• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

I mentioned this in the for sale section, but figured I'd mention it here too. I just listed my Walking Dead Escape CGC 9.9 Variant cover up on ebay here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Walking-Dead-100-SDCC-Escape-Variant-CGC-9-9-MINT-EVAC-PASS-Kirkman-AMC-/160866796107?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item257468824b

Mark Hay

Comic Asylum & Splash Page Comic Art

dde76cca.jpg

8, 33 36 (if anyone knows who has 36 I would be interested in knowing, would love an opportunity to buy it), 38 (which I sold like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person), 55, 69, 82, and 90....

also - in other news --

I know its been a week or two - I wanted to give an update about the production art --

I spoke with John and he said he could just ship everyone whatever they wanted directly so you can actually cut me out as the middleman completely - which I am happy to be cut out of to be honest lol -- shoot him an email (he may even have other pages I didn't know about - or other artwork you are interested in..)

watkissart[at]yahoo.com

I am going to PM this to everyone else too --- you should be able to grab the image that you wanted and let him know so he will reserve it for you!

Jerry

Hey Guys,

I know, I should probably let sleeping dogs lie, but hey I'm a glutton for punishment I suppose.

First off George, thank you for cutting me some slack and defending me. Sorry for the drama this has caused.

In the future I will only post non selling information in this part of the forum, but to be fair, you all have a double standard here, and not a very nice way of educating people when they stray if they aren't in your clique.

So posting for sale info is a no no, but soliciting a board member to sell you something is OK, is that correct Brendan?

If any board member may be interested in helping out a fellow board member with selling near cost + shipping an extra copy you got let me know. I will owe you a favor and can always help in regards to getting stuff signed and Sig Series later on down the road at any midwest comic con I am at.

AND posting a for sale link to a sale is ok, as long as it isn't your own link, and it helps the board members get a deal on something, right?

BeachBum posted:

Loc: Stay 9.8 thirsty my friends.

Anyone going to call Main Street Comics and see how many they have?

Their phone number is listed in their auction:

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/Walking-Dead-101-Ghost-Variant-Cover-70s-Retro-Style-Michonne-RARE-Exclusive-/170896083668?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item27ca334ad4

And pimping art sales is totally cool as long as it doesn't belong to Charlie Adlard, whose art some of the board members criticize now that they can't buy it cheap and resell it for 5 times what they paid.

8, 33 36 (if anyone knows who has 36 I would be interested in knowing, would love an opportunity to buy it), 38 (which I sold like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person), 55, 69, 82, and 90....

also - in other news --

I know its been a week or two - I wanted to give an update about the production art --

I spoke with John and he said he could just ship everyone whatever they wanted directly so you can actually cut me out as the middleman completely - which I am happy to be cut out of to be honest lol -- shoot him an email (he may even have other pages I didn't know about - or other artwork you are interested in..)

watkissart[at]yahoo.com

I am going to PM this to everyone else too --- you should be able to grab the image that you wanted and let him know so he will reserve it for you!

Jerry

OK I think I'm clear on the rules here now. Thanks

Hugs and Kisses,

Mark Hay, yes, that guy who has spammed the board at least 1-3 times apparently if you count trying to inform people of that CGC signing opportunity.

Edited by splashpage

my 14 year old son reads the walking dead. I got him interested with the compendium and he's read it single issue form since. He loves the show. I hand him 101 yesterday and he said nah. I told him to take it and read it when he gets a chance as I thought he said no as he was going to sleep.

he told me no thanks again, I said why. He says the book has been terrible for a while and he's done with it.

OMG ... that's so sad ... I got my younger brother interested in the book and he's happy with the quality of the storyline, etc., but he read issues 1 through 100 in one sitting. I think there would be less complaints if the issues were longer and/or people trade waited. I may be wrong about this. What does everyone else think?

my 14 year old son reads the walking dead. I got him interested with the compendium and he's read it single issue form since. He loves the show. I hand him 101 yesterday and he said nah. I told him to take it and read it when he gets a chance as I thought he said no as he was going to sleep.

he told me no thanks again, I said why. He says the book has been terrible for a while and he's done with it.

Yup, that sounds pretty grim for a future TWD funnybook audience in the Pirate household. I haven't went out of my way to pick up a #101 yet myself. I guess I'm just sick of being dragged through the mud with this series. Sick of the brutal violence, gory deaths and lack of hope myself. I read these things to see good triumph over evil at least arc to arc, not the way Kirkman writes. This whole book has become some kind of joyless mess that doesn't really know what to do with it's main characters anymore. It gets pretty bad when I root for a Negan to show up and get things going in the right direction, but that's like enjoying watching Jason hack into campers who cannot act and annoy you. Not being a Friday The 13th fan, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna take a break from this floppy too. Which is no big deal, it's only $3 anyway.

Yup, that sounds pretty grim for a future TWD funnybook audience in the Pirate household. I haven't went out of my way to pick up a #101 yet myself. I guess I'm just sick of being dragged through the mud with this series. Sick of the brutal violence, gory deaths and lack of hope myself. I read these things to see good triumph over evil at least arc to arc, not the way Kirkman writes. This whole book has become some kind of joyless mess that doesn't really know what to do with it's main characters anymore. It gets pretty bad when I root for a Negan to show up and get things going in the right direction, but that's like enjoying watching Jason hack into campers who cannot act and annoy you. Not being a Friday The 13th fan, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna take a break from this floppy too. Which is no big deal, it's only $3 anyway.

But thats the appeal of the book. It isnt about the good guys always winning. Its about surviving. Living another day. Thats winning in this book.

Apples to sad, sad oranges Mark..posting a direct link to your ebay auction, and posting information about an artist to sell his work (where I am not making a penny profit) isn't really comparable..

It doesnt matter much but I was actually privately asked by more than one boardie about where I got the story-boards from (before I told anyone I could get more) -- and from that, I had the idea to do fellow members a favor by trying to get more boards for more people --

Once that became a bit of an annoyance for me to have to ship things to a bunch of different people (as this was now the 2nd round of boards, so to speak) - I spoke with the artist who agreed that I can put his contact info on the board to let people email as they wanted..

I believe to have been pimped, there would be some financial gain by me..and as much fun as that profession may be - I enjoy my day job..

And also for the record - I never chimed in on your ebay post - personally, I think a rule about self-promotion is kinda stupid -- especially if the post relates to WD content..

I also tend to think that you get a lot more by being nice Mark...no need to throw words around like calling me a pimp..

Jerry

But thats the appeal of the book. It isnt about the good guys always winning. Its about surviving. Living another day. Thats winning in this book.

I get the survival thing, but...

There really has been no "good guy" situations in this book since issue #48. rantrant

But hey, that's just my opinion. I no longer want to purchase this product anymore. Over 50 issues later and nuthin' major to talk about other than "beloved" character's mishaps or deaths. 2c

I don't know if the majority of complaints revolve around the good guys not winning enough.

Most complaints revolve around the watering down and drawing out of story lines.

The first 48 flew by...the second 48 could have been told in 24 or less.

I don't mind it being about survival, I mind having it feel like I survived it when I'm done instead of enjoying the narrative.

I don't know if the majority of complaints revolve around the good guys not winning enough.

Most complaints revolve around the watering down and drawing out of story lines.

The first 48 flew by...the second 48 could have been told in 24 or less.

I don't mind it being about survival, I mind having it feel like I survived it when I'm done instead of enjoying the narrative.

I think one thing is for sure, we need more zombie action!

There really has been no "good guy" situations in this book since issue #48. rantrant

But hey, that's just my opinion. I no longer want to purchase this product anymore. Over 50 issues later and nuthin' major to talk about other than "beloved" character's mishaps or deaths. 2c

I did enjoy the end of "The Hunters" arc. But I think the problem is that #48 was the climax of such a great story that if it were to have ended there, that would have been ok. Topping the "What the heck" moment from 48 is darn near impossible...maybe Carl turning into Nick Fury was close.

It's like getting to have sex with Kate Upton. After that, sure, other sex is good, but nothing could compare to what you've already had.

I did enjoy the end of "The Hunters" arc. But I think the problem is that #48 was the climax of such a great story that if it were to have ended there, that would have been ok. Topping the "What the heck" moment from 48 is darn near impossible...maybe Carl turning into Nick Fury was close.

It's like getting to have sex with Kate Upton. After that, sure, other sex is good, but nothing could compare to what you've already had.

Makes you wonder if this thing wasn't creator owned would Bob Kirkman still be writing it. Yes, I didn't mind the winding down issues after #48, Michonne returning, meeting some more folks (Abraham, Eugene, Rosita etc), some action, but really the writing has felt that way all the way up to #100. zzz

lolThis thread was started around issue #54 and the majority of it has been reliving the excitement of issues before it.

lolThis thread was started around issue #54 and the majority of it has been reliving the excitement of issues before it.

It's actually the 2nd WD thread, and it started between issues 48 and 49, since the major arc finished. It wasn't big back then, but there was a group of us talking back during the 1st 1/2 of the series too. But yes, there is always talk about how great the book was up until #48. (thumbs u

As for the selling of stuff and posting it here. Your not suppose to. Some people will call you on it. Some let it go. The crafty ones simply PM a friend to bring up their auction as a discussion point. "Hey, did you see the _______ listed on eBay?" :gossip:

Makes you wonder if this thing wasn't creator owned would Bob Kirkman still be writing it. Yes, I didn't mind the winding down issues after #48, Michonne returning, meeting some more folks (Abraham, Eugene, Rosita etc), some action, but really the writing has felt that way all the way up to #100. zzz

That's the problem with killing off characters - you have to build new ones in order to create drama. As the core are killed off, I have not connected to the new characters, I think part of the problem is I can't always tell them apart. I liked Abraham a bit but his death was anti climactic. I'm still on-board but my patience is beginning to wane. Its almost as if Kirkman is trying so hard to avoid being predictable and derivative that all drama is lost and it becomes predictable. I think some origin one shots would be nice so we can get to know some of the characters so it actually means something when they die or when they prevail.