• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

I gave up on this after #50 where it was revealed it was a big alien invasion. I thought that was taking the cheap way out. That really ruined the whole book for me. Here they had this great story...and then caved to the cheesiness. I hope they don't go the alien invasion route with the TV show, but I am sure they will. :(

the_walking_dead_50_variant.jpg

:facepalm:

anyone see that photobucket was hacked ;x apparently 8000 "real" womens private photos were erm...made public.

lol google search reddit photobucket for link....NOT SAFE FOR WORK ;)

actually, here it is on gawker....god I love the internet.

http://gawker.com/

3rd edit - I am praying to see a girl I know or dated...that would make my month.

4th edit - I know this is way way off topic, but its awesome, no?

Edited by Jerry S

anyone see that photobucket was hacked ;x apparently 8000 "real" womens private photos were erm...made public.

lol google search reddit photobucket for link....NOT SAFE FOR WORK ;)

actually, here it is on gawker....god I love the internet.

http://gawker.com/

3rd edit - I am praying to see a girl I know or dated...that would make my month.

4th edit - I know this is way way off topic, but its awesome, no?

+1 (thumbs u

What is with that black and red comic next to the #1, what is that all about? :shrug:

EDIT: looks to be a hardback of some kind?

And yea, thats a cool set.

Jerome

Edited by jump_ace

From Diamond Comics today........

To our retail partners –

Last month, Image Comics released the 100th issue of The Walking Dead to near-universal acclaim and the biggest first week sales of a single comic book since 1997.

We couldn't have done that without you.

When Robert Kirkman first launched The Walking Dead in 2003, orders were under 10,000. In fact, they were just a hair over 7,000. But we sold out immediately and within a few months, sales were moving upwards. Better still, thanks to your enthusiasm and support, sales have kept moving upwards – if not every month, then most months – and today, The Walking Dead is being ordered in quantities almost 10 times that of the first issue.

That's a true success story – not just for Robert Kirkman and Image Comics, but for the entire Direct Market.

Everyone at Image, as well as Robert's Skybound imprint, is incredibly appreciative of your hard work and support. We wouldn't be here without you – this industry wouldn't be here without you – and while we may not say it nearly often enough, we are eternally grateful for everything you do.

With that in mind, we're sending you a special limited edition variant for The Walking Dead #100, signed by Robert, and featuring the now infamous Lucille. This is one of the rarest of all the variants for issue #100 and will not be available for order, and it's our hope that it helps to convey our gratitude for your business and your continued support.

So again, from Robert Kirkman, Charlie Adlard, everyone at Skybound Entertainment and Image Comics, and myself – THANK YOU.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics

Apparently there are only 500 being distributed.

NOT every Diamond acct is getting one.

per a post on CBIA:

The formula was Top 100 orders and the top 400 greatest percentage changes to their regular number.

Edited by LarrysComics

I gave up on this after #50 where it was revealed it was a big alien invasion. I thought that was taking the cheap way out. That really ruined the whole book for me. Here they had this great story...and then caved to the cheesiness. I hope they don't go the alien invasion route with the TV show, but I am sure they will. :(

you're joking right? SMH if you're not.

From Diamond Comics today........

To our retail partners –

Last month, Image Comics released the 100th issue of The Walking Dead to near-universal acclaim and the biggest first week sales of a single comic book since 1997.

We couldn't have done that without you.

When Robert Kirkman first launched The Walking Dead in 2003, orders were under 10,000. In fact, they were just a hair over 7,000. But we sold out immediately and within a few months, sales were moving upwards. Better still, thanks to your enthusiasm and support, sales have kept moving upwards – if not every month, then most months – and today, The Walking Dead is being ordered in quantities almost 10 times that of the first issue.

That's a true success story – not just for Robert Kirkman and Image Comics, but for the entire Direct Market.

Everyone at Image, as well as Robert's Skybound imprint, is incredibly appreciative of your hard work and support. We wouldn't be here without you – this industry wouldn't be here without you – and while we may not say it nearly often enough, we are eternally grateful for everything you do.

With that in mind, we're sending you a special limited edition variant for The Walking Dead #100, signed by Robert, and featuring the now infamous Lucille. This is one of the rarest of all the variants for issue #100 and will not be available for order, and it's our hope that it helps to convey our gratitude for your business and your continued support.

So again, from Robert Kirkman, Charlie Adlard, everyone at Skybound Entertainment and Image Comics, and myself – THANK YOU.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics

So this would be another green label WD 100 issue :eyeroll: 'Thanks for nothing' comes to mind.

Jerome

you're joking right? SMH if you're not.

:whistle:

Please for the love of god NOBODY spend that $750 the eBay insufficiently_thoughtful_person is asking for. If you do I officially quit collecting this series and will move back to trades.

:popcorn:

“Kirkman Is A Proud Liar And Fraudster” – The Walking Dead Lawsuit Marches On

Bleeding Cool article links a new Complaint for Declaratory Judgement filed on August 7, 2012.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/08/08/kirkman-is-a-proud-liar-and-fraudster-the-walking-dead-lawsuit-marches-on/

:sorry: kinda sad what money can do to friends