• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

I wish gas prices would fall faster than the raw/CGC value of the Walking Dead #100 1:200 sketch variant.

Book is complete junk! :mad:

What are these selling for now?

If people get 9.8's they might just be getting their money back.

Trust me I know.....

It is not junk, but the value is really falling fast.

I should have known better with that high print run, and honestly I am not impressed with any of the covers so far.

The Ottley cover is okay I guess.

I hope to make at least some profit if not just my money back :sorry:

If you paid over $200.00 for the book.....yes you just lost money.

This variant lost is value in less than a month.

This book next year will barely be trading at $50.00 raw on eBay.

I wish gas prices would fall faster than the raw/CGC value of the Walking Dead #100 1:200 sketch variant.

Trust me I know.....

I should have known better with that high print run, and honestly I am not impressed with any of the covers so far.

:tonofbricks:

I stuck to my guns and didn't order / purchase a single copy of #100 1st print or the variants...but I will be getting the 2nd print...

(worship)

Ha!

I had to since I said on these boards that I wouldn't and my friends here would have called me out if I didn't back up my tough nerd talk.

Good thing I sold all my copies of the 1:200 then instead of even holding onto one for myself.

I am kind of burned out on WD at this point. I think I will just snag a few more keys as 9.8 Sig Series books and be done with it.

Still gonna flip some WD books here and there but I think it is time to move onto some SA books or pre-code horror goodness.

Trust me I know.....

This whole thread makes me nostalgic....it's the greatest hits of 1993 all over again.

I remember all too well the lessons of the early-mid-90's.

If everyone knows it's "hot" in enough time for the advance pre-order...it won't be hot for long...or at all.

But who made the bigger % of profit / amount of $ profit?

You can't think about these things UNLESS it is someone who tried to get a deal using fandom and then flips it.

The first guy made the bigger profit. More power to both of them. Just surprised someone bought it and is flipping it so fast.

I stuck to my guns and didn't order / purchase a single copy of #100 1st print or the variants...but I will be getting the 2nd print...

Bought one for my daughter and I to read the day it came out and have no idea where it is now. Almost bought a couple of cheap raw Escapes to submit onside in Chicago this past weekend, but I'm going to try and go my entire life without ever selling a copy of #100 :wishluck:

Jim

Odd, but look what I found :o

982.jpg

"Created by Afrodisiac writer/artist Jim Rugg for The Ghost, The Walking Dead #101 Ghost Variant cover is unlike any WD cover to date. It features fan-fave Michonne wielding her trusty sword in a ultra-cool retro 70′s motif. It is only being offered by a very small group of retailers across the US and Canada."

Great....more variant covers