• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

WD 100 Lucille Census Update today... Very interesting numbers...

16 9.8 SS

12 9.6 SS

1 9.4 SS

1 9.2 SS

+ 1 Blue Label... Whoever bought or got a comp of a raw unsigned and had it graded ended up with a 9.6 Blue Label.

WD 100 Lucille Census Update today... Very interesting numbers...

16 9.8 SS

12 9.6 SS

1 9.4 SS

1 9.2 SS

+ 1 Blue Label... Whoever bought or got a comp of a raw unsigned and had it graded ended up with a 9.6 Blue Label.

Any guess on the final number that made it?

I'll bet we'll see a jump next Monday since most of the books mailed in around deadline haven't been graded.

I'd put the final number subbed around 15 - 20% or 70 -100 copies.

I have two more copies waiting to be graded myself, on top of the 9.8 SS I got back last week.

It's interesting that only about 50% graded have only made 9.8.

I'm kind of surprised that most subbed have gotten 9.8s. I mailed one in and I expect it to get 9.6 if I'm very lucky and it was the best example I've seen out of the ten or so I've held and inspected. I guess people are savvy enough to send in only the best copies and figure they'll roll the dice with them raw if they are not the tits.

I'm kind of surprised that most subbed have gotten 9.8s. I mailed one in and I expect it to get 9.6 if I'm very lucky and it was the best example I've seen out of the ten or so I've held and inspected. I guess people are savvy enough to send in only the best copies and figure they'll roll the dice with them raw if they are not the tits.

I'm actually surprised there aren't more 9.8s... Most people didn't want to take the risk of a 9.6 or lower so they were really strict on what they purchased and subbed. I know I passed on a lot of copies this past month.

Seems like a lot of people are not hitting 9.8.

Based on the numbers we are seeing this could be a rare book in 9.8

My second copy sub is borderline and may not get a 9.8 either, and it was the second best copy I had seen.

Edited by BeachBum

I'm actually surprised there aren't more 9.8s... Most people didn't want to take the risk of a 9.6 or lower so they were really strict on what they purchased and subbed. I know I passed on a lot of copies this past month.

Seems like a lot of people are not hitting 9.8.

Based on the numbers we are seeing this could be a rare book in 9.8

My second copy sub is borderline and may not get a 9.8 either, and it was the second best copy I had seen.

Its interesting to see that a 9.6 SS is much more rare than a 9.8. 9.6=$$$$ :insane:

Its interesting to see that a 9.6 SS is much more rare than a 9.8. 9.6=$$$$ :insane:

lol. From what BeachBum said, its by choice (of not bothering to sub them). With a book that is such a low print run anyway, shouldnt ALL of them be worth subbing? Or would that have been "locking in" its lack of 9.8ishness?

Can the raw with unknown grade really outsell a 9.6? I'm not a walking dead collector, but I would think, number of people interested in the book >>>> copies out there. All should be good subbing candidates to their original owners? Just not to someone who already had to buy it raw from someone else?

A raw will most likely not outsell a 9.6. Well, that's not necessarily true. There's raw WD #1's that sell on ebay for 800-1200 and the prospect of getting a 9.6 or higher I would assume is slim. If I'm buying raw off ebay, a 9.6 is what I'm hoping and praying I get.

so if the 9.6 would out sell raw, why wouldnt original owners (stores) all sub them, regardless of condition?

Obviously I understand the strong desire to get a 9.8. If you are paying markup to get someone else's raw to sub and sell, be picky. But the guys that couldnt sell it raw, should still be able to make money subbing the book since they didnt pay anything close to what they sell for. (werent they giveaways based on number of 100s sold --to top stores? )

Edited by CBT

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/tony-moore-robert-kirkman-lawsuit-settled.html

The original Walking Dead creative team of Robert Kirkman and Tony Moore have resolved their ongoing legal dispute.

The following joint statement, made on behalf of former frequent collaborators Kirkman and Moore, was sent to Newsarama by a public relations representative for Kirkman:

"Robert Kirkman and Tony Moore are pleased to jointly announce that they have reached an amicable agreement in their respective lawsuits and all parties have settled the entire matter to everyone's mutual satisfaction. Neither side will be discussing any details but will instead happily and productively spend their time focused on their own work and move on in their lives."

Moore initially filed suit against Kirkman in Los Angeles Superior Court in February of this year over compensation related to The Walking Dead — which, along with a successful Image comic series, has inspired a hit TV series on AMC, a video game and more — and other projects the two worked on together in the past. Kirkman subsequently filed a countersuit, claiming he "overpaid" Moore for his work. In August, Moore filed a claim in United States District Court seeking joint authorship of The Walking Dead plus Brit, Battle Pope and the unpublished Dead Planet and My Name is Abraham.

Edited by Nico Esq