• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

You list some... I know one of mine is when they found the group of human hunts & then ate them & such

???

They didn't eat them, they "mutilated them" and burned their bodies.

(shrug) I remember rick saying something along the lines of "maybe we will even have a taste " I'll have to go back & read it again but I'm pretty sure at least imo that it was implied they did

"Maybe we'll carve out a piece and have ourselves a taste" is what I believe he said... right before "put him on the table over there"...

Rick and co certainly did not eat the hunters. The whole reason they killed them all was because the hunters were eating other people. It would have been completely against their code of ethics to eat them - I don't think they were THAT hungry.

Now Morgan, killing people to feed to his Zombified son, THAT deserves a little bit more attention. It just got blown over because Rick decided not to tell everyone else in the group.

You list some... I know one of mine is when they found the group of human hunts & then ate them & such

???

They didn't eat them, they "mutilated them" and burned their bodies.

(shrug) I remember rick saying something along the lines of "maybe we will even have a taste " I'll have to go back & read it again but I'm pretty sure at least imo that it was implied they did

You're right that he said that, but he was doing it to mess with their heads. There's an awful lot of 'processing' and confession chats about that incident in subsequent issues, but they only ever talk about how they took their weapons, mutilated them while the others watched, etc.

That's the way I read it, anyway 2c

Ramses....spoilers please.

Yes for shame if people actually talk about the comic in the Discussion section shame on you Ramses (tsk)(tsk)

It came out 2 days ago. Some people haven't read it yet.

It's called common courtesy or respect.

Spoilers or you get to spend some quality time with Lucille.

Yes for shame if people actually talk about the comic in the Discussion section shame on you Ramses (tsk)(tsk)

What's the common wait time till you can stop using the spoiler tag?

Edited by HugeRosen

Six days. :sumo:

After the weekend everyone that reads monthly should be caught up I would think.

Some folks don't go to their LCS until the weekend.

Yeah by Tuesday of the next week you've got to nut up or shut up.

Yeah by Tuesday of the next week you've got to nut up or shut up.

If they haven't read it by then ,fudge em.

Modified.

What is the correct amount of time to wait in a discussion thread after the book has been released to stop using spoilers?

Cause I also mentioned Tyreese is dead. :baiting:

Modified.

What is the correct amount of time to wait in a discussion thread after the book has been released to stop using spoilers?

Cause I also mentioned Tyreese is dead. :baiting:

lol

Somewhere between 2 days ago and 4 years ago.

IMHO Negan makes The Governor look like a chump...the Dixons too for that matter.

ehh, maybe.. but then again the governor only appeared in less than 130 pages of the series (around 6 full issues or so) and he was responsible for the death of what, dozens and dozens of people - the main character's wife and new born child? I don't think he was a chump at all..

IMHO Negan makes The Governor look like a chump...the Dixons too for that matter.

ehh, maybe.. but then again the governor only appeared in less than 130 pages of the series (around 6 full issues or so) and he was responsible for the death of what, dozens and dozens of people - the main character's wife and new born child? I don't think he was a chump at all..

Agreed.

Negan disgusts me as well though.

I can't describe how I feel after reading issue 100. Angry. Disgust. re-hooked...

WD was kind of fading for me in the last year.

The new guy is "nuttin' but a lot of talk and a badge". Sorry....it's a favorite movie quote.

It will be fun to see his face when his gets handed to him.

It's really hard to make an opinion of Negan because we've only seen him in one issue. Lets compare him to the governor in ten issues or so....

I will say though, that I actually hate his guts. I know he's just a comic book character, but his attitude makes me want to slowly squeeze his skull until it pops.

Bravo Kirkman for creating this feeling!

Edited by Phillip

I'll elaborate....damn spoiler tags.

The Governor ran his crew through manipulation...most of his people didn't realize how twisted he was or at least not initially...and while Negan bashing in Glen's skull with Lucille might be brutal, the fact that he's surrounded himself with like minded and worse people solidifies this group as a legit threat.

I loved his slightly unhinged dialogue, and his crazy dress sense. Like a Grease-era John Travolta gone insane.

According to a review I read, Kirkman said in an interview (at SDCC?) that he was based on Henry Rollins. Definitely getting that kind of vibe.

My guess would be they'll keep him around for a while. It would be too much like the Governor if we were talking one six-issue arc with a gruesome death for him at the end of it.

Mike: So how long do I wait to spoil?

Trent: A day.

Mike: Tomorrow.

Sue: Tomorrow, then a day.

Trent: Yeah.

Mike: So two days?

Trent: Yeah, I guess you could call it that, two days.

Sue: Definitely, two days is like industry standard.

Trent: You know I used to wait two days to spoil anything, but now it's like everyone in town waits two days. So I think three days is kind of money. What do you think?

Sue: Yeah, but two's enough not to look anxious.

Trent: Yeah, two's enough not to look anxious. But I think three days is kind of money. You know because you...

Mike: Yeah, but you know what, maybe I'll wait 3 weeks. How's that? And tell the boards I was cleaning out my wallet and I just happened to spoil the ending.