• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Love It Justin!

Tony tweeted a pic of it just before he filled out the sky in the upper right corner.

great looking piece!

he's going to do the same auction for NYCC. im thinking about it

Thanks!

I would recommend going for the auction if you've got the money to spend.

Good luck!

Love It Justin!

Tony tweeted a pic of it just before he filled out the sky in the upper right corner.

great looking piece!

he's going to do the same auction for NYCC. im thinking about it

Thanks!

I would recommend going for the auction if you've got the money to spend.

Good luck!

were you able to chat with him at all? or was it more of a "hear ya go, thanks"

So, whats the deal with the Serbian WDs?

there was a #12 that ended tonight with no bids ($9)

Only #1, #2, #2 B&W, and #10 B&W command higher prices.

#2 B&W and #10 B&W had the smaller print runs of 50 and 100 respectively.

#1 and #2 had a larger portion of the print run sold in Serbia as readers there tried the book. They didn't like it. The series was cancelled due to poor sales in Serbia, so the majority of issues #3-13 didn't sell in Serbia and were bought by US buyers. That's why #1 and #2 are harder to find and #'s 3-13 are more common here in the US and on eBay.

#2 is really tough in high grade due to the dark cover. Most of the copies that surface are beat up. Demand is higher for #1 because if you only buy 1 Serbian you probably want to buy #1. The fact that #1 and #2 are harder to find, makes #'s 3-13 suffer value wise. People want to buy a #1, or a set of #1-13. Not many people just want a random later issue.

those are both interiors...I just wonder how much of the increase in value is because of the wider audience of Ebay vs. CLink...or that 6 months really made that much more of a difference?

Perhaps just that the large art is hitting its stride and making a gap between itself and the now regular size... in the last 6 months a lot has changed. No large art available from the well known/established dealers, most notably splash... but also the last the stuff flipped by other dealers that I saw went.

Prices for new pages have gone up, and potentially will be dictated by Ebay anyway. This is likely to have an effect on people's expectations (both sellers and buyers).

Pages available on splash has dipped below 200 last week and that number is going to keep falling. Not as much choice in general. Edit: like I said it will be interesting to see what happens when that falls below 100... maybe give it another 12 months. It's hard to guess the rate at which this will happen as I have only recently started to track it.

Everything walking dead has gone batspoon crazy in the last 6 months. Maybe you are seeing panic buying of a few pages before people think they will become out of reach?

Edited by Garf

I was lucky enough to win one of Tony Moore's guaranteed sketches for this past weekends Comikaze convention in LA. I wasn't really planning on attending the convention until I found out that Tony would be attending. I took the chance on the eBay auction and ended up with the second highest bid which got me the Sunday sketch slot and here's what Tony came up with:

tonymoore001.jpg

I'm very happy with the way it came out and very happy to have a Walking Dead piece by Tony in my collection.

Justin: Really nice, I can't recall ever seeing such a close up Rick, I love it. I also know the winner of that auction (who is here on the boards as well), and have been waiting 48 hours to post his sketch. :sumo:

Jim

This page has been on Ebay consistently for the past 6 months, and I have become so desensitized to it. If there is a market for large size Adlard art, I'd assume this piece would be in the lower end of that range, with $300-$500 would be close to market value.

Jim

They were all auctioned live / proxy bids.

Hopefully as these auctions begin everyone here will provide updates of where they are being sold. (thumbs u

Agreed. And I hope the price you mentioned is right too. I'm definitely in for $500 or less. I'm sure there will be some of the lesser known artists for that. I'm thinking the kirkman one goes for the most (depending on how awful it looks).

Just saw this discussion.

I think $500 would be the absolute floor for these. Even with the lesser known artists, the prices will be stupid since this will be the rarest of all WD books. It's a variant cover limited to 100.

Every one of these HAS to be cooler than the lame retailer incentive, which is limited to 500 and is still pulling between $250-$300 in raw NM, after the SS cutoff date.

Not to mention this book is for charity.

I think $500 would be the absolute floor for these. Even with the lesser known artists, the prices will be stupid since this will be the rarest of all WD books. It's a variant cover limited to 100.

Every one of these HAS to be cooler than the lame retailer incentive, which is limited to 500 and is still pulling between $250-$300 in raw NM, after the SS cutoff date.

You would think, but I think $500 each is too high.

Consider that a few of us want them, then realize that we may all go for the same ones (I am sure that once they are unveiled there will be discussion about which is best) leaving the lesser admired ones to collectors that may just want to have a copy but don't care who the artist is or the characters on the cover or to people who got priced out of the ones they truly wanted.

In hindsight it is easy to say that one should have grabbed X HI Justice League cover because the one you wanted ended up going for $100 less than you planned, but you don't know that until the auction is completed.

You would think, but I think $500 each is too high.

Consider that a few of us want them, then realize that we may all go for the same ones (I am sure that once they are unveiled there will be discussion about which is best) leaving the lesser admired ones to collectors that may just want to have a copy but don't care who the artist is or the characters on the cover or to people who got priced out of the ones they truly wanted.

In hindsight it is easy to say that one should have grabbed X HI Justice League cover because the one you wanted ended up going for $100 less than you planned, but you don't know that until the auction is completed.

Nobody's going to miss these or let them fly under the radar like Justice League might have. This is the hottest book on the planet right now and these will be auctioned off while the season 3 hype machine is in full-effect.

These books will probably be showcased at NYCCC and not just go to the few of us on the boards that want them. We'll be the ones watching the auctions with a reasonable price in mind, only to get blown out of the water at the last minute by new money who saw the books on display and had to have one.

I'm also thinking that these will have a big impact on registry sets.

I wish you luck, but like I said, I see $500 as the absolute floor on the weakest covers. We'll see...

Nobody's going to miss these or let them fly under the radar like Justice League might have. This is the hottest book on the planet right now and these will be auctioned off during while the season 3 hype machine is in full-effect.

These books will probably be showcased at NYCCC and not just go to the few of us on the boards that want them. We'll be the ones watching the auctions with a reasonable price in mind, only to get blown out of the water at the last minute by new money who saw the books on display and had to have one.

I'm also thinking that these will have a big impact on registry sets.

I wish you luck, but like I said, I see $500 as the absolute floor on the weakest covers. We'll see...

DING DING DING WINNER!!!

Times have changed people. New people are into it now (like myself) and more are coming because of the TV Show.

Bob said it best ...

"You better start swimming or you'll sink like a stone, for the times' they are a changin'!"