• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

I actually think Lori and Judith are alive. I've looked at that panel 1000 times and when comparing it to Carl's gunshot wound to the head it's not that far fetched. I really enjoyed what Lori brought to the story and I think Judith would help Rick in some ways. Although Andrea would probably have something to say about that. lol

Edited by ChadH

There has been something that has bugged me since #48....what if Lori and/or the baby are still alive? That would the ultimate kicker. We never actually saw them dead and buried, everything was happening too fast during the prison battle. People there assumed they were dead, but once the chaos ended they may have found them still alive. I really believe this could happen, especially after Carl got half of his head blown off and lived. If Kirkman could have something that nutty happen, anything goes. Maybe Lori goes by the name Lucille now....maybe.

:)

oooh had not seen this theory before :idea:

gah! give previews!!!

I actually think Lori and Judith are alive. I've looked at that panel 1000 times and when comparing it to Carl's gunshot wound to the head it's not that far fetched. I really enjoyed what Lori brought to the story and I think Judith would help Rick in some ways. Although Andrea would probably have something to say about that. lol

Carl got immediate medical attention from a surgeon. Lori and Judith lay bleeding on the ground in a yard full of zombies for goodness knows how long.

Another "Rick's family member suffers a serious injury followed by amnesia" would be lame.

There's also no obvious reason why Lori would head for DC. Like I say, I'll be pretty disappointed if this theory ends up being true. For me, it would destroy a lot of the emotional resonance of that cycle of issues as well.

It's not true. This is almost as ridiculous as one (or both) of the Dixon brothers making an appearance. Did nobody read the survivors guide that was put out? It clearly stated that they're both dead. Lori from a gunshot wound. Judith from Lori falling on her and crushing her to death.

Illegal in terms of copyright infringement, yes. Illegal in terms of eBay, only if the verified rights owner (i.e., Kirkman or Image) reports the listing as a violation of their intellectual property rights.

Illegal in terms of copyright infringement, yes. Illegal in terms of eBay, only if the verified rights owner (i.e., Kirkman or Image) reports the listing as a violation of their intellectual property rights.

Dude should get locked up

Carl got immediate medical attention from a surgeon. Lori and Judith lay bleeding on the ground in a yard full of zombies for goodness knows how long.

Another "Rick's family member suffers a serious injury followed by amnesia" would be lame.

There's also no obvious reason why Lori would head for DC. Like I say, I'll be pretty disappointed if this theory ends up being true. For me, it would destroy a lot of the emotional resonance of that cycle of issues as well.

Yep. Me too. So far WD has been free of these stupid Marvel-esque plot twists. Hopefully it stays that way.

There has been something that has bugged me since #48....what if Lori and/or the baby are still alive? That would the ultimate kicker. We never actually saw them dead and buried, everything was happening too fast during the prison battle. People there assumed they were dead, but once the chaos ended they may have found them still alive. I really believe this could happen, especially after Carl got half of his head blown off and lived. If Kirkman could have something that nutty happen, anything goes. Maybe Lori goes by the name Lucille now....maybe.

:)

THANK YOU

I thought I was the ONLY one that noticed this! I went back and re-read that scene many times and couldn't for the life of me see that it was confirmed she was definitely dead. All I saw was her get hit by a bullet, which if everyone died by a bullet, everyone would have been dead by now.

I thought for a long time after I read that issue that she's still alive somewhere. Wouldn't surprise me if that wasn't the case. Hi Lori! :hi:

Ok, so another theory someone at my LCS told me which at first I thought was nuts, then after re-thinking it seemed somewhat cool was...

What if at the end of #100 Rick and the gang are all in some "definitely-ready-to-die" scenario, the issue ends, issue #101 picks up back at day 1 again with an entirely different group of people. 50-100 issues later they cross paths with Rick and the gang and see what they've been up to since we last saw them...It would be a way to severely extend the life of the story...

1 comic for $45 and it could be anything from #1-99 most likely something from 65-98 and no way of knowing if anyone received a low number.

A quick glance at their closed auctions reveals more, tons of WD back issues from 9-current, all overpriced and unsold. No #1s,2s,19s,27s etc.

Step right up!! Take a chance, win some !

Yes, while Carl did get medical attention is it really that out of line to think a gut shot wouldn't kill Lori while Carl can survive a blown out eye socket and partial brain matter? C'mon now.

i really wish people would stop mentioning lori or judith possibly being alive. i have no idea why people would want a development to happen that would completely ruin the book. say what you want about carl, but he had medical attention immediately. lori/judith didn't. and even if you say "we didn't see them get buried" etc, it doesn't matter. that would be horrible story telling. it'd be just as bad as if the second part of #50 actually happened.

i really wish people would stop mentioning lori or judith possibly being alive. i have no idea why people would want a development to happen that would completely ruin the book. say what you want about carl, but he had medical attention immediately. lori/judith didn't. and even if you say "we didn't see them get buried" etc, it doesn't matter. that would be horrible story telling. it'd be just as bad as if the second part of #50 actually happened.

(thumbs u

What if at the end of #100 Rick and the gang are all in some "definitely-ready-to-die" scenario, the issue ends, issue #101 picks up back at day 1 again with an entirely different group of people. 50-100 issues later they cross paths with Rick and the gang and see what they've been up to since we last saw them...It would be a way to severely extend the life of the story...

Honestly...I wouldn't hate this :eek:

Jim

Edited by cgcworld

Honestly...I wouldn't hate this :eek:

Jim

DITTO (thumbs u