• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

lol

http://www.27bslash6.com/walkingdead.html

This guy has a funny blog. If you haven't read his other stuff, I suggest clicking on Missing Missy as well.

If you don't find Missing Missy funny, we can't be friends. :grin:

I'm almost in tears every time I read missing missy

I litterally cried while reading that :D Thank you

In looking to prepare for my own (not for zombies obviously), I came across this eBay item. Hilarious marketing in red letters. Enjoy for a little smirk at least.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zombie-Killing-Survival-Lot-of-5-Weapons-Sword-Crossbow-Knife-Machete-Axe-SHTF-/180979403661?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a23368b8d

Don’t expect Walking Dead to stroll off of your TV set or lay down and rot any time soon.

Though I’m not aware of any confirmation of a fourth season, a new press release from AMC and The American Red Cross shows how one is being taken for granted.

The release, which you can read in full below, points to the website for a blood drive on which it’s said:

You could win a 3 day, 2 night trip to Walking Dead set during the filming of Season 4.

Sure, there’s probably a clause that allows them to substitute something of equivalent value.

Elsewhere as part of the campaign there are zombified images of various famous folk. I’ve pulled out this one of Peter Jackson because… well, I either don’t know about or care about any of the others. Okay, I believe in principle that I could kind of care a bit about The Black Keys but they’re double cancelled out by the inclusion of a Maria Menounos, whatever that is.

And now, that press release.

AMC and the American Red Cross have joined forces to raise awareness about the constant need for blood. In the event of a natural disaster or even a zombie apocalypse, it’s the existing blood supply that will help save lives.

“The American Red Cross Zombie Blood Drive” campaign kicks off September 24 and runs through October 22. It draws attention to this important cause through celebrity support from stars like Peter Jackson, The Black Keys, Joel Madden, Mena Suvari, Aisha Tyler, NASCAR’s Kurt Busch and EXTRA’s Maria Menounos, among others. Each celebrity will be “zombie-fied” through digital portraits created by ”The Walking Dead’s” own special effects make-up guru Greg Nicotero.

As part of the campaign, the “zombie-fied” celebrity photos will run on-air in a custom Public ‘Zombie’ Announcement (“PZA”) on AMC and online at the network’s dedicated campaign micro-site, www.amcgiveblood.com. The PZA reminds viewers to use their brains and give blood through the Red Cross.

AMC is also organizing a special sweepstakes to thank those who support blood donation through the Red Cross. The grand prize is a visit to the set of “The Walking Dead” in Atlanta, Georgia. Details are available at Amcgiveblood.com

Participating Celebrities: Peter Jackson, The Black Keys, Joel Madden, Mena Suvari, EXTRA’s Maria Menounos, Jimmy Smits, Laird Hamilton, NASCAR’s Kurt Busch, Aisha Tyler, Elisabeth Rohm and Whitney Port

Donate Blood: Visit redcrossblood.org or call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) for more information or to schedule a blood donation appointment. All blood types are needed to ensure the Red Cross maintains an adequate blood supply. A blood donor card or driver’s license or two other forms of identification are required at check-in. Donors must be in general good health, weigh at least 110 pounds and be at least 17 years old (16 in some states with completed parental consent form).

Certain height and weight restrictions apply to donors 18 and younger.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/09/25/no-surprises-here-walking-dead-season-four-being-taken-for-granted-at-amc/