• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

I decided that I am going to start buying this series and I am going to pick up some old issues. Most likely I will buy the first few TP or maybe the omnibus to get the first 20 or so issues. What are some of the key must have issues (besides the first 20 lol). Which issues have key events, deaths or first app that every collection should have?

I decided that I am going to start buying this series and I am going to pick up some old issues. Most likely I will buy the first few TP or maybe the omnibus to get the first 20 or so issues. What are some of the key must have issues (besides the first 20 lol). Which issues have key events, deaths or first app that every collection should have?

After #20 you'll want

#27 1st Governor

#33 Michonne Revenge issue/great cover

#44-48 Red cover prison Arc

#53 Ist Abraham, Rosita and Eugene

Those are the must haves.

JJ

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5970682#Post5970682

Thanks. I was somewhat avoiding the WD threads as I didn't want to accidently read spoilers info. I only read the first 20 or so issues from a friends TP back a few years ago and didn't want to read key info that might ruin the comics for me.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5970682#Post5970682

I talked to my LCS a bit ago. Diamond's order form said 1000 print run THEN yesterday they called him and said that it being printed about the same as regular issue so I wouldn't be spending 6-8 or more bucks on this if I were you.

LCS was able to adjust his order.

Cover is $2.99.

If this truly is limited to 1k, this is a decent price. Jump while its up.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310452760083

:gossip: #61

After #20 you'll want

#27 1st Governor

JJ

After #20 you'll want

#27 1st Governor

JJ

But that's not a key because of WD, that's why I left it off the list or I'd add 63,92 and 93 to that list as well. :thumbsup:

Jim

Wanted what? Those 2 copies of issue 92? I've been stockpiling that issue for months. I think that Jesus is going to be a key character, but I don't think we'll ever see issue 92 approach the price of issue 19, 27, etc. I do think that it's a great book to get signed and slabbed. I've got a half a dozen solid 9.8 candidates that I'm going to get signed and slabbed at NYCC.

Edited by Nico Esq

So when are all of you jack$$es who called me a liar going to apologize?

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. It's your history. Get one right and want to be rewarded. How about apologizing for all the made up ones 1st.

After #20 you'll want

#27 1st Governor

JJ

But that's not a key because of WD, that's why I left it off the list or I'd add 63,92 and 93 to that list as well. :thumbsup:

Jim

All of them are more key than 44-47.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. It's your history. Get one right and want to be rewarded. How about apologizing for all the made up ones 1st.

That and you waited for someone else to answer the question. So the assumption was you speaking out of your "a$$" (so eloquently spoken btw) since you failed to deliver the source. Your word is nowhere near bond. Get yourself to Dre or Jeff's status and we may end up believing you based on your word.

Until then, speak your source and don't disappear while you wait for someone else to confirm.

I agree that those aren't keys because of WD except 92 (1st Jesus) but still think they're keys. I would actually argue that 91 is a key too because it's a Jesus cameo (Hulk 180 anyone?)

2c You have a complete or almost complete collection and are looking at prices. Those issues are significantly higher demand/dinero for whatever reason so that makes them keys or is another way of making them a key.

go figure. (shrug)

After #20 you'll want

#27 1st Governor

JJ

Jim

That and you waited for someone else to answer the question. So the assumption was you speaking out of your "a$$" (so eloquently spoken btw) since you failed to deliver the source. Your word is nowhere near bond. Get yourself to Dre or Jeff's status and we may end up believing you based on your word.

Until then, speak your source and don't disappear while you wait for someone else to confirm.

Some of us have careers and lives beyond the boards ... so we don't respond to posts 5 minutes after they're made. Branget weren't you transitioning like a month ago? Tim maybe you can transition into someone thoughtful and accept responsibility for your mistakes. :idea: