• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

I'm sure it doesn't give away the story. It can go so many different ways. I'm just glad there's finally a cover that looks like some time and effort was actually put into it instead of a shadowy sketch with giant 'FEAR' taking up the 1/2 the page.

Kirkman has said a couple of times that if something seems obvious, they probably won't do it. I refuse to believe they would telegraph Rick's death by releasing a spoiler cover that far in advance. Not saying he won't bite it some time soon, but not in 103!

Also, the solicitation for 104 says

"If you won't handle this... I will" - sounds like a disagreement between father and son as to the way forward to me!

Issue #104: there's a new sherrif in town

oRcQS.jpg

not that anyone asked but...proportions are ridic...at least its an attempt at a good cover -- i like parts of it but i cant get over the proportions.. 2c

oRcQS.jpg

not that anyone asked but...proportions are ridic...at least its an attempt at a good cover -- i like parts of it but i cant get over the proportions.. 2c

The head and the hat do not match up at all. Either he has a giant tumor or he's a conehead.

id rather operate in person - cash in hand - but do it smart people - like with an intermediary in a public location like a library with cameras!!

If we do a face-to-face transaction for that amount of money in cash it will be in a bank so they can check each bill AND probably take one of my police buddies along as well!!!

Is posting a cover a spoiler?

LOLZ

Spoiler Alert - Snape killed Dumbledore

Yea have you seen the menopausal hostility on these boards lately? My luck I'd post the cover and people would go bananas cause "they weren't supposed to know Carl learned how to hold an automatic weapon". :jokealert:

So I'd rather err on the side of covering it in case people didn't wanna see it unannounced, rather than that one person going berserk and calling me a cheating SS insider communist....or something.

Haven't seen anyone mention the new book coming out "The Road to Woodbury."

From Amazon:

"The zombie plague unleashes its horrors on the suburbs of Atlanta without warning, pitting the living against the dead. Caught in the mass exodus, Lilly Caul struggles to survive in a series of ragtag encampments and improvised shelters. But the Walkers are multiplying. Dogged by their feral hunger for flesh and crippled by fear, Lilly relies on the protection of good Samaritans by seeking refuge in a walled-in town once known as Woodbury, Georgia.

At first, Woodbury seems like a perfect sanctuary. Squatters barter services for food, people have roofs over their heads, and the barricade expands, growing stronger every day. Best of all, a mysterious self-proclaimed leader named Philip Blake keeps the citizens in line. But Lilly begins to suspect that all is not as it seems. . . . Blake, who has recently begun to call himself The Governor, has disturbing ideas about law and order.

Ultimately, Lilly and a band of rebels open up a Pandora’s box of mayhem and destruction when they challenge The Governor’s reign . . . and the road to Woodbury becomes the highway to hell in this riveting follow-up to the New York Times bestselling The Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor."

So.....What...Are you too good to start a new thread or something?

This is new thread material if I ever saw one.

I was just about to start a "Walking Dead #200" thread just to call dibs since we're obviously starting a new thread for every issue. lol

oRcQS.jpg

The head and the hat do not match up at all. Either he has a giant tumor or he's a conehead.

The pistol grip on a rifle is roughly the same size as on a handgun.

Carl's been handling one of those since the first storyline.

Now he's shrunk down to this size. Ugh!

So let me do a cover review.... Starting with 97, we have a half cover, with partial figure, NO background. 98, half cover, partial figure NO background. 99, half cover, partial figure NO background. Normal 100, half cover, partial figure NO background. 101, half cover, partial figure NO background. 102, half cover, partial figure NO background. 103, two smallish figures, NO background. 104, one figure, NO background.

This is really beginning to get to me. Even the second prints, and retailer "thank you's" are total b.s. covers. Only decent cover adlard has done in the last 10 covers is the wrap around cover for 100.

the wrap cover IMHO, was one of the best from the series... He's been cranking out issues like crazy non-stop, has been on the press circuit and is probably a little tired. Cut the guy some slack... I actually think that while the covers have been OK, the interiors have gotten a little better. 100 and 101 were pretty detailed. If you have the stomach, look back at that meeting between Lucille and Glen.

I haven't been that affected by a comic in a while. That's great art/visual storytelling.

Edited by ComicsNYC22

NOOB ALERT!!!!

Hey everybody, first time here and I have no idea how I got here but after reading some posts, I'm glad I found this place.

Well my question to you all is, idk if there already is a topic for this but what online shops do you guys use to buy TWD comics? (Besides Ebay)

Comic Oasis drives me insane with how their sites work.

Midtown comics is disappointing.

WTTB

Not many out there that have back issues of WD comics. Check out the for sale section on here for good prices (most of the time) or post in the want to buy section what you are looking for. Best place to find good deals and truthful people.

mycomicshop.com has things from time to time

milehighcomics has them for about 400% above value but they usually have 40% off codes that bring the price down to only about 200% of value

NOOB ALERT!!!!

Hey everybody, first time here and I have no idea how I got here but after reading some posts, I'm glad I found this place.

Well my question to you all is, idk if there already is a topic for this but what online shops do you guys use to buy TWD comics? (Besides Ebay)

Comic Oasis drives me insane with how their sites work.

Midtown comics is disappointing.

yeah, post in the WTB forum. I've got some books i'm selling/gonna sell...i might be able to help you...or try forum member branget

Edited by Hawkman

the wrap cover IMHO, was one of the best from the series... He's been cranking out issues like crazy non-stop, has been on the press circuit and is probably a little tired. Cut the guy some slack... I actually think that while the covers have been OK, the interiors have gotten a little better. 100 and 101 were pretty detailed. If you have the stomach, look back at that meeting between Lucille and Glen.

I haven't been that affected by a comic in a while. That's great art/visual storytelling.

I agree, the wraparound cover was one of the best from the series!

However, Look at the zombie in issue 101 and compare it to any zombie pre issue 60 and tell me it looks like it was drawn with 10% of the effort. This is only one example.

:)

on a side note, I almost died laughing at Abraham's death. I'm sorry I had to say it. For a death page of a very well liked character I thought it was appalling!

I've been making an art database of all published art from the series, and just stopped at issue 98 because I really don't care anymore about the new stuff. Love the old, embrace the new with skepticism.

Edited by Phillip

It's interesting how carl looks taller. It seems like kirkman is trying to age him a little. It won't be long before he will have an eye patch be in his early 20's and have some serious anger issues. Maybe kirky is going to have him slowly turn into a governor type. I will say that #101 is the first time that i can remember ever really liking Carl as a character. He's being spotlighted more for a reason i think. Rick's days are numbered.

oRcQS.jpg

Forget the proportions...where is the buffer tube for this thing to fire effectively anyway :kidaround:

It's interesting how carl looks taller. It seems like kirkman is trying to age him a little. It won't be long before he will have an eye patch be in his early 20's and have some serious anger issues. Maybe kirky is going to have him slowly turn into a governor type. I will say that #101 is the first time that i can remember ever really liking Carl as a character. He's being spotlighted more for a reason i think. Rick's days are numbered.

I don't know if that cover "ages" him effectively.

The average length of an M4/M16 rifle is about 40 inches. Comparing that against Carl relative size to that rifle on the cover Carl's just slightly taller than that gun is long.

The proportion just seems way off and his hands freakishly small.