• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

The cover to the second compendum is awesome (except for Michone, I don't like how she is pictured), but the rest of the cover is amazing.

Are they auctioning it off?

I don't know. I saw it in previews. I remember it took a while before the art from the first compendium was solicited. I'd just email who ever you deal with at Splash Page about an potential sale. In my opinion it is one of the best covers I've seen on any Walking Dead comic(s). Let me know what your opinion of it is. For the record, my only complaint about Michone is that I'm shallow Hal when it comes to women and prefer the starved look to a musculer build (plus I think her facial features are too hard), but that is how she's been drawn my lots of artists. She has the same look she had in the Phillips cover of WD 100.

She looks like rather androgonis at times. If she was always portrayed as such it wouldn't bother me, but as you indicate the various faces and body types gets annoying as hell. Come to think about it, none of the characters look remotely similar from arc to arc. I fear that I may be suffering from cross-racial-gender identification bias or I'm just happy to see her drawn as a sex symbol than not. Neither option is a good thing, but at least I'm conscious of it.

Edited by Nico Esq

take for instance, the sean phillips cover. i love the color, but michonne looks like benicio del toro.

walking dead #94 image expo makes her look much more sexy, except it looks like she broke her nose at one point.

I wonder if they are trying to show her age? Carl hasn't aged with haste, but Michonne has been looking worse and worse as the series progressed. The way Tony Moore drew her on the cover of Walking Dead 19 is how I picture her body in my mind and I've always pictured the African American female character in True Blood is how I picture her face (probably b/c there were so many rumors about her taking the role and True Blood killing off Tara (the name of the actress escapes me but you know the character).

I wonder if they are trying to show her age? Carl hasn't aged with haste, but Michonne has been looking worse and worse as the series progressed. The way Tony Moore drew her on the cover of Walking Dead 19 is how I picture her body in my mind and I've always pictured the African American female character in True Blood is how I picture her face (probably b/c there were so many rumors about her taking the role and True Blood killing off Tara (the name of the actress escapes me but you know the character).

much as i like adlard, i think he just doesn't draw her that well (phillips too). i mean, there's probably 10 different looks for her. but yeah, WD 19 is her best look, and a damn fine look too.

Edited by Hawkman

I just got this WD 100 box in the mail. Thought I would flip it but I'm kind of digging this little screenprint, here's a crappy iphone pic.

twd100screenprint.jpg

Also included the Escape variant which I'm not sure was mentioned.

Comics Pro Cover for #81 in background and the rick drawing from the wrap around 100 cover?

Correct..kinda wish it was something new for $250

Another quick cash grab..god bless Kirkman (worship)

Just found out one of my Walking Dead Comixology 100s got a 9.9!

Pretty jacked about that one!

JJ

Nice! You should do pretty well on that one if you sell.

Just found out one of my Walking Dead Comixology 100s got a 9.9!

Pretty jacked about that one!

JJ

:applause: Touched by an Angel!!