which some aren't to happy about)

Let's not forget 91 which features his first appearance (cameo).

CGC notates 92 as his first full appearance...

Dude I'm right there with you, when #91 came out, I was like "gotta stock up on this issue, this guy will be key", then I soon starting realizing that everyone on ebay and CGC were considering #92 his first appearance...I was like "huh? I saw him in #91...

1st tier

Just curious, but what makes #7 and #10 key?

Walking Dead Represents Half Of Diamond Bookstore Sales

Should they be called Diamond Book Distributors? Or Diamond Walking Dead Distributors?

The side of Diamond that deals with the bookstore market rather than the comic store market, distributes publishers such as Image, Dark Horse, IDW, Dynamite, Oni, Archie, Top Shelf and more, as well as plenty of prose novels, and assorted products.

But I understand that, in the wake of two successful TV seasons of The Walking Dead, the collections of the comic book series now make up almost half of the entirety of product distributed by the company. All the trades collecting the series, the omnibuses, the card games, the board games…

There were some who worried about the future of Diamond Comic Distributors over the last few years, especially Diamond Book Distributors, considering the amount of stock they carry.

Well, I’m told in no uncertain terms that The Walking Dead is responsible for that no longer being a worry to anyone….

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/06/25/walking-dead-represents-half-of-diamond-bookstore-sales/