• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Image should take the hit on this one, not Diamond, not Rick and not the consumers :sumo:

Image should refund Diamond's costs of the canceled orders from the LCS's. Image is the only one at fault here imo.

Jerome

Edited by jump_ace

Just to knock this in another direction - what was the number of #35 misprints?

Thats the one where the last page was duplicated,I think?

Is it worth more on the open market due to this or is it a *meh* kinda thing?

Image should take the hit on this one, not Diamond, not Rick and not the consumers :sumo:

Image should refund Diamond's costs of the canceled orders from the LCS's. Image is the only one at fault here imo.

Jerome

This.

Just to knock this in another direction - what was the number of #35 misprints?

Thats the one where the last page was duplicated,I think?

Is it worth more on the open market due to this or is it a *meh* kinda thing?

There's about 900 apparently. Only like 4 graded. The only 2 cgc 9.6's in existence both sold on eBay last month for $330 each

Never once did blame Rick, he is a great guy!

I'll be the first to admit that I assumed too much, and have edited my post to reflect that. :foryou:

You did underline/emphasize the world "thought" when speaking of Rick like he did something wrong. That was my only issue.

Jim

My issue as well. What was Rick supposed to do with multiple copies of Spawn 222? Which is what was ordered. I can tell you the Spawn market isn't exactly rocking here.

So did Image or Diamond have like an official statement yet in regards to this last second cover swap? I am thinking that there will be a big enough uproar over this that they will have to take care of the customers in some manner.

So did Image or Diamond have like an official statement yet in regards to this last second cover swap? I am thinking that there will be a big enough uproar over this that they will have to take care of the customers in some manner.

One good thing...the unannounced chase variant! (one seller on Ebay is saying that this is limited to 400 copies,anybody know for sure?) This book is smokin' hot and any dealer that ordered a decent amount of quantity on this issue should be able to make up for the inconvenience. We presold alot of copies of the original that we thought was going to be the Walking Dead version and only 1 person out of over 30+ didn't want to wait until next month. They all understood this was something we dealers had no control over.

I thought I read somewhere it was a 1:25 but could be way off. Midtown priced it at $35 and they usually price close to how it runs. 1:10 is usually $10-15, 1:25 is usually $25-30, etc. I am completely speculating on that as I have no real idea what i'm talking about.

Jerome

It's an interesting case from a legal class action perspective. On the one hand there appears to have been fraudulent concealment of the cover and misrepresentations that were detrimentally relied upon. On the other hand, what are the real damages, you got a book it just didn't have the gimick cover. At the end of the day, like this just hurts customers and retailers and retailers relationships with their customers. Neither party can afford the loss. Image and Diamond both can afford the loss and both have failed to do the honorable thing thus far and make the book returnable. We'll see how this all shakes out, but I'm guessing that either Image or Diamond will step up and do the right thing.

The sketch was the 1 in 25 for spawn 222.

I have the chase cover, from a store that only got 15 copies, paid cover price, so there was no ratio that I know. Maybe one per account perhaps.

I'll try to get to the bottom of it tomorrow.

That's what I thought until Bleeding Cool listed an incentive. Usually they get it right and have an inside track on regional variants. I didn't know if there was a regional variant out there?

The sketch was the 1 in 25 for spawn 222.

I have the chase cover, from a store that only got 15 copies, paid cover price, so there was no ratio that I know. Maybe one per account perhaps.

I'll try to get to the bottom of it tomorrow.

I vote for a new nickname. Instead of Beachbum (BB) how about 'Double D' (Detective Dre).