• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

1st Ben killing his brother and then Carl killing Ben was a big event for me.

I had a 2 month old when I read 48. I still have the well beaten copy. I swore off Kirkman. Thankfully I didn't stick to it.

Only 4 violent acts really stand apart from the rest, IMO

1. Lori and Judith

2. Tyrese

3. Carl

4. The spoon

Those twin girls in the prison. :eek:

That one just misses the cut on my list. The reasoning being, I had no emotional involvement in the girls and it was hard to figure exactly what happened. Issue 100 misses the cut too because the art just kind of took me out of the moment.

1. Lori and Judith

2. Tyrese

3. Carl

4. The spoon

That one just misses the cut on my list. The reasoning being, I had no emotional involvement in the girls and it was hard to figure exactly what happened. Issue 100 misses the cut too because the art just kind of took me out of the moment.

I get it. My daughter was under 5 when I read that.

1. Lori and Judith

2. Tyrese

3. Carl

4. The spoon

I get it. My daughter was under 5 when I read that.

I think Rick's beatdown of Thomas deserves consideration too.

The one thing all the examples mentioned so far have in common is that they all involve either children, or people who are in an especially vulnerable position who can't resist the violence being inflicted on them. There's a good reason that those are the most emotionally resonant examples.

I'd argue that the contents of issue #100 fall in this category too. But it explains why several other possible candidates (like the Rick/Thomas one, or the Eugene neck stabbing in Woodbury) don't cut it.

The Ben murder and Carls retribution.

"It's ok, He'll wake up in a minute.All the rest did"

I put the comic down and went for a walk.

It was like a punch in the face.

A hard one.

1. Michonne being repeatedly raped

2. Revenge of The Spoon!

Glenn beaten to death with lucille

4. The prison scene with the 2 kids beheaded

5. Tyreese beheaded

6. Carl Rocks The Slick Rick Look

7. Tainted Meat!

8. Lori and Judith taking a bullet

9. Rick becoming the one armed man

10. Rick save me!!!....nah, i think i'll cut your hand off and save my son instead.

I think in terms of shocking moments, Tyresse has to go above issue 100 for me. What happened in 100 is

basically a replay of 46 with Rick and everybody helpless to stop it. And the Governor just wasn't doing it right, making Tyreese suffer even more

The torture issue is right up there as well. Michonne was just toying with him for half an issue. Damn, given the way

Michonne was looking at Negan

, I can see her doing it again.

Edited by Ramses717

You list some... I know one of mine is when they found the group of human hunts & then ate them & such

???

They didn't eat them, they "mutilated them" and burned their bodies.

(shrug) I remember rick saying something along the lines of "maybe we will even have a taste " I'll have to go back & read it again but I'm pretty sure at least imo that it was implied they did

okay guys/gals, without giving away what happened in #100, what are your most graphic/violent moments in WD, in order? i rethought my earlier post (and i might be forgetting some things). Cant be something that was said, has to be something we saw in the book.

MINE:

1. Michonne being repeatedly raped

2. Revenge of The Spoon!

Glenn beaten to death with lucille

4. The prison scene with the 2 kids beheaded

5. Tyreese beheaded

6. Carl Rocks The Slick Rick Look

7. Tainted Meat!

8. Lori and Judith taking a bullet

9. Rick becoming the one armed man

10. Rick save me!!!....nah, i think i'll cut your hand off and save my son instead.

i don't remember if they showed what rick did to the guys that tried to molest Carl.

I don't remember 1 being shown. It was discussed and we saw the aftermath, but I don't remember anything actually shown of it happening.

+1

It made it worse having it happen off panel.

I still remember the page where the Governor is doing it and he's constantly taunting her. There was also sound effects of pain and punishment. The art itself was of Glenn, his expressions as he was forced to hear what was going on and him breaking down and crying.

Ramses....spoilers please.

Yes for shame if people actually talk about the comic in the Discussion section shame on you Ramses (tsk)(tsk)

It came out 2 days ago. Some people haven't read it yet.

It's called common courtesy or respect.