• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

I'm surprised that it took so long for Mark to start doing this. Chew has been doing this for what, since it came out? That would seem like the best way for the artist and rep to sell it for the most realistic price.

I personally want a pre-100 cover- just one, but with the several individuals who have been aggressively buying all the covers they lay their eyes on, it looks like it's going to be a while until me or anyone else can get one.

I'm surprised that it took so long for Mark to start doing this. Chew has been doing this for what, since it came out? That would seem like the best way for the artist and rep to sell it for the most realistic price.

I personally want a pre-100 cover- just one, but with the several individuals who have been aggressively buying all the covers they lay their eyes on, it looks like it's going to be a while until me or anyone else can get one.

Chew has been doing what now?

Chew has been doing what now?

I'm sorry... Chew is actually more "exclusive" isn't it? Isn't there actually a waiting list or something?

Yeah, there isn't any auction at all with CHEW. You just get on a waiting list. When they offer you the cover you either take it or your dont. It get's offered to the next person down the list. Pretty sure that's how it goes.

I just think its tough to swallow that the prices have gotten so inflated. These covers were going for $500-$1000 not too long ago -

Thats part of my logic why I think the WD price bubble will level off in a few years..Especially as more covers and more OA continue to get produced...

There was an auction for the trifold cover of #15 and you'll likely see another auction for issue 30. Otherwise it's a waiting list. Not many get flipped so I guess it's working.

There was an auction for the trifold cover of #15 and you'll likely see another auction for issue 30. Otherwise it's a waiting list. Not many get flipped so I guess it's working.

also the art and the comic are really at its infancy -- think back to when WD was at issue 30...

that was when it was good, i remember fondly :)

The good ole days. When you could actually tell who was who in each panel. I am still not sure who actually was killed off in issue 100 from just looking at the artwork. :)

In recent issues I had trouble distinguishing Glenn from Maggie. Just remember which one wears the ball cap lol.

Remind me again why there is such a clamor for the original art from this series? (shrug)

In recent issues I had trouble distinguishing Glenn from Maggie. Just remember which one wears the ball cap lol.

Remind me again why there is such a clamor for the original art from this series? (shrug)

because a lot of people love the series, not everyone agrees that that art is bad, and while some pages are rushed, a lot of pages look great to me.

Lemming mentality.