• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

That 103 is a smoking turd. Look at 53. That is a comic cover. I am very much in the Tony vs. Charlie camp. But I can easily acknowledge the good work that Charlie does when he does it. These covers lately are ridiculous. The Emperor has no clothes.

Perhaps a switch to a straight novelization with spot illustrations would be in order. hm

Well said, haha.

That 103 is a smoking turd. Look at 53. That is a comic cover. I am very much in the Tony vs. Charlie camp. But I can easily acknowledge the good work that Charlie does when he does it. These covers lately are ridiculous. The Emperor has no clothes.

Perhaps a switch to a straight novelization with spot illustrations would be in order. hm

Can we get the spot illustrations from a different artist?

Can we get the spot illustrations from a different artist?

If Charlie had the same amount of time it takes him to do a 20 page story to, instead, do 6-8 fully rendered spot illustrations hitting the important points of the narrative I think it could be GREAT.

Bad news ladies and gentelmen, the Walking Dead is not changing formats or artists without some major unanticipated event (e.g., like Charlie Adlard hits the mega million lottery for 200 million and decides to retire). I would like to see the book come out every six weeks and be 150% in length so that I would be satisfied with each read. I miss reading it in a collected format, but I certainly don't have the self control to stay away from monthly issues. Personally, I'm just happy that it comes out on time. I've really enjoyed the story since issue 90 and hadn't been in love with the storyline since Rick stopped talking to himself around issue 60 with the highlight of my enjoyment being issues 19 to 48.

With the $ he's already made on WD and the royalties he will get from the show and merchandise, i'm sure he could retire now and live comfortably. Same with Kirkman.

I'll take that bet as it relates to Adlard.

With the $ he's already made on WD and the royalties he will get from the show and merchandise, i'm sure he could retire now and live comfortably. Same with Kirkman.

I'll take that bet as it relates to Adlard.

+1

I'd actually add Kirkman depending on the definition of comfortable.

/lawyer hat /

who knows what contracts were signed -- you would be surprised how little the artists and original team get once it gets up to the big boys -- especially with the TM thing still lingering - very sort of perfect storm time for this to be decided by the courts -- we are at a crossroads in our jurisprudence how this country handles its intellectual property

/ end lawyer hat /

Bad news ladies and gentelmen, the Walking Dead is not changing formats or artists without some major unanticipated event

Really?

I thought we had a shot at making it happen by posting in this thread.

Thanks for the update. (thumbs u

/lawyer hat /

who knows what contracts were signed -- you would be surprised how little the artists and original team get once it gets up to the big boys -- especially with the TM thing still lingering - very sort of perfect storm time for this to be decided by the courts -- we are at a crossroads in our jurisprudence how this country handles its intellectual property

/ end lawyer hat /

Does it look anything like Sean's Lawyer Hat? :wishluck:

madhatter_E_L.jpg

I guess my retire point was misguided. What i meant was he could stop doing WD right now and be fine. The amount of $ WD brings in between the comic, tv, and merchandising you don't think adds up to 500K?

For Adlard? No.