• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

I'm kind of surprised that most subbed have gotten 9.8s. I mailed one in and I expect it to get 9.6 if I'm very lucky and it was the best example I've seen out of the ten or so I've held and inspected. I guess people are savvy enough to send in only the best copies and figure they'll roll the dice with them raw if they are not the tits.

I'm actually surprised there aren't more 9.8s... Most people didn't want to take the risk of a 9.6 or lower so they were really strict on what they purchased and subbed. I know I passed on a lot of copies this past month.

Seems like a lot of people are not hitting 9.8.

Based on the numbers we are seeing this could be a rare book in 9.8

My second copy sub is borderline and may not get a 9.8 either, and it was the second best copy I had seen.

I saw 2 at CCE. The front cover of the one I looked at was pristine. But it will never be slabbed now, and the owner had it marked at $700.

Here's something I'm working on. I liked the dark colors so I thought it would work well.

It's currently a work in progress.

IMG_02821.jpg

Did you check for the printing error ($350+) before you slabbed the book?

So who got in on the #103 LIMITED variant with RED signature, limited to only 50 copies?

Hint: It's sold out now...

Not really limited though is it. I mean you just get him to sign his signature in red and get it CGC'd Yellow label where as the DF's will be stuck with a green label

So who got in on the #103 LIMITED variant with RED signature, limited to only 50 copies?

Hint: It's sold out now...

Not really limited though is it. I mean you just get him to sign his signature in red and get it CGC'd Yellow label where as the DF's will be stuck with a green label

Are there copies that aren't going to be signed? All the copies on that site seem to be advertised as being signed.

And maybe this will be a lucille type situation?? :baiting::wishluck:

Edited by HugeRosen

I really liked the Ghost variant but now even for me it's starting to get old :S I'd much prefer the occasional variant and maybe a different twist on squeezing the fans with something more than another cover. Do an Annual, do an extra size issue like #100 every now and again and bump the price up, do an issue 105b that actually has different content with a guest writer / artist... :)

This variant toally passed me by and I don't give a monkey's.

Maybe there's more margin in just changing the cover but I'd be willing to pay a little more than that for content.