• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Thanks fellas, it was $180

maybe its because im still so "green" when it comes to CGCing, but for the life of me im having a hard time differentiating between 9.6's and 9.8s when the books are in hand. i have some 9.6's that look as good as 9.8s. And for the price difference, i

simply cannot get over the fact that .2 (POINT TWO) grade difference leads to about half the cost when it comes to WD keys at least

Thanks fellas, it was $180

maybe its because im still so "green" when it comes to CGCing, but for the life of me im having a hard time differentiating between 9.6's and 9.8s when the books are in hand. i have some 9.6's that look as good as 9.8s. And for the price difference, i

simply cannot get over the fact that .2 (POINT TWO) grade difference leads to about half the cost when it comes to WD keys at least

You got a really good price on that book. Congrats.

This involves a WD comic (the same one as above, #27), so...

I bought it very cheap as part of a lot from a seller and it's one of the few issues worth getting graded - both in terms of looks and return.

Without waiting another 6 months or more for a CGC-attended Con to roll into my area, what is the best way to get it graded and what are the costs?

I know there is self-submit, and shop-submit, or the possibility of shipping it to someone near a CGC Con, but have only done on-site.

Can someone in the know tell me how much each (generally) costs for a modern and which is easier?

Thanks,

-- Dave

So I also bought The Walking Dead #27 about 3 weeks ago, Raw from eBay, overally its i beautifull condition (not proffesional or experienced grader), nice sharp corners, no smudges, spine is pristine without single crease.

The only thing I noticed is that cover is sligtly ''smaller'' than inside. I dont mean smaller of course. Picture bellow will explain what I mean :)

2cqk5qu.jpg

Does this affect final grade a lot? :/

Thank you!

EDIT: Sorry for oversized photo, is there any way to make it smaller?

Edited by Dragunov

I bought it very cheap as part of a lot from a seller and it's one of the few issues worth getting graded - both in terms of looks and return.

Without waiting another 6 months or more for a CGC-attended Con to roll into my area, what is the best way to get it graded and what are the costs?

I know there is self-submit, and shop-submit, or the possibility of shipping it to someone near a CGC Con, but have only done on-site.

Can someone in the know tell me how much each (generally) costs for a modern and which is easier?

Thanks,

-- Dave

If you don't plan on getting anything else graded, your best bet is to find an authorized dealer in your area to submit for you. Its the least hassle for you, but they might charge a fee for doing it.

If you want to self submit, you can join for $40 for the year, then spent either $18 for regular service which takes about 4 months total turnaround, or $28 for fast-track which has a 10-12 day total turnaround time.

So I also bought The Walking Dead #27 about 3 weeks ago, Raw from eBay, overally its i beautifull condition (not proffesional or experienced grader), nice sharp corners, no smudges, spine is pristine without single crease.

The only thing I noticed is that cover is sligtly ''smaller'' than inside. I dont mean smaller of course. Picture bellow will explain what I mean :)

Does this affect final grade a lot? :/

Thank you!

EDIT: Sorry for oversized photo, is there any way to make it smaller?

That's normal, since the pages are folded over, the outer-most will always be a bit shorter than the middle pages, and no, that doesn't reduce from grade since that's just how physics are :)

Some might say the book was trimmed, but I highly doubt it since that's generally only done to older books where the edges have worn/chipped. That would get you a "restored" label which is highly undesirable by most. But I don't think that's the case here.

This piece arrived at my work today, and I can't wait to have it framed before posting pics. The damn thing is massive at 18x24. :cloud9:

57AAA206-E8FF-4F2D-ACBE-7F39E04DBA72-85-0000000A91546A75.jpg

Jim

Muthaflucka!

Thats just about the best damn Michonne thing I have ever seen.

You are the man Jim.

Couldn't happen to a nicer chap - well done mate. (worship)

Thanks,

-- Dave

If you don't plan on getting anything else graded, your best bet is to find an authorized dealer in your area to submit for you. Its the least hassle for you, but they might will charge a fee for doing it.

If you want to self submit, you can join for $40 for the year, then spent either $18 for regular service which takes about 4 months total turnaround, or $28 for fast-track which has a 10-12 day total turnaround time.

Fixed that for you RB, but its damn good advice.

Jim:

Did Watkiss do that for you as a commission? It ROCKS.

Nope, another promotional piece for AMC, hoping they use this one. :wishluck:

Mr. Watkiss even asked me my opinion for any input on it before he started and I suggested that he put the reflections on Michonnes sword. He did that on one of my storyboards and I thought it was a magnificent touch. Please AMC use this for promotional purposes. :wishluck:

Jim