• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Am I the only one who absolutely hates teh Frank Quitely cover?

Granted I have never been a fan of his art since he turned the entire New X-Men run into geriatric looking asian people, but something about his style.....just.....BLAH!!!

Am I the only one who absolutely hates teh Frank Quitely cover?

Granted I have never been a fan of his art since he turned the entire New X-Men run into geriatric looking asian people, but something about his style.....just.....BLAH!!!

One of the most detailed covers in my opinion, A little odd sure, but not bad art..

Edited by Phillip

Why would they do this? Hershel's farm was the setting for season 2, a whopping three issues from the comic. Then they decide to cast aside the story up until the governor and say the hell with the 15 issues of the book in between?

I'm all about going on a different path, but at the same time it seems like they are rushing the story because they think they will lose viewers or something if the show becomes too slow. There's no reason they couldn't stay just a "little" more on track with the book.

Here's to hoping season three isn't a let down. I think I'm still a little disgruntled that they took a pun at Tyreese's character to include someone names "T-dog" who has a secondary role in the show.

Edited by Phillip

If they were worried about the show 'slowing' down, I don't think they would've dragged the story of searching for Sophia for 7 episodes last season :pullhair:

There are so many new characters this year that have significant places in the comics. I don't see them having the governor as a character for only one season. He should till at least next season if they truly intend on capturing his comic book persona. Say they end season 4 similar to how issue 48 ends, that's basically 4 tv seasons and 48 comics. Not too bad. Plus they can eat up time with the Dixon brothers and other characters they introduce that aren't in the comics.

I agree I don't want them to move too fast but I think they've done a good job of slowing it down for the most part.

If they were worried about the show 'slowing' down, I don't think they would've dragged the story of searching for Sophia for 7 episodes last season :pullhair:

There are so many new characters this year that have significant places in the comics. I don't see them having the governor as a character for only one season. He should till at least next season if they truly intend on capturing his comic book persona. Say they end season 4 similar to how issue 48 ends, that's basically 4 tv seasons and 48 comics. Not too bad. Plus they can eat up time with the Dixon brothers and other characters they introduce that aren't in the comics.

I agree I don't want them to move too fast but I think they've done a good job of slowing it down for the most part.

Sounds about right to me.

I don't mean to come off sounding like a pessimist, in fact I actually love the comic and the show. It can just be easy to degrade something if you're a big fan. I notice all the differences and highlight them where as if I take my biased-perspective glasses off, the art of the comic is "okay" (still not better than it use to be), and the writing of the show is still, in my opinion, better than most other shows on television.

Most TV or movie adaptations completely ruin things. I like how they've tried to keep it as close to the comics as they can. It would've been interesting to see the two kids from the comics get beheaded in the prison (forget the names or who's kids they were) on tv, but obviously that wouldn't get to air on AMC. It'll be interesting to see how they portray the governor vs. michonne, or if they even go down that road.

I'm a fan of the tv show - parts were slow, parts were unnecessary product placement - think lime green suv that Shane drove - yea right!, parts were super religious and awfully pointed toward Christ and Christian virtues, which is so annoying on its face when TV pushes those beliefs...but I digress -

Where else are you seeing sweet zombie action on a TV show?

Why would they do this? Hershel's farm was the setting for season 2, a whopping three issues from the comic. Then they decide to cast aside the story up until the governor and say the hell with the 15 issues of the book in between?

I'm all about going on a different path, but at the same time it seems like they are rushing the story because they think they will lose viewers or something if the show becomes too slow. There's no reason they couldn't stay just a "little" more on track with the book.

Here's to hoping season three isn't a let down. I think I'm still a little disgruntled that they took a pun at Tyreese's character to include someone names "T-dog" who has a secondary role in the show.

In the comics, most of the prison story until they met the governor involved characters that either aren't in the show (Tyrese and his daughter and her boyfriend) or haven't been introduced yet (The prisoners holed up in the cafeteria). I'm not even sure they will introduce Axl and the other inmates. If they don't, once the group gets inside the prison, there isn't much story from the original source material.

I don't think the show pushed Christian virtues. In fact, if anything, I thought the shoe critiques the determinism of certain Christian religions & was super critical of Hershel's religious opinions. Rick sat in that church asking for a sign & he didn't get one. At best I think the dynamic between Rick & Hershel illustrates the debate between religious & secular humanist world views.

I don't think the show pushed Christian virtues. In fact, if anything, I thought the shoe critiques the determinism of certain Christian religions & was super critical of Hershel's religious opinions. Rick sat in that church asking for a sign & he didn't get one. At best I think the dynamic between Rick & Hershel illustrates the debate between religious & secular humanist world views.

and Shane being baptized with the water? dialogue created with the intention of pushing the values

I don't get a pro-Christian vibe from the show at all.

Shane is also crazy and a murderer, so even if he is in fact baptizing himself, I don't think you're supposed to look to him as the show's moral compass.