• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

9.9 :devil:

I'm trying to save for a 9.8. 9.6 at least. I'll punch the first person to say 9.4 to me. :sumo:

You have some partial trade bait for a 9.6.

Trade + $1 per day time payments? :angel:

That might take awhile. Anything else to trade?

9.9 :devil:

I'm trying to save for a 9.8. 9.6 at least. I'll punch the first person to say 9.4 to me. :sumo:

You have some partial trade bait for a 9.6.

Trade + $1 per day time payments? :angel:

That might take awhile. Anything else to trade?

ToT Comicspro 9.8... that's about it. Rest is my WD collection I want to keep. :(

EDIT: I do have other stuff on eBay. Care for a Duffman halloween costume? Wore it last year. The belt actually holds 4 beers. It was very enjoyable.

Edited by HugeRosen

Why do you think there is a variant?

It is a new beginning for THE Walking Dead. Rick Grimes is no longer in charge, and nothing will ever be the same again. It's such a perfect jumping on point, it could easily have been a new first issue - but instead, the world's best selling creator-owned comic just keeps moving forward, with #103 and counting! This is one of a specially limited series of Chris Giarrusso variants celebrating Image Comics' 20th anniversary, each limited to 1000 copies. Allocations may occur with this item based on distribution availability.

Depends how it is distributed and things like that. 1000 isn't a lot compared to the regular print run. Here is the cover. I wonder when they solicited this?

wd103variant_zpsa38d7124.jpg

I have yet to see 1,000 print run WD that was hard to obtain. There will be lots.

Depends how it is distributed and things like that. 1000 isn't a lot compared to the regular print run. Here is the cover. I wonder when they solicited this?

I have yet to see 1,000 print run WD that was hard to obtain. There will be lots.

I didn't say it would be hard to obtain. It could have some good value though. It depends on how they solicit it, conditions, terms, etc. Tons of books with higher print runs get hot initially or down the line. Variants are a weird animal and it could be good, bad or ugly is all I am saying. Revival 1 Third Eye Variant had a 1k print run and that book is blazing hot. People love the Skottie Young X Baby variants and some of those have to have huge print runs compared to this.

Would you or anyone have even cared about WD 100 1:200 sketch variants if they just said they were going to release another variant of WD 100 and the print run was between 1000-1500 copies depending on the orders? A lot depends on how they distribute the book and this is a prime example. The book is worth $150ish because of the perception of rarity and not actual rarity. Just my 2 cents.

Andy,

I do not receive the art from Skybound. I receive the art from Charlie directly.

The logistics of the situation is this: Charlie didn't sign his pages when he would ship them from the UK to me here in the US. When people asked if I could get Charlie to sign pages that are ALREADY in my possession I would tell them it is not feasible as the art is in the US and Charlie is in the UK.

The only way would be if the customer wanted to pay for international shipping from me to Charlie and back from Charlie to the customer, which most people aren't going to want to do. Thus once it is in my possession, your best bet is to catch Charlie at a convention if you want his signature.

I DID ask Charlie if he would start signing all of his pages before he shipped them out to me. This started with issue 96. Unfortunately Charlie forgot to sign his issue 98 pages before he shipped them out as he's a busy guy. This is the only issue not signed after 98. All of the Iss 102 pages that will be available later tonight are signed.

Thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt, and asking me for clarification before making shots at me :)

Mark Hay

Splash Page Comic Art

Is funny that Mark can get these from Skybound yet refuses to contact Charlie for signatures on the OA.

According to Hay, its because CA resides in the UK - but if he's selling for CA, surely he can phone him and go "Charlie - please sign each page".

Apparently its too hard.

Whats your take on this?

I did ask you directly in my email to you.

You replied,and I quote "I have asked that Charlie sign all his new pieces from now on".

I have,of my own free will spent nearly $1000 at your store and greatly enjoyed your product and service.

I still don't see why new pieces are unsigned after you saying they will be.

If the truth is a 'pot-shot' then guilty as charged.

Neither of mine are signed, and the written letter I asked you for - confirmation you recieved from and acting for,CA - was a photocopy of the sales invoice.

As a customer being told one thing, and recieving something else,I will take pot-shots whenever I like.

Andy,

I do not receive the art from Skybound. I receive the art from Charlie directly.

The logistics of the situation is this: Charlie didn't sign his pages when he would ship them from the UK to me here in the US. When people asked if I could get Charlie to sign pages that are ALREADY in my possession I would tell them it is not feasible as the art is in the US and Charlie is in the UK.

The only way would be if the customer wanted to pay for international shipping from me to Charlie and back from Charlie to the customer, which most people aren't going to want to do. Thus once it is in my possession, your best bet is to catch Charlie at a convention if you want his signature.

I DID ask Charlie if he would start signing all of his pages before he shipped them out to me. This started with issue 96. Unfortunately Charlie forgot to sign his issue 98 pages before he shipped them out as he's a busy guy. This is the only issue not signed after 98. All of the Iss 102 pages that will be available later tonight are signed.

Thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt, and asking me for clarification before making shots at me :)

Mark Hay

Splash Page Comic Art

Is funny that Mark can get these from Skybound yet refuses to contact Charlie for signatures on the OA.

According to Hay, its because CA resides in the UK - but if he's selling for CA, surely he can phone him and go "Charlie - please sign each page".

Apparently its too hard.

Whats your take on this?

lol

OWNED

Ive seen your picture.

You have nothing to be smug about.