• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Yeah, I don't know. I saw the grades when they said graded and then was waiting because it said grades aren't final till it says finalized or something like that but it never changed from graded until I went on one morning and it said 'shipped' and I got them in mail an hour later. And I was checking daily.

Who knows. I'd rather have them grading and not worrying about updating the website.

Edited by HugeRosen

Good luck waiting on that. I received my last shipment before they updated the site to say 'shipped/safe'. It was stuck on 'graded' for days. Never even said it was 'encapsulated'.

Considering there's no "encapsulated" status message, you would have been waiting on that one for quite a while :gossip:

I was reading this part on the website "Grades are available online once the books are marked with the status “Encapsulation"

My grades were available when it said 'Graded' but I never got to that "Encapsulation" status.

It's a mistake - it should say "Graded" instead of "Encapsulation".

It goes from Received to Verified to Scheduled For Grading to Graded to Shipped/Safe.

Just like Jeff mentioned, when the online status says "Scheduled For Grading", your books have most likely been graded, but haven't been finalized (which means you can get the grades over the phone or through email). It's not until the books reach Shipped/Safe that the grades are considered final.

Good luck waiting on that. I received my last shipment before they updated the site to say 'shipped/safe'. It was stuck on 'graded' for days. Never even said it was 'encapsulated'.

Considering there's no "encapsulated" status message, you would have been waiting on that one for quite a while :gossip:

I was reading this part on the website "Grades are available online once the books are marked with the status “Encapsulation"

My grades were available when it said 'Graded' but I never got to that "Encapsulation" status.

It's a mistake - it should say "Graded" instead of "Encapsulation".

It goes from Received to Verified to Scheduled For Grading to Graded to Shipped/Safe.

Just like Jeff mentioned, when the online status says "Scheduled For Grading", your books have most likely been graded, but haven't been finalized (which means you can get the grades over the phone or through email). It's not until the books reach Shipped/Safe that the grades are considered final.

Cool. Thanks for the info! (thumbs u That was my first online submission so it's all new to me

Can anyone here with a GPA subscription tell me what the fair market value is on WD #78 variant (the one with the real picture of zombies at a fence, believe it was associated with the premier of the television show)?

I'd like to buy one, but something in my gut is telling me it's not a $70-$100 book which is what they sell for on eBay (who knows, maybe it is). I just thought this was one of the ones on eBay that just sells for a high price in general.

I'd love to purchase this to help close out my entire run (almost), and this is the last one aside from the #100 variants eluding me (and the #33 2nd print, but that's another story). I'll also probably post in the WTB section after learning the price so if anyone has one to sell, keep your eyes peeled :)

Thanks in advance!

Just for clarification - what grade would most consider VF and what would people describe as NM being?

Just for clarification - what grade would most consider VF and what would people describe as NM being?

8.5 is VF/VF+.

9.0 is VF+/NM-

9.2 is NM-/NM

9.4 is NM

9.6 is NM/NM+

9.8 is NM+

9.9 is NM+/MINT

10 is MINT

IMO

Edited by Hawkman

8.5 is VF/VF+.

9.0 is VF+/NM-

9.2 is NM-/NM

9.4 is NM

9.6 is NM/NM+

9.8 is NM+

9.9 is NM+/MINT

10 is MINT

IMO

Really? Why the need to change a grading scale that's a set standard in this hobby?

This is the uniform standard for decades

10.0 Gem Mint

9.9 Mint

9.8 Near Mint/Mint

9.6 Near Mint +

9.4 Near Mint

9.2 Near Mint -

9.0 Very Fine/Near Mint

8.5 Very Fine +

8.0 Very Fine

7.5 Very Fine -

7.0 Fine/Very Fine

6.5 Fine +

6.0 Fine

5.5 Fine -

5.0 Very Good/Fine

4.5 Very Good +

4.0 Very Good

3.5 Very Good -

3.0 Good/Very Good

2.5 Good +

2.0 Good

1.8 Good -

1.5 Fair/Good

1.0 Fair

.5 Poor

8.5 is VF/VF+.

9.0 is VF+/NM-

9.2 is NM-/NM

9.4 is NM

9.6 is NM/NM+

9.8 is NM+

9.9 is NM+/MINT

10 is MINT

IMO

Really? Why the need to change a grading scale that's a set standard in this hobby?

i'm not changing anything...that's just what i've always gone by myself, and looking at nico's post, i'm basically spot on.

apparently you missed the "IMO" part of my post.

Edited by Hawkman