• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

I'm just saying that a reader could like the story without having a vested interest in the characters.

Like me. I see glen as the catalyst for much bigger things to come, regardless if it was glen or any of the others. He had to die for the better of the story and well maybe I look at characters as tools to further the storyline. So I don't look at them or have the same vesting in them that most readers do.

It would have been mega though if it would have been michonne instead. But that would been killing a large future cash cow.

so I finally bit the bullet and read the whole 100 issues this week. never read any of them. hate zombie stories and ignored WD for ten years!

but, just wow. I loved reading it all in large doses... Now that Im caught up I can't stand the idea of having to wait a month at a time!! I read every Cerebus month by month and it was tedious waiting, and was jealous of the guys who came later and could read whole phonebooks to catch up. The stories hold together better one right after the other.

so here are my thoughts. thanks for asking!

Im very impressed by the foreshadowing Kirkman lays in. I have not found any serious issues with the plot developments, the deaths, Ricks personalities or actions. I am really impressed that of late, Kirkman has made a strong point that in this new world of zombies, the most dangerous thing you face is NOT the zombies, but MAN himself. Tats eve scarier, as Rick realized in the 90s... killing zombies is just work. Something you just do to get where you are going.

And Ricks recent overconfidence has been played nicely into failing once again, just as he was getting comfortable that he was truly mans best hope: the thinking mans considerate tough guy protector!

Im looking forward to what Kirkman sees going on all around the country and the world. Im sure he's got plans for that. WHat about NYC? or LA? Paris? Didnt anybody take over a cruise ship? or an apartment building?

anyway, I think this is a great series. Im not sorry I hadn't started earlier, just glad I finally read it.

and I won't be buying back issues. I actually read it all on Comixology...

Negan > Governor :sumo:

The Governor of Woodbury is still the best villian so far.

Since the Governor came 1st, Kirkman will have to go over the top and do a lot more evil stuff with Negan to put him over the Governor as the best villian.

Just like how movie sequels usually step up the violence to compensate for doing a similar story. I see really evil things coming from Negan in the future. 2c

My eyes!

:grin:

Negan > Governor :sumo:

The Governor of Woodbury is still the best villian so far.

Since the Governor came 1st, Kirkman will have to go over the top and do a lot more evil stuff with Negan to put him over the Governor as the best villian.

Just like how movie sequels usually step up the violence to compensate for doing a similar story. I see really evil things coming from Negan in the future. 2c

I have a feeling that much worse will come and the Gov will be nothing compared to this guy.

Edited by FIREFLY

This ebayer always seems like a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed, my personal opinion though.

This ebayer always seems like a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed, my personal opinion though.

What a frikkin tool. :doh:

Jim

If you moved the decimal two places over to the left, I'd like, totes buy it. :wishluck:

If I had that money I'd throw down for sure, not sure about $6k, but in that realm, especially for that particular page, I love Jesus.

Happen to know how much the OA for the page that Michonne was first shown in went for (you probably own it lol)? I would liken this to that if Jesus became that popular and pivotal, which I think he will.

Edited by roastedbagel

Why? It's not his first appearance.

Are you referring to the last page of #91?

Cause if you are I agree with you, but I've learned many people consider that his cameo, not appearance.

On the flip side, when it comes to a single piece of OA, technically the last page of #91 is the first time he's drawn on paper, so perhaps in the OA world, that would be the first appearance?

My god I'm confusing the mess outta myself. :insane:

That is laughable, but... I hope it sells, because I have 4 Jesus pages from the same issue. lol

That is laughable, but... I hope it sells, because I have 4 Jesus pages from the same issue. lol

wait! it comes with a copy of the issue! lol

((((Alert! "Cool story, bro." Moment coming))))

I hung out with Norman Reedus and Greg Nicotero last night at Diesel. Greg is an awesome dude, and a wealth of cool behind the scenes knowledge in the horror industry. Norman did not have his crossbow and girls think he is dreamy. For some reason he always looks sweaty. (((end of alert)))

Ok Nancy boy. How many guns did you fire today? ;)
It was a beautiful day out, just to admire things. A family of turkeys running about the property, a huge spiderweb made by the tiniest spider, etc (a trip through the country to the dump). Just couldn't bring myself to sight anything in after what happened. It was my version of flying the flags at half-mast. :(

My vote for boardie comments taken out of context meaning something completely different.

This is what I get for hanging out with 7 and 9 year old boys who use booger as a noun, verb and adjective.

My dream scenario is Maggie killing Negan with Lucille.

too predictable imho. and while carl killing him may seem a little predictable, i think it would really solidify carl as a badazz and the future leader of the book

Just curious, but does anyone think at some point Kirkman is gonna fast forward a chunk of time? Like 5-10 years, and we'll see Carl as a teenager or young adult and the story picks up from there (assuming no major event was skipped, or every major character is still intact)?

Or it may open with "After the death of so and so, things have been the same..."

Edited by roastedbagel