• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

New lottery scam update: 8, 21, 26, 31, 46, 47, 50, 51, 60, 64, 77, 80, 80 variant, 84, 89, 97, Image Firsts #1

So some people on the board thinks he isn't actually scamming? Or just giving him the benefit of the doubt?

I am willing to bet money that not a single key issue or issue before #7 are received by anyone.

^ We're still in awe that this listing is 'legal' by ebay standards :eyeroll:

Jerome

It's clearly not legal, even by eBay standards. They clearly state that "items of chance" are strictly illegal, but the truth of the matter is that they really don't give a SH I T about their customers.

I reported him to eBay as soon as it was put up. I know at least one other person did as well. They did nothing. Roastedbagel and I are just curious about what people actually received.

His feedback is 100%. One guy who wrote me back about the image firsts #1 said and I quote "The first one I got was the image firsts #1, which was really cool".

Yea its clear eBay doesn't give a hoot cause multiple people have reported him as Rosen said, as it clearly goes against their policies, but its been up for a while and has sold almost 30 of them.

Issue 8 is the only one that comes close to the $30 price tag.

Questions / Answers

Why doesn't eBay care?

Because they still make their money from the fees and this seller's customers seem happy.

Why all the energy put into contacting ebay / the winners?

Jealousy.

Because the seller is making more money on a raw #60 than others.

How to get him to quit.

Undercut just like Walmart.

Use the same formula and offer free shipping or set a price of $25 per book.

Is this type of sale honest?

No, but why worry that the Average Joe doesn't pay too much for a comic when we have to spend so much time making sure we don't.

Questions / Answers

Why doesn't eBay care?

Because they still make their money from the fees and this seller's customers seem happy.

Jealousy.

How to get him to quit.

No, but why worry that the Average Joe doesn't pay too much for a comic when we have to spend so much time making sure we don't.

I already stated that I'm actually a bit intrigued, legal or not, and may buy into this thing after learning what everyone is getting. That's my main motivation for contacting the winners, see what issues have been sent out. If 80 issues get sent all non key, if the guy is genuine in sending out key issues, then process of elimination would dictate I have a chance at scoring a great book for $30.

Questions / Answers

Why doesn't eBay care?

Jealousy.

How to get him to quit.

I already stated that I'm actually a bit intrigued, legal or not, and may buy into this thing after learning what everyone is getting. That's my main motivation for contacting the winners, see what issues have been sent out. If 80 issues get sent all non key, if the guy is genuine in sending out key issues, then process of elimination would dictate I have a chance at scoring a great book for $30.

You are wasting your time.

What's stopping him from having a friend bid on one of them, and then leaving BS feedback about how he received a Walking Dead #1...?

Use some common sense here.

Edited by jjeanius

Questions / Answers

Why doesn't eBay care?

Jealousy.

How to get him to quit.

You are wasting your time.

+1. That's the whole point of my interest. I told bagel that it's a scam.

And I'm not putting time in because i'm jealous of him ripping people off :facepalm: It's part curiosity and it's part trying to convince a friend he's stupid for considering purchasing one. I've put all of 20 minutes into contacting the other winners. I have no interest in undercutting him and trying to do this myself. Some of us actually collect the comics and aren't concerned about what they are selling for.

I reported him to eBay as soon as it was put up. I know at least one other person did as well. They did nothing. Roastedbagel and I are just curious about what people actually received.

His feedback is 100%. One guy who wrote me back about the image firsts #1 said and I quote "The first one I got was the image firsts #1, which was really cool".

ebay won't pull this listing, but they pulled my listing of batman incorporated #3 because of the colorado tragedy, yet they didn't pull a bunch of other listings for the book. what a joke.

ebay won't pull this listing, but they pulled my listing of batman incorporated #3 because of the colorado tragedy, yet they didn't pull a bunch of other listings for the book. what a joke.

:o