• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Just finished reading #100, and wow I didn't expect ____ to die. I expected it to be someone else and I'm glad I was wrong.

I've really thought the comic was running on fumes ever since Rick's group got to the community but this latest development has upped the ante and direction of the series.

Im really still sad about it too man - I agree it did renew my interest -- its like a whole new chapter now -- so sad though. I cant wait to talk in detail about it in a few weeks

Its weird, its like ____ was one of my friends...a few people have even asked me what was wrong lol

3rd most graphic/violent thing to happen, behind only michonne's repeated rape and her revenge on the governor. i'd put tyrese's be-heading just behind glenn's beating. that was hard to read

When did a 5 year old kid start pencilling this book? I've heard a lot of complaints about the artwork, but it didn't really hit me until this issue. Abysmal...

Imagine "that" scene with Pre #20 attention to detail....

When did a 5 year old kid start pencilling this book? I've heard a lot of complaints about the artwork, but it didn't really hit me until this issue. Abysmal...

Let's take a look at your ink work. Post it up.

I couldn't do any better. That's not really the point. When we are discussing my ability to draw, I'll be sure to PM you.

Just FYI, ALL OA from issues #99 and #100 were sold the first day....oh, and to one single buyer who must have made one hell of an offer. Sucks cause I would have bought s page. The ear necklace sold out preview night, which is just plain dumb. Way to make them accessible to people who couldn't make it that night. Sigh, been up for 40 hours...feeling pretty drained right now.

I WILL be attending the walking dead panel tomorrow for sure.

My goodie bag includes:

Every #100 variant (minus ottley sketch var.) Sent to cgc

3 Bible Style Compendiums

1 Michonne Figure

3 MiniMates

1 Partridge in a pear tree.

So I'm here til Sunday, have a mess ton of beer and a hotel room a 5 min walk from the con. Boardies 21 and up PM me if you want to hang out.

So tired sleepy time. WD escape 9pm tomorrow

so today was quite a busy day for me -- anyone have any WD OA covers they are looking to sell? PM me as I am in the market and will pay a fair price -

hm how fair we talking about?

I couldn't do any better. That's not really the point. When we are discussing my ability to draw, I'll be sure to PM you.

Show me a 5 year old that can mimic Adlards work and I will show you a prodigy

Just FYI, ALL OA from issues #99 and #100 were sold the first day....oh, and to one single buyer who must have made one hell of an offer. Sucks cause I would have bought s page. The ear necklace sold out preview night, which is just plain dumb. Way to make them accessible to people who couldn't make it that night. Sigh, been up for 40 hours...feeling pretty drained right now.

My goodie bag includes:

1 Michonne Figure

3 MiniMates

So I'm here til Sunday, have a mess ton of beer and a hotel room a 5 min walk from the con. Boardies 21 and up PM me if you want to hang out.

So between Branget or DHurley which one of you bought all the #100 OA???

That could probably be arranged hm

I agree with the above quote though - really. I mean, the art isn't terrible, but like I've mentioned many times before - We've all seen how he CAN draw, i.e. look at that dbl page splash with Tyreese punching Rick. He CAN put a little more attention to detail. Instead, he's been using 7 lines to draw facial hair on men. It really is pretty annoying when you look at all the earlier art and see that he actually took an extra three minutes to add some more lines in there and not make it look like chit.

example:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=900438&GSub=131078

look at Tyreese's beautifully sculpted facial hair!

Edited by Phillip

My goodie bag includes:

1 Michonne Figure

3 MiniMates

:shy:

Oh yeah, some thing I found completely hilarious and embarrassing after I realized what I did. I had Adlard sign issue #4 lmao.

I asked him to sketch my #85 UK variant in the empty cake space send he just laughed and signed his name. I'm hoping he just didn't hear me.

My goodie bag includes:

1 Michonne Figure

3 MiniMates

:shy:

hm

Oh yeah, some thing I found completely hilarious and embarrassing after I realized what I did. I had Adlard sign issue #4 lmao.

That's still better than having Stan Lee sign an ASM 300 or Hulk 181. :sumo:

I don't think it'd be a bad idea to get Rathburn and Adlard's sigs on a #1 if someone wanted to...sure they may not have done the work on that exact issue, but they did more work in the WD series than Moore ever did. I wouldn't do it, but if I was in the market for (another) WD #1 that happened to have those sigs, it'd be alright.

Jerome

Edited by jump_ace

I agree with the above quote though - really. I mean, the art isn't terrible, but like I've mentioned many times before - We've all seen how he CAN draw, i.e. look at that dbl page splash with Tyreese punching Rick. He CAN put a little more attention to detail. Instead, he's been using 7 lines to draw facial hair on men. It really is pretty annoying when you look at all the earlier art and see that he actually took an extra three minutes to add some more lines in there and not make it look like chit.

example:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=900438&GSub=131078

look at Tyreese's beautifully sculpted facial hair!

im sad CA's art is being rushed, but I am glad other people are finally noticing it...

as for the 99 and 100 OA - my guess is an art house bought it - or it will be available for auction --- did Mark at Splashpage actually say he doesnt have it -- who confirmed that it was all bought???

I offered to buy all the art for 100 months ago and would have paid any price for it. As much as I loved the book, in hindsight I'm glad Mark didn't take me up on it. It was a great story but nothing that should stay intact that I needed to be the custodian of.

Jim